4 New Ministers Royally Endorsed

webfact

TNA.jpg

BANGKOK, March 24 (TNA) - His Majesty the King endorsed the appointment of four new ministers of the Prayut Chan-o-cha government, including the education minister and the minister of digital economy and society.

The Royal Gazette stated that three former ministers were earlier disqualified for being sentenced to imprisonment. They were Thaworn Senneam, former deputy transport minister, Buddhipongse Punnakanta, former digital economy and society minister, and Nataphol Teepsuwan, former education minister.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-661280

tnalogo.jpg

5 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Good  Old  Smack crackhead heroin smuggler  minister doesnt  have a criminal record then!

As I understand it, he claims it doesn't apply to Thailand because the claimed conviction and prison time were both in Aussie. Besides, it wasn't drugs anyway, IIRC, it was flour. Though why anyone would import flour into Aussie remains a mystery to me.

Best not to look too closely I suppose, TV says it is under constant surveillance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Good  Old  Smack crackhead heroin smuggler  minister doesnt  have a criminal record then!

They don't recognise criminal records from foreign countries with functioning criminal justice systems.

Similarly, Thais convicted of serious crimes (felonies) are not usually stopped from entering Western countries because the Thai criminal records system is antiquated and ineffective. 

1 hour ago, Taswegian23 said:

As I understand it, he claims it doesn't apply to Thailand because the claimed conviction and prison time were both in Aussie. Besides, it wasn't drugs anyway, IIRC, it was flour. Though why anyone would import flour into Aussie remains a mystery to me.

Best not to look too closely I suppose, TV says it is under constant surveillance.

And he  wasnt imprisoned he was  helping out there, from memory,for 2  years.

7 hours ago, gunderhill said:

And he  wasnt imprisoned he was  helping out there, from memory,for 2  years.

Right. Highly likely. Sterling fellow. Salt of the earth, honest as the day is long and clever with it.

Edited by Taswegian23

I know it’s titillating to talk smack about Captain, erm, Smack, but let’s not miss the real news here- these 3 were convicted just last month of sedition for their role within the PDRC overthrow of 2014. I understand they are going through their appeal process, I wonder how that will go....?

Whilst innocent until proven guilty applies, I am somewhat surprised at the boldness of this move. Either the powers-that-be feel untouchable or they are out-of-touch. Or both. 

I suspect this can only fan the flames of discontent and injustice. 

Edited by realfunster
Typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, realfunster said:

I know it’s titillating to talk smack about Captain, erm, Smack, but let’s not miss the real news here- these 3 were convicted just last month of sedition for their role within the PDRC overthrow of 2014. I understand they are going through their appeal process, I wonder how that will go....?

Whilst innocent until proven guilty applies, I am somewhat surprised at the boldness of this move. Either the powers-that-be feel untouchable or they are out-of-touch. Or both. 

I suspect this can only fan the flames of discontent and injustice. 

Too bad it was only 3 of them and too bad it was only a short period of incarceration. A more deserving trio it would be hard to conceive of. Not at all surprising they ended up as MP's and Ministers.

Wait for the convictions to be overturned, as surely they will be. All legal niceties observed of course. I have not the slightest doubt that the fix is already in.

• Like 1