Bangkok and suburbs could be declared Red zones as Thonglor COVID cluster threatens to get out of control

webfact

42 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

I guess even more people will leave Bangkok at Songkran now, potentially spreading the virus quicker and further afield. We are going to have to, at some point,, learn to live with this virus. Once the vaccine program is established (as it is for flu) then we can live with it the same as we do with flu. 

I didn't know there was a blue moon coming.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Why wait? It's been evident for some time that they were struggling to keep the virus contained in the Bangkok area, the sooner you lock down the easier it is to deal with the situation and the sooner you can reopen again.

Locking down doesn't help, unless it's a Wuhan-style total lockdown.  

• Like 2

Seems a bit strange.

Just in time of next public holiday week, a new cluster found and closing venues.

I was told that a few international schools also have covid cases. Haven't read this in the news.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Seems a bit strange.

Just in time of next public holiday week, a new cluster found and closing venues.

I was told that a few international schools also have covid cases. Haven't read this in the news.

St. Andrews International primary school campus on Sukhumvit 71 is closed as a precaution as 2 parents (not children) have tested positive. Direct information from the school (my son goes to the high school campus at Ekamai, which is still open until Friday when the current term ends).

My girlfriend told me she saw it on the Thai news yesterday also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Meanwhile the loonies running the country are allowing people to travel the length and breadth of the country, carrying the virus with them, absolutely bloody ridiculous.

And are about to let in a bunch of other people on reduced precautions from countries where the covid situation is out of control.

Freaking great! What next? First Philippines Airlines cancels our April 7th flight from Manila to Bangkok, get put on a waiting list for the 14th and still no seats and they cancel 100s more flights. Thank God we found 2 business class seats left on a Thai Airlines repatriation flight on the 22nd. Coach was packed full. We had to change many reservations, transportation bookings, COE date, ASQ date and on and on and on... Now just so happens our ASQ is in Thonglor out of all places in Bangkok! I pray this doesn't screw us up again! Just when we went from 15 days ASQ to 11. Getting a 10,000 baht refund and were going to be able to get outside food delivered... I bet that perk is yanked now... When it rains it pours.... But I will persevere. Anything to get me out of the PI to Thailand... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The logical sequence in a pandemic is :

1. establish some form of virus control through distancing, testing, tracing, masks, lockdowns and the like, all while finding a vaccine. 

2.  once a vaccine is found, vaccinate up to herd immunity ASAP.

3. repeal the social measures established in 1. above.

carrying out step 3 before step 2 inevitably leads to outbreaks as sure as having unprotected sex leads to pregnancies.

I don’t know why government after government spends as much time if not more working on relaxing step 1 measures, as they do working on implementing step 2. It just leads to a loop of restrictions, relaxation, more restrictions. The vaccine is the key, it’s all I want to hear about. Everything else is just noise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mises said:

Same failed script as UK, France, Germany etc. None of which worked.  How about trying the script of Sweden or Florida?

Why? Did the script in Sweden and Florida work so well? Most news reports suggest the opposite imho. Too many reports to link here in fact

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, David T Pike said:

we found 2 business class seats left on a Thai Airlines repatriation flight

You are a Thai citizen? 

37 minutes ago, David T Pike said:

Anything to get me out of the PI to Thailand... ????

Repatriation flights and ASQ in Thailand started over 5 months ago

Good luck, at least the ASQ is down to 10 days now

• Like 1