Real estate: Foreigners told that 2021 is a Golden Year for investment in condos

webfact

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I can see no prices have been reduced over the COVID period.

I think is true for advertised prices.......but get into serious negotiations and I think there are some good deals to be had.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

2021, a 'golden year' for being ripped off.  I wonder how many thousands of unsold condos there are in Thailand now.  At a rough count of floors in new builds,  ( it was a slow day) it must be close to 8,000 in Pattaya/Jomtien  alone. 

What dos "unsold" mean ? I have never really understood what people mean when they refer to unsold or empty. The developer still owns them, owned but not lived in ??

Do developer disclose what unsold stock they have ?

I don't know the status of the condo next door let alone whole buildings.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would also like to point out in 2013 the 250 houses in my village were all sold for 1M8bht (95% mortgage arraigned by building company through SCB).

Since then about 15%-20% have been repossessed/abandoned, there are no buyers and they are trying to sell for 2M-2m5bht (no  mortgage deals). 

The abandoned houses are all devoid of electric/water meters and are gradually being eaten by termites, and the gardens overgrown. You'd have to be insane to buy one now.

a golden opportunity then? ????????????

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The best time to buy a condo will be when military conflict is underway (or shortly after it finishes) in the region. All signs point to a very significant, perhaps even global, conflict coming soon. I'd save my cash to see how things shape up after the global economy is further devastated.

don’t hold your breath ????

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

The dude on the right must really be on the bones of his ar*e with no socks on .. 

A fashion fad in recent years. It just looks weird when wearing semi-formal or formal attire.  Especially when it is inevitably combined with raising your trouser hem 3 inches shorter than usual.

To each their own...