Would you consider the Philippines

How good the food In the Philippines is? ????????????????????????. Yeah ya got a keeper there. That's why there is such  a proliferation of Philippino takeaway joints worldwide. Thier cuisine is so highly rated lol. Outside of sisig they have like 2 national dishes the food is <deleted> house. 

The answer to your other question is NO

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

People are lovely.

Food is sh*"e.

UK has a reciprocating agreement with regard to pensions.

I do not feel safe in the Philippines.

Most things are cheaper in the Philippines.

The girls are on average fatter than Thai girls.

Most Filipinos speak some English.

The poverty is heartbreaking, especially child poverty.

Exactly the reason I left. Landing in Manila and driving past all that abject poverty used to depress the <deleted> out of me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, starky said:

Exactly the reason I left. Landing in Manila and driving past all that abject poverty used to depress the <deleted> out of me. 

i used to walk through the barrio to the bus station, never bothered me, they were all polite and seemed happy enough. never any problems.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

i used to walk through the barrio to the bus station, never bothered me, they were all polite and seemed happy enough. never any problems.

Where did is say I had problems?. I said I found it depressing I lived there for 2 years my issue is unlike Thailand where the vast majority of even the poorest people are looked after in some respect. Seeing all those people in the pines living in carbord boxes and tin shanties and eating out of garbage bins,I thought personally was depressing I got no issue strolling through barrios

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

Just now, starky said:

Where did is say I had problems?. I said I found it depressing I lived there for 2 years my issue is unlike Thailand where the vast majority of even the poorest people are looked after in some respect. Seeing all those people in the pines living in carbord boxes and tin shanties and eating out of garbage bins,I thought personally was depressing I got no issue strolling through barrios

why worry about stuff that isn't your problem

do you stay awake at night thinking of the starving people in Africa and India?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

If the Philippines are so good why does your lady not live there? 

Maybe because of the money that she can make in aus ?? I think if she can make the same amount of money in the phillipines she wouldn't have been in aus . 

15 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

People are lovely.

Food is sh*"e.

UK has a reciprocating agreement with regard to pensions.

I do not feel safe in the Philippines.

Most things are cheaper in the Philippines.

The girls are on average fatter than Thai girls.

Most Filipinos speak some English.

The poverty is heartbreaking, especially child poverty.

• Like 2

Each country has different setup and its basically you like it or not.

I am type of person who like changing places and countries for no reason.

If country has  visible culture--past and present like Italy, Nepal and, maybe, Japan its one story. But neither Thailand or Philippines has any appeal to me

and they remind me US--looks good, you can make living, have some freedoms but culture is missing.

Yes, you should have clear understanding what you want.

• Like 1

i prefer using a big city as my HQ.  bangkok, saigon, manila, etc...  then take side trips elsewhere in the country or region when i need a break.  bonafacio global city (aka fort bonafacio) is a great HQ in manila.  if i wasn't living in bkk, i would live there for sure.  everything is walking distance, you don't need a car.  it is all new development (say, last 10-15 yrs or less).  many restaurants that cover any/all cuisine.  all sorts of lodging choices, you can go cheap or mid or luxury.  about 15-45 minutes from the airport depending on traffic.  high street pedestrian mall is the centerpiece of the area.  nice place.  in my opinion, everywhere else in the PI requires a car or some type of transport and i don't enjoy the roads in the PI (or thailand).

1 hour ago, buick said:

i prefer using a big city as my HQ.  bangkok, saigon, manila, etc...  then take side trips elsewhere in the country or region when i need a break.  bonafacio global city (aka fort bonafacio) is a great HQ in manila.  if i wasn't living in bkk, i would live there for sure.  everything is walking distance, you don't need a car.  it is all new development (say, last 10-15 yrs or less).  many restaurants that cover any/all cuisine.  all sorts of lodging choices, you can go cheap or mid or luxury.  about 15-45 minutes from the airport depending on traffic.  high street pedestrian mall is the centerpiece of the area.  nice place.  in my opinion, everywhere else in the PI requires a car or some type of transport and i don't enjoy the roads in the PI (or thailand).

