Can anyone clarify the "Volunteer Visa"?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A work permit is no longer required for volunteer work.

I think that's a lot to do with why volunteer visa has all of a sudden become the visa de jour for under 50, backpackers, digital nomads etc.

I literally get 3-4 advertisements a day, facebook, LINE etc

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

When you bribe someone to get a visa which you don't deserve, you will make it more difficult for proper volunteers to get a visa in the future because they will become more strict.

You don't "deserve" a visa, even if you go through the official channels. I am quite comfortable with the "Tea money/brown envelope" method of qualifying. The price needs to be more affordable. Many of us did not move here because we are multi-millionaires. The tendency to see bribes as some kind of "moral" issue is baffling.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

You don't "deserve" a visa, even if you go through the official channels. I am quite comfortable with the "Tea money/brown envelope" method of qualifying. The price needs to be more affordable. Many of us did not move here because we are multi-millionaires. The tendency to see bribes as some kind of "moral" issue is baffling.

The price isn't bad. It's expensive for the first year as you need to pay for the initial 3 month visa, then you need to pay for the 12 month extension. After the first year, then you only need to pay for the yearly extension. Each agent prices differently, but you might get lucky at an IO... It's worth asking what other 'options' there are, especially if you have a wife or gf as they can do all the talking with the IO. Cutting out the middle men makes it cheaper!

Flame posts and responses removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, Peterw42 said:

Would that be the case ? Given that a volunteer visa is linked to an organisation and the location of the organisation, I imagine there would be dramas if you had a visa to volunteer in a pattaya orphanage and started doing 90 day reports in phuket

Your non o (volunteering) and extension would most likely not be issued in Pattaya. The stamps would be issued from another province. 

You would then do a TM30 to change address. There after file your 90 reports as required.

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, Peterw42 said:

That just sounds even more bogus than the situation already is. How are they doing 90 day reports without your passport, what happens when you need a resident cert etc.

Residence sert. Done by the same agent at the same imm. office . Don't know what you'r prevering to . 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Residence sert. Done by the same agent at the same imm. office . Don't know what you'r prevering to . 

As I said, its more bogus stuff on top of already bogus situation

A lot of the time a Res Cert is to prove a local address, not much use getting one that says you live elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:55 AM, Nickelbeer said:

The tendency to see bribes as some kind of "moral" issue is baffling.

Who is it baffling?  The immorals, maybe?

Edited by PGSan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SS1 said:

You can't really blame the individuals for simply using the visa options that are made available to them. It's a system created by Thai immigration with a lack of a "correct" visa type for a large segment of non-retired single people wishing to stay more than a year. 

Selfishness, unfortunately is not a crime. 

The dodgy visas are obviously not created by immigration, rather rogue officers working on their own.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How do you feel about illegal immigrants in your own country? 

I wish the western world would be more like Thailand. Enforce border control and detention. Not hand out PR and passports, free housing and social benefits.

On the other hand: If they had a valid temporary visa, were self sufficient and contributing to society i would welcome them. Even if they were under 50 and used an agent..

I find it strange its so difficult to get visas, residency etc. in most 3rd world countries with no welfare systems. Where there is nothing to gain. While its relatively easy in the west if you are lucky enough to get your foot in. Should be the other way around?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Please be careful, and share the information publicly.

In the past there has been a lot of scams related to visa services.

Make sure the business has a real physical address, as well as a positive history for offering such services.

I will not share any information !

And the only scam I have found until now is your clearly overpriced service !

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

I will not share any information !

And the only scam I have found until now is your clearly overpriced service !

Our services are very competitive, and you seem to be making things up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MajorTom said:

I wish the western world would be more like Thailand. Enforce border control and detention. Not hand out PR and passports, free housing and social benefits.

On the other hand: If they had a valid temporary visa, were self sufficient and contributing to society i would welcome them. Even if they were under 50 and used an agent.

I agree that the UK should be more like Thailand in some respects. 

I'm a bit confused, you say in one post that you are on a volunteer visa.

Do you wish that people who don't qualify for a visa in your country are able to bypass the regulations by using corrupt police? 

Apologies if you are actually a legitimate volunteer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

As I said, its more bogus stuff on top of already bogus situation

A lot of the time a Res Cert is to prove a local address, not much use getting one that says you live elsewhere. 

The as you said part i get , after that you lost me .