How young is too young?

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Mate, my advise to you is is to enjoy the attention while you can and as long as the girls are over the age of consent you're good to go because there will be times that you'd be longing for a female attention and non will be there to be found...

If I was just on holiday that would totally be my attitude. But I'm living and working in Thailand and don't want to take a dump in the punch bowl, so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if over 18 and not a student, i don't have a problem.  you might have a problem, lol, but I don't have a problem.  yes, you will be a sexpat to all their friends, community, etc...but it's not the worst.

if a student at your school and you are in a position of trust, then that seems wrong.  it's probably legal, but highly unethical.  then i would question if this teacher wants even younger......sick

if you think you can date a girl who is 18, then you need to go see someone.   even 25 at your age is impossible long-term.  then you have to ask why you can't talk to women your own age.  hook up is fine....have fun.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

if over 18 and not a student, i don't have a problem.  you might have a problem, lol, but I don't have a problem.  yes, you will be a sexpat to all their friends, community, etc...but it's not the worst.

if a student at your school and you are in a position of trust, then that seems wrong.  it's probably legal, but highly unethical.  then i would question if this teacher wants even younger......sick

if you think you can date a girl who is 18, then you need to go see someone.   even 25 at your age is impossible long-term.  then you have to ask why you can't talk to women your own age.  hook up is fine....have fun.   

I do not want a serious relationship with an 18 year-old. However, the occasional meal and drink and intimacy, perhaps. I'm interested to explore how I feel about that. That is quite a young age (19/20) but I'm intrigued. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

If you're concerned about what your Thai colleagues may think of this relationship, then don't do it!  As I'm sure you're well aware, the Thai 'grapevine' will have this knowledge of your relationship distributed far and wide in the bat of an eye!  The fact that you're a teacher makes it IMHO, a serious issue, because I think you will lose any respect that your Thai colleagues may have for you.  Sorry, but it just reinforces the believe that all foreigners just came to Thailand for young 'kitty'.

OK. So, I'd appreciate a safe number. Do I have to bang only 30 +? 

I'm thinking of just spending weekends in the next city over and have my kitties there. 

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Job offer withdrawn !

Some industry-leading corporate lawyers like to be a human toilet for trannies on the weekend. Does it affect their performance in the courtroom? 

However, the wagging fingers of Thailand's expat Puritans come out for a 40 year old man, ruminating over whether he would date a young woman. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cooked said:

Thais do this kind of stuff all the time, not that certain jealous tongues don't wag. 

Just avoid your students, girls from 'ambitious' families that actually push their daughter to 'find a Farang'.  Be prepared to meet the family, at which point your eyes will be opened, one way or the other.

I'm curious what you mean. If I have a relationship of sorts with a 19yo, I would meet the family? Eek. The father would be my age. And then what? 

Please tell me more about these ambitious families. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, have you ever stopped to consider the 20 year olds pressing like on tinder are working girls, they are not looking for a date, they are looking for a customer.

I think you may find the number of 20 year olds looking to date you, or hook up for casual sex, may be a lot less than you think.

These are not working girls. Look real ordinary, not particularly hot, girls. 

• Haha 1

this is anonymous for a reason.......much better if on Facebook so his friends, family, and people back home can see his true intentions...

so yea......post whatever.   i am 99 and have 10000 19-year old gf's and they don't judge me.  yea, give me keys to the classroom.....my mom said, "get it!!!"

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

this is anonymous for a reason.......much better if on Facebook so his friends, family, and people back home can see his true intentions...

so yea......post whatever.   i am 99 and have 10000 19-year old gf's and they don't judge me.  yea, give me keys to the classroom.....my mom said, "get it!!!"

I am asking whether it is socially acceptable to date a young woman. 

So odd that male expats in Thailand would be so morally self-righteous

Wait just a minute! You're not actually male, are you, Karen? 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Nick in Thailand said:

OK. So, I'd appreciate a safe number. Do I have to bang only 30 +? 

I'm thinking of just spending weekends in the next city over and have my kitties there. 

Having lived in the area that you mention, I'd have to remind you of the phrase "Don't <deleted> on your own door-step'. Keep your social life far away from your professional life is my recommendation. There are many placesthat are a short scooter ride away.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I am asking whether it is socially acceptable to date a young woman. 

So odd that male expats in Thailand would be so morally self-righteous

Wait just a minute! You're not actually male, are you, Karen? 

• Haha 2