Thailand reports huge surge in COVID-19 cases, 1 more death

webfact

On 3/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, Bkk Brian said:

I'm sick and tired of all you Thai bashers, its all under control, honest!!! ???? giving happiness to the people.................

I'd hate to see your definition of out of control..........????

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, sungod said:

I'd hate to see your definition of out of control..........????

Pretty much any Western country. Check the stats new cases deaths. 61 new cases yesterday no deaths in Thailand. France 80,000 new cases, 245 deaths, both climbing.

• Like 1

Only being realistic.  If travel was banned, nobody would take any notice, but travel anyway.

As it is only Thais travelling, not a danger as most of the virus is spread by dirty immigrants.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, Chernsarmkhuat said:

Yes Thai people need a test, the Thai man I was on the mini van with going from the airport to our Assigned State Quarantine hotel said he missed the first flight he was booked on. He lived in a remote area of the USA and the test results takes longer. By the time he got to a major center the  72 hours was up. His test was overdue by 3 minutes. He had to be tested again and take a later flight. 

As far as I know, they only need a test if the airline they're flying on requires all passengers to have a negative PCR test. Many airlines do require this but not all. Thai Airways for instance, does not require Thai nationals to have a negative test result.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 6:00 PM, RickBradford said:

You're not sure whether you had it or not? That's sure some deadly disease when many people don't even know whether they've had it or not.

That's an illogical statement. Just because someone doesn't know they had (or have) a disease doesn't mean it isn't deadly.

Many older men develop mild forms of prostate cancer in later life but because it's very slow-developing and non-aggressive they may never know they have it.

That doesn't alter the fact that in other men, it can still be a highly deadly disease.

As mentioned in the article below:

Studies have shown that between 86% and 98% of men with LPC do not die from their cancer in all age groups

Prostate cancer patients underestimate life expectancy without treatment

15 hours ago, elliss said:

Before ,  They realize,  hopefully .

Covid is not going away . 

It mutates . New variants .

Mother Nature versus Science ...

One winner ...

Not necessarily - just look at smallpox. Once one of the deadliest diseases known to man, it was totally eradicated by science.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 5:45 PM, BumGun said:

If # of deaths is the metric...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/air-pollution-may-be-a-leading-global-cause-of-death#A-sophisticated-new-model

One wonders why we don't shut down the planet for that ?

"...shut down the planet..." is a hyperbolic statement designed to solicit emotional reactions. No one is suggesting shutting down the planet. Two point seven million deaths is not, as perviously suggested, "hardly any deaths". Air pollution is a serious problem and also kills millions of people, but it is not contagious. COVID-19 is contagious. Both are serious problems that require action.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Don Dunkelblum said:

Testing is a waste of time.

Blanket vaccination in Thailand is now a priority.

Yeah.... those Forest Service fire watch employees in the towers are a complete waste of money/effort.  Better to just run when you see flames.

Testing will remain prudent until the population nears or achieves herd immunity.

Edited by gamb00ler

On 3/23/2021 at 2:07 AM, huangnon said:

Keep mass-testing with the utterly flawed PCR method, and you'll get the numbers of false-positives required to shutdown protests and keep people scared.

What’s your profession? 

Let me guess, you did your own research. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's an illogical statement. Just because someone doesn't know they had (or have) a disease doesn't mean it isn't deadly.

I'm not talking about "a disease".

I'm talking about Covid-19, a respiratory illness, whose symptoms are very clear and identifiable, and where the symptoms are closely related to the cause of death, which is respiratory failure, for the most part.

So it is effectively impossible for somebody to die of Covid-19  without any symptoms.

Furthermore, a virus infection comes and then disappears, often without intervention. Cancer comes and stays; it is what is known as a progressive disease. The analogy between them falls at the first fence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

What’s your profession? 

Let me guess, you did your own research. 

I'm an engineer by trade. Thanks.

Yep, I "do my own research" on most important things that affect my livelihood, freedom, health and wealth.

Let me guess, you're happy to let someone else do that for you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 2:35 PM, BobinBKK said:

May I propose a bikini car wash? ????

Wow.   Those were the days . 

I had no interest in politics then . 

Know,  I am past my Die By Date . 

Three score and ten . Long enough . to suffer ..

Past that age , the seed is weak .. Laws of Nature..

Now ,, I have aged into , a rite old miserable , bstd .

Natural progression .. until .. RIp .. 555