Thai Visa agent legit?

I would say that different things are different things.

In other words getting an application through that has a minor case of non compliance based on short seasoning is very different than submitting an application based on 800k in a Thai bank when you don’t have the funds at all.

So yes things aren't strictly black and white.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Name one immigration office that doesn't have an immigration officer with rank inspector or higher.

The immigration order only states the rank of of inspector can forward it to a authorized person. It does not say they can approve it. I think that would be at the division level of immigration in most cases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If you read the order, its the commander "or" an authorized competent officer.

Only if a competent officer equivalent to that of the rank of Inspector is firstly of the opinion that the alien has a legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom.

Each region has one Commander.

Any such application certainly wouldn't be approved on the same day, if it followed the procedure as set down in the order.

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Name one immigration office that doesn't have an immigration officer with rank inspector or higher.

Our Inspector covers 3 offices and is rarely available only by appointment.

Generally only a Supervisor is available and in charge.

You townies may be different, but us Country bumkins have to share an Inspector.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Our Inspector covers 3 offices and is rarely available only by appointment.

Generally only a Supervisor is available and in charge.

You townies may be different, but us Country bumkins have to share an Inspector.

Which immigration office is this?

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If you get a chance, call the guys at a couple of the big Pattaya agents (key, speedy etc), they are foreigners and easy to get on the phone. Their standard explanation is , the boss is authorised.

Peter, I'm disappointed that a man of your experience would even listen to, yet believe anything an agent tells you.

I had a high regard for Key Visas until I watched a You tube video where he was interviewed by a radio presenter. According to Key Visa you have to be 50 to get a 'Marriage Visa' (extension) at Immigration.

I switched off after 11 minutes of absolute 'blag and bluff'.

It's no wonder a lot of foreigners state they extended their 'Retirement' or 'Marriage' Visas at Immigration, when they listen to videos like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Which immigration office is this?

Roi Et, Kalasin and Yasathon.

They are currently building a new Immigration office in Roi Et so hopefully we'll get our own Inspector, but the point being made is even an Inspector does not have the authority to 'waive' any discrepancies in an application, he only has the authority to forward it to a Commander for approval and final decision. 

Edited by Tanoshi

44 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Roi Et, Kalasin and Yasathon.

According to Roi Et Immigration's website they have four people who have the required rank of inspector or higher: http://www.roietimmigration.com/articledetail.asp?id=33674

Kalasin and Yasothon don't have their own website, thus not so easy to tell, but most likely they also have at least one or two, who have the required rank.

59 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

but the point being made is even an Inspector does not have the authority to 'waive' any discrepancies in an application, he only has the authority to forward it to a Commander for approval and final decision. 

My point was that every immigration office has somebody who could forward the application if the foreigner doesn't fulfill the requirements.

Nobody here could provide any proper source regarding who (besides of the chief of the RTP) can waive requirements and to which extent, we only have hearsay and speculations about this.

21 hours ago, fishtank said:

Is it legit? Of course it is not.

Up to you if you want to chance it though.

Why not just find a legal way to stay?

legality doesn't matter to these folks, for they have the moral compass of criminals. It wouldn't take much to clean up all this trash in this country and imo just a matter of time. Obviously Thailand has to be very careful in reopening, these are the types of people who would try to fake vax proof.. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Surely if what agents do, other than hand holding, was legit or legal nobody would need them? All you would have to do is ask at the immigration office- how much for whatever 'legit' process you were after, including an extension with nothing in the bank or a volunteer visa with no volunteering. If it's all legal why pay a middle man ????

Exactly. Got it in one. Best post of the whole topic.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fishtank said:

The reason that I and others have to jump through ever expanding hoops is because unscrupulous characters have repeatedly dodged the system.

This makes it harder for the legitimate amongst us as the rules keep getting toughened up.

Years ago there was no such thing as 2 or 3 month seasoning. Owing to dodgy applicants finding ways round it we all had to suffer.

Unscrupulous characters? Bit of a bold statement. Dodgy applicants finding ways around things, or dodgy IO's? This is Thailand; one of the most corrupt countries there is. Let's not pretend that IO want everything to be nice and easy for you - they want to make it difficult because if it's too easy, they won't get anything under the table...

Mrs Ubon went to vote in the elections today and she told me her sisters were given 2,500 Baht each to vote for a certain candidate. If elections are bought, why can't visas/extensions be?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Bob4u said:

Is it worth the headache and dealing with immigration if you can pay?

I use a  Visa Agent , via Thai Visa .. 

Service perfect .  No waiting  /  No headaches ..

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Unscrupulous characters? Bit of a bold statement. Dodgy applicants finding ways around things, or dodgy IO's? This is Thailand;

Mrs Ubon went to vote in the elections today and she told me her sisters were given 2,500 Baht each to vote for a certain candidate. If elections are bought, why can't visas/extensions be?

Democracy .. ?

Does not exist . 

Much the same as religion ...

However , that said ....

41 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Surely if what agents do, other than hand holding, was legit or legal nobody would need them? All you would have to do is ask at the immigration office- how much for whatever 'legit' process you were after, including an extension with nothing in the bank or a volunteer visa with no volunteering. If it's all legal why pay a middle man ????

Fyi .  

Immi Officer , presented me with a agents , contact card . 

That would make my problems ,  negotiable ..

Every body happy ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

So why does he need you to contact an agent if the process is legal? 

He doesn't need you to, he wants you to. 

Mrs Ubon & I were offered a 3 month visa & 12 month extension direct from IO only two weeks ago, we plan to take them up on it as soon as they stop issuing covid extensions. No middle men. This will be the first time I have ever held a 'dodgy' visa in the many years that I've been here.

Does this make it legal? Or perhaps Mrs Ubon being Thai, the IO knowing us for years and understanding our situation made things easier for us. We aren't all 'dodging the system' as some would claim. Some of us don't have any other options.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

He doesn't need you to, he wants you to. 

Mrs Ubon & I were offered a 3 month visa & 12 month extension direct from IO only two weeks ago, we plan to take them up on it as soon as they stop issuing covid extensions. No middle men. This will be the first time I have ever held a 'dodgy' visa in the many years that I've been here.

Does this make it legal? Or perhaps Mrs Ubon being Thai, the IO knowing us for years and understanding our situation made things easier for us. We aren't all 'dodging the system' as some would claim. Some of us don't have any other options.

what office and how much is he charging? If you have been here for years why would you need a 3 month visa anyway and why is it going to be a 'dodgy' one?

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

what office and how much is he charging? If you have been here for years why would you need a 3 month visa anyway and why is it going to be a 'dodgy' one?

He does not have a non immigrant visa entry that is required to apply for an extension of stay.

How about when you leave? Would the IO stamping you out question you or your visa at all?

"How have you been supporting yourself?"

"What company were you volunteering with?"

"What volunteer work were you doing?"

"Do you have any proof of this?"

"Have you been working in any other capacity?"

And so on.

Or can they clearly see that it is a visa obtained through an agent, so do not question it?

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

How about when you leave? Would the IO stamping you out question you or your visa at all?

"How have you been supporting yourself?"

"What company were you volunteering with?"

"What volunteer work were you doing?"

"Do you have any proof of this?"

"Have you been working in any other capacity?"

And so on.

Or can they clearly see that it is a visa obtained through an agent, so do not question it?

You never know what will happen and who needs the stress of worrying?

• Haha 2