Government House bans a female Thai reporter for alleged cultural faux pas

webfact

And I thought Thailand was tryng its best to not be a 3rd world country.  Well I never, stopped to realize

just how thin skinned the leader, errr so called leader could be, and a military man to boot.

Oh well reality bites   I guess.

Geezer

12 hours ago, djayz said:

Did she ask him a difficult / awkward question? 

it looks, like before this incident she was singled out and ordered to wait outside the building, before let in into airconditioning, as on Sunday she has reported about the gun pointed at her. 

So she did escalate into pointing her feet towards the pm.

The head of the government press office did explain that barring her was for her false reporting, and not for this incident.

However, the journalist association gave a statement, that journalists should respect the ruling class.

Looks, like she is a brave journalist trying to fight against the oppressive system, so kudos to her.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-reporter-whose-crossed-legs-infuriated-pm-banned-from-govt-house/

Edited by internationalism

Further evidence that he must step down, or be removed. He is a toxic force, and a dinosaur. The youth is right. 

As time goes on, he is becoming more and more irrational, and increasingly less tolerant. First alcohol spray, and now this? Can't handle the heat? Get out of the frying pan. Now! You are starting to remind us of a bizarre man who was voted out recently in the US, with your highly undignified behavior. And you dare to accuse the reporter of an  inappropriate act? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 6:39 AM, ThailandRyan said:

What's worse the face on the note being stepped on or being run over...just saying.

I was once rebuked for putting some folding money in the back pocket of my shorts and sitting on the king's head.