Thailand reports huge surge in COVID-19 cases, 1 more death

webfact

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A quote I pasted from the article I linked to:

it was the government's way of giving happiness to the people, reported INN News. 

Before they die ..

Nought wrong with that ..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

With some obvious exceptions Thailand needs to close its borders until Covid has been fully erased. 

The world has changed, we can't justify death and despair by allowing sex tourists and backpackers to travel here to simply take pleasure with some local poo ying. This isn't just my opinion. Thais in general feel this way.

Please respect expats and Thai people alike.

Sincerely 

Morris 

Furthermore. What do you think built Thailand and how did you become the mouth piece for Thais? My take on it is whatever it takes to make money from what ever which spreads to what ever other businesses is what they truly think. They don't concern themselves with the foreigners but only the money that trickles out from them coming to different areas from it. Even back packers and Thai men love girls. Respect Expats? You a funny guy.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Hopefully the government won't be panicked into having another lockdown! If it wasn't for social media hyperbolizing the situation, few would be bothered and life could go on as normal.

Yeah, until you're on a ventilator! "Normal" is gone...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

The Swedish model was a disaster. Don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.

Look to Brazil to see what an ineffective lockdown in a poor country looks like. Its a war zone there.

Sincerely

Morris

The Swedish model was not the disaster the alarmist media tend to portray, and you can see this in the global data where Sweden is now about 25th in the world with 1,307 deaths per million, which is about average for Europe... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

Sweden certainly did better than many countries that went into lockdown, including UK, France, Italy, Spain etc. 

But my real point - imagine how much better Sweden and many other countries would have done if they'd donned face masks from the onset. This is now beyond dispute and is an indictment on the western experts, including the WHO who took too long last year to change tack. The cat got out of the bag, big time.     

Lockdowns are a blunt tool. Sensible distancing, face masks, indoor restrictions where necessary and protection of the elderly would have much better managed Covid in Europe and Americas. Quarantines become essential when other countries fail with community discipline and contact tracing to control Covid.

Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, even Australia and New Zealand make it look so simple (some over the top stuff in Oz and NZ) and it is a pity the rest of world couldn't manage Covid as well as this region has.

• Like 1

This speaks volumes...  still not sure about the communicable chances at renewal times and check ins? 

Again. Stop the 30 day check in. Stop yearly renewal and change to 5 or 10 year renewal for all residents with a yellow book. 

Most of the new cases are linked to an outbreak at immigration detention centres...... any questions?

39 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

The Swedish model was a disaster. Don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.

Look to Brazil to see what an ineffective lockdown in a poor country looks like. Its a war zone there.

Sincerely 

Morris

The Swedes got hit pretty hard but they didn't lose their dignity along with their civil rights.You must be another one of those that have the ability to discern the truth yet fail to apply that ability in distinguishing it from opinion.I watched from the beginning when Brazil came from behind and rise to the podium and one can clearly see India which is also a poor and the most overcrowded place on the planet yet they were able to turn around the disaster well before vaccines became available without effective lockdowns or masks so please enlighten me with your truth on that little nugget.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RickBradford said:

You're not sure whether you had it or not? That's sure some deadly disease when many people don't even know whether they've had it or not.

Better close down the global economy immediately, just like we didn't do for SARS, or swine flu, or Hong Kong flu or .....

Sarcasm at it's finest?.  if so Good on ya.  If not, well than many of us were ill last year during the end of December to February time period and this was before Thailand closed itself down.  No Covid testing was being done, and mine was treated as a respiratory issue in February, when I went to BNH to see my regular doctor.  I went through 2 z-packs and other meds which never really helped, and the issue ended up lingering for many weeks. 

Prior to this I have never been down for more than 2 days with anything.  However, when I tried to get tested for Covid once they started to test at the hospitals I was denied testing as I did not meet the MOPH's profile. 

So go figure, it's not the fact that it is not as deadly for everybody, it is the fact that Thailand has not tested en-mass, and if you do test positive and are just asymptomatic you go to the hospital where you stay on your dime or your insurances.

I am not sure if I had it or not, yet it took over 3 months for me to get my breathing back and I am only 56 now.  I also run between 30 to 40 km a week, and just put in 15km this evening as I am finally feeling better, but that's a year later. Yes I get a flu vaccination yearly as well as the pneumococcal vaccination as I am a diabetic. 