Interesting. I'm assuming being in Manila metro that it's still quite polluted there, yes?
Not needing a car or bike is a top priority for me anywhere I would want to move. I don't think that I agree that that such places are that rare in the Philippines.

• Haha 1

Same s you marry the girl be prepared to support the family which wears thin over time because you will end up in poverty yourself.Food rubbish,dangerous as life is cheap.At first you feel a friendly environment but like Thailand it is all fake.Money you have money they want both countries the same.You can kid yourself how friendly the people are but if you have a brain you will work it out No money no honey remember that saying because it is 100% spot on. I tried both and from experience found both sneaky.slimmy.cheats,dishonest and the smiles fake.People tell you all this but you need to experience for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@ 25 years ago I’d spent some time in Manila on sales calls

aerospace... Didn’t really feel safe most the time. One trip

my boss and Rep. met me in Manila. 

Went golfing Boss fell in love with the lady at the driving range... strange a kid would sit and tee up your driving range

ball putting it on a dirt mound and some dirt in her palm.

when we entered the golf course their were armed guards

with M16.. maybe where I got the not safe feeling.. 

Ended up Boss said he’d by dinner and the lady said ok and 

we went to grocery store and then to what looked like a two

car garage.

Note the rep made calls in the Philippines monthly. He was from Singapore dark skinned as long as He didn’t talk would think a Filipino.. He told me this is not a good idea.. but boss

had to go... probably 10 people lived in the garage had rats running around the rafters. The rep. bought a bottle of whisky 

a knocked out..

we ate then left.. I asked the boss <deleted>?... he was book smart but so logical or street.. 

anyway i didn’t really enjoy it enough to live there...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting. I'm assuming being in Manila metro that it's still quite polluted there, yes?
Not needing a car or bike is a top priority for me anywhere I would want to move. I don't think that I agree that that such places are that rare in the Philippines.

not like bk or cm, the air there has never made me choke.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always enjoyed Barretto, Olongapo,

NIce beach resort with a load of bars and resorts catering to foreigners, you could even buy Aussie meat pies. Didn't even need a VISA, you could turn up and stay for 3 years, many Australians and business managed/owned by Australians.

Baloy Long Beach was my favourite place to hang out, clear, clean water, beautiful sand.

IMG_20161112_113716_PANO (1).jpg

I'd say it's a good place for a newbie to start. You have everything there, clubs, good food. Loved eating at Mangoes, Blue Rock is nice. At the old Subic base in Olongapo you have a store with everything a foreigner would want.

12 hours ago, starky said:

What is barrios? Did I miss something?

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What is barrios? Did I miss something?

Barrios are neighbourhoods in the Philo or sub divisions of municipalities. You have barangay and barrio similar to meuang or baan in Thailand. 

Barrio generally but not always infers a more negative connotation as compared to barangay. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

Philippines?  No way!  Not a chance.

A lot of people have mentioned Mexico.  Too much illegal drug issues in Mexico.  Somewhat safe in big tourist areas like PV, Cabo, and Cancun.  I would never drive from PV to Cabo even though they are not that far apart on the Baja.  Too dangerous from being attacked by gangs which are out of control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

There is no divorce there if you get married in -country so better to marry in your own country in case you need to divorce later.

yes ex from 25+ yrs ago tried that technicality on me...   I'd thought I would do a good thing by her'n'family to be surrounded by hers when Signing Up. Only took 9 months for to thankfully be seeing the last of her fleeing back to PI, with her looking over her back to see if the cops were closing in on her... 

But anyway the last words she spoke were Not 'sorry' but that " you me always married no can divorce it not allowed happen" Well, little will she ever know that back in falangland the Divorce Court accepted she was back somewhere never contactable... 

b

Bottom line is that She can Not ReMarry; but You Can, when you get back Home!! 

In her case, well she can not marry another farang victim, because she does not know she's been Divorced ( for 20+ years now) (I've hopefully since saved another foreigner victim his skin?)

• Like 1