Swedish travel bookings to Thailand increased by 150 percent

snoop1130

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

As this article does not tell us what the base figure which has shown a 150% increase is; then it is meaningless.

Last year they had 100,000, then this year 250,000. Last year 10, this year 25.

It's just TATtery under another name!

150% of none is still...... none!!!????????????????????????????????

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

What airline have they booked? Svenska Air? I tried to find the cost of flying EVA PE with no luck.

Maybe they are planning to drive?

Emirates maybe... Emirates Airline do the job, what ever is happening, they do the job well.

Or maybe change country to get an other one Lufthansa or Air France company who is trying to survive... there is some more around who rich Thailand destination, even if the fly is full at 1/4  with good price.

Thai Airways do the job too, but at very huge price if we compare (3 to 4 times upper), they have big problem to win money and have some other expensive tasks to achieve by obligation in the same time... there own situation is very different than all the other fly companies i think.

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

as the last year there were almost not tourism, it's difficult to compare.

those budget travel agencies do have charter flights around one time per week and air planes are on the small side, around 200 passengers. If plane is not full in either one leg of journey, they would cancel flight and bump on another flight.

several month ago there was a very similar hurra optimistic article (covered advertising), but it was with a warning from governments not to book international holidays well in advance, because of unclear situation.

150%of Zero% TAT at the abacus again. Hmmmmmmm!

3 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Meaningless speculation. 

3rd wave starting in Europe now.  

3rd wave of what ? of communication ? of what ? can you add some words the way to build a sentence and have any argument to pretend to defend ? or nothing ? What is the level there, please, show us that we can try to understand what is your idea to share with us. Please, share, inform us: what do you know, please ?

There is a new wave 2 times by year about every virus in the 4 season area, all over the world, you should not be surprised with that... you have to learn this, it is one of the basement of virology knowledge at minimum level. So for Europe, it is the first wave of any virus for the first year (with one month retard due to the weather changed). I can predict you the next in September, but maybe one month later. Like that you will be informed.

In tropical area it is always after the first raining part of the raining season...

There is no exception with that.

And then what ? fear again ? panic ? trust God and official business influential and their own agents and well known representative politicians and experts people again ? We not talk about treatment existing and efficient again (who are very cheap and in public domain to, that is why we can not talk about that ? right ?) ? Only priest for quick new age genetic product wrong named: "vaccine" to be the magic rabbit box as they educate us to think about ? (i hope it will be too, because it looks like they (who are they... good question, there is an answer) don't want us to know anything and to let us any kind of choice... can't you see after one year ? no, only TV source information origin then ? ok...)

I hope also much more intelligence from humanity, it is very welcome and much more requested to go ahead now.

16 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

150%of Zero% TAT at the abacus again. Hmmmmmmm!

in fact, i think we can have an idea from the serial number provided in the certificat of entry. It looks like to be a n+1 algorithm number.

Start from the very first start of COE application, it is now around 4000 farang to come... so maybe around.. between 12 000 to 24 000  a year maximum (it is very far from millions, for sure). And that is representing, i think, more than 200% already from last year.

Is it because they start back to provide attractive price and failed with expensive high cost to paid for Hotel ? yes it is, for sure... there is nothing more different than before than the price going down... it should then have a true to learn with that, isn't it ?

Farang, same than Thai, are not the Christmas turkeys that can be stuffed with the first situation where constraint exists for any reason X or Y, good or not. Even when they are hostage by a family situation they choose to assume honorably...

that's it... learn from this who want to learn something factual.

Exception is for very rich people who can even come with private jet fly... and because i stay near an airport in my country, i can see that they never fly so much than in the COVID time (lock down or not). So they ar enot concerned by the situation so much, and they sur not go in a ASQ hotel, they have other alternatives.

Take note everyone TUI are stating a 150% increase in “bookings” a bookng is not necessarily an arrival.

For example, let’s say last year TUI had 1,000 bookings, 998 of them eventually cancelled. This year they have 2,500 bookings, of which a portion of these may be bookings carried over from the previous year, bookings that were not refunded and rescheduled to this year.

So, how many of the 2,500 bookings actually go ahead is anyone’s guess. TUI (like many other travel operators) will be taking bookings in anticipation hoping the borders will be open, only difference being is they will find it very difficult to get deposits from their customers. 

I would bet they are zero deposit bookings, or they will have a free cancellation clause allowing the traveller to get a full refund, this would explain the increase in bookings compared to the previous year.

No doubt TUI will also have a clause itself stating that should they not sell enough holidays to fill the planes they can also cancel. Again, it’s anyone’s guess how many of these bookings actually go ahead.

The article says:

Sales to Thailand have increased by 150 percent compared to last year,” Adam Györki says to local media Aftonbladet. 

However, last year was 2020 to my knowledge, and most turist areas, travel agencies, and airline stated that they were 80 percent to 90 percent down in sales.

Would be more interesting to know a figure compared to 2019...????

16 hours ago, DJBenz said:

Cases rising in Sweden and new variants among them, so I guess those Swedes are looking forward to a 15-day isolation:

image.png.9a26e00610199efe2c282f92c45c53a9.png

https://www.thelocal.se/20210316/new-covid-19-variants-now-dominate-in-half-of-swedens-regions/

Hope TUI has a good refund policy or many of the 150% Swedish will be crying out the blues

• Haha 1