Think outside of the box Sir, I have lost 3 of my former co-workers to Covid as well as a friend who was a teacher to my children.  By the way Fox Sports just lost a man to Covid who was young and fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope those poor blighters squashed up in the appalling contions had a towel. It has taken more than a week for this to come into the numbers. Why? What about the staff there? This is another boxing ring cluster that has to spread. 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling image removed
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

There are very few, if any, false positives. There is a relatively large percentage of false negatives. (sometimes up to 20%). People can have the virus for just a day or so and not test positive because there is not sufficient virus in their body to register.

To the poster who said the media is hyperbolizing Covid. We thought that in America also. People didn't want to do what it takes to prevent the spread of the virus and look where we are now. Over 10 million cases and over 555,000 dead. Hospitals over overloaded. Things are just now getting better but we've also had the vaccine for a few months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

What has percentage got to do with it ? It is peoples lives lost not a maths exercise.

In construction they used to price in the death of a worker for every floor they built in high rise buildings.I think they came up with $50,000 per life or floor.People's live are often reduced to numbers and a price just check a life insurance policy if you don't believe me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

If they test 300, they find 300 cases.

What happens when they test 10,000,000?

they find 5 000 000 positive, because at the half of the job, they change the one who test (this one was contaminated).

A joke... no one know, there is not enough test, but also wrong positive, and wrong negative...

How we can know something like this ?

We just know that there is no more death than last year and year before that is abnormal...

But clearly, they speak as if they know there is something very dramatic, and, we absolutely have to trust it so much. We have to ! So just trust it... do not thinking to much.

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sarcasm at it's finest?.  if so Good on ya.  If not, well than many of us were ill last year during the end of December to February time period and this was before Thailand closed itself down.  No Covid testing was being done, and mine was treated as a respiratory issue in February, when I went to BNH to see my regular doctor.  I went through 2 z-packs and other meds which never really helped, and the issue ended up lingering for many weeks.  Prior to this I have never been down for more than 2 days with anything.  However, when I tried to get tested for Covid once they started to test at the hospitals I was denied testing as I did not meet the MOPH's profile.  So go figure, it's not the fact that it is not as deadly for everybody, it is the fact that Thailand has not tested en-mass, and if you do test positive and are just asymptomatic you go to the hospital where you stay on your dime or your insurances.  I am not sure if I had it or not, yet it took over 3 months for me to get my breathing back and I am only 56 now.  I also run between 30 to 40 km a week, and just put in 15km this evening as I am finally feeling better, but that's a year later. Yes I get a flu vaccination yearly as well as the pneumococcal vaccination as I am a diabetic.  Think outside of the box Sir, I have lost 3 of my former co-workers to Covid as well as a friend who was a teacher to my children.  By the way Fox Sports just lost a man to Covid who was young and fit.

yes, i think no one deny the fact that COVID exist.

No one deny fact that human can die.

And not only from COVID targeted excessively.

It is very good that people can debate around this so targeted subject (targeted by force).

Very good because by facts, there is so many things strange around.

If it was, let's said... the Ebola virus, but with propagation easy same than COVID, sure, it will no have to debate so much, because it would be evident to lock down and to prioritize sanity up to economy, as rate death from economy lock down will be less lower than 50% rate death from Ebola virus propagation.

It is not the same situation with COVID, and as with a strong flue and so many other stronger virus (Deng, Malaria, Yellow fever, and so many more very dangerous), even compared with death on the road.

So clearly, for me, it is very strange to make the choice to kill the economy of the lowest and middle class society citizen of countries who has consequence to directly increasing (without surprise i think) the rate death a lot, and much more than COVID do (by suicide and also consequence of poverty, but also the other one without sanity care when they really need without delay).

The question still remain: why this choice ? No one can be stupid and surprised so much about consequences and reality of death rate world wide, so why ?

Edited by jerolamo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Donga said:

The Swedish model was not the disaster the alarmist media tend to portray, and you can see this in the global data where Sweden is now about 25th in the world with 1,307 deaths per million, which is about average for Europe... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

Sweden certainly did better than many countries that went into lockdown, including UK, France, Italy, Spain etc. 

But my real point - imagine how much better Sweden and many other countries would have done if they'd donned face masks from the onset. This is now beyond dispute and is an indictment on the western experts, including the WHO who took too long last year to change tack. The cat got out of the bag, big time.     

Lockdowns are a blunt tool. Sensible distancing, face masks, indoor restrictions where necessary and protection of the elderly would have much better managed Covid in Europe and Americas. Quarantines become essential when other countries fail with community discipline and contact tracing to control Covid.

Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, even Australia and New Zealand make it look so simple (some over the top stuff in Oz and NZ) and it is a pity the rest of world couldn't manage Covid as well as this region has.

Norway next door are 90th. Similar size population density.

It's been universally accepted that it didn't work. .

You're spreading fake news.

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Norway next door are 90th. Similar size population density.

It's been universally accepted that it didn't work. .

You're spreading fake news.

Sorry, but you should also consider the World Health Organization to spread fake news then...  WHO web site

Or maybe you don't understand what you are reading, or your sources are full of fake news, but you consider them as the best one (invert the values is something who can arrive, it is not about you, but just look at your sources).

Can you tell us how long you look at TV by day ? how many hours ? (just for an indication) and where are your sources origin from ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

In the Bangkok Post they do list from which countries they came from, but not their nationality. If they were all Thais then they are not required to have a Covid test prior to flight. Other nationalities could have tested negative, but contracted the virus afterwards. The system is not foolproof, hence the continued need for quarantine.

Then why have the test, if there is a quarantine anyway

7 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

The Thai people nor the ex pat  community simply don't want the virus here. We don't have universal health care. Please respect that.

Sincerely 

Morris 

How much cash have you and your expat mates contributed to those now without work ?

• Like 2

My wife finished her quarantine today. No-one from her flight from the UK was infected.

However over the last 4 days she was contacted by 3 different Thai friends of a couple of places to avoid in Pattaya when she gets out.

Alledgedly in the last week a few people have tested positive for Covid19 outside of Pattaya but had been working in Pattaya during that week.

This is why it is so so important to get jabs into people's arms, to control this virus, this Government is still flip flopping over vaccinations, 

The UK is a good example of vaccination, 1 month ago they had over 1,500 deaths per day, but yesterday this was down to 17 in the day

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, POUNPOUI said:

Hello from Switzerland. I was in quarantine from 11 to 26 January in BKK. 

Of the new cases, 337 were local transmissions, while 18 were imported from people entering quarantine. 46 others were found from  contact tracing.

It's strange that there is 18 people new covid-19 when entering quarantine, because if you travel by plane from other countries YOU MUST have RT-PCR covid-19 test NEGATIVE.

It seems many people don't understand the science and risk. 

Testing is not perfect. And, not all tests are equally accurate. For example, some countries have Chinese made tests that have very low accuracy.. 

Even high quality tests are not 100% accurate. 

9 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

With some obvious exceptions Thailand needs to close its borders until Covid has been fully erased. 

The world has changed, we can't justify death and despair by allowing sex tourists and backpackers to travel here to simply take pleasure with some local poo ying. This isn't just my opinion. Thais in general feel this way.

Please respect expats and Thai people alike.

Sincerely 

Morris 

You conveniently forgot the largest by far group of tourists which are the Chinese. You know, the place where this global catastrophe began. Shall we keep them out, too or let them in?

Sincerely 

Old Senile Man

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

The Thai people nor the ex pat  community simply don't want the virus here.

Yeah right! As if it miraculously bypassed Thailand. ????

Random testing between April and June last year in Community Hospitals in Thailand indicated that 6.3% of Thai people had COVID antibodies (IgM)which shows they had already been infected. So 9 months ago it was already higher than the rest of the Worlds average of 5.1% of the population.

image.png.c7b5d1d231ffba67a48301362b7484a7.png

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.24.20139188v3.full.pdf

If you want to put your head in the sand and believe the Government issued figures go ahead. 

For me I believe that bears S**t in the woods, not that someone miraculously managed to plug all their b*tt h*les up.

'....If you find bear poop in our woods it must have been left there by Bears from Woods outside of Thailand who are sneaking in....  All our bears are permanently constipated... '

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tonray said:

Queueing up for those in person 90 day reports probably isn't going to help either. I need to go in the next two weeks...always a surge of Burmese laborers crowding the office in Nonthaburi too.

I don't know.. This constant blaming of Burmese migrants is funny to me. It is the one immigrant (farangs) mimicking the xenophobia of the Thais. When the Thais also do not like the farang. 

It's weird to see... 

For all the blame on Burmese, I've seen almost none of the people on these forums make mention of the ongoing sex work by Thais with Thais and expats that is almost certainly contributing to virus spread. 

I guess it's exclusively the Burmese' fault