More COVID cases in Surat Thani?

15 minutes ago, khunPer said:

In my modest view, it would in that case make more sense to compare to Phuket than Pattaya...????

Officially you both can serve alcohol.

Pattaya with the third lowest infection rates in Thailand can't.

This opening up starategy is totally fuvked up.

Pattaya can't sell alcohol but it's OK to have a music festival cramming in 8000 people at a place is OK.

People like me gather at a secret foodcourt where 1000's ppl gather with 7-11 booze. 

Edited by PoorSucker
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Compared to population and density Samui and Phangan should have 1-2 cases.

No, you cant compare based on population.

Example: Black Club Samui,  more than 100 cases after 1 infected Bangkok girl traveled to party in the club. Clusters of infected is not directly related to population.

There were 0 cases in Samui around 10-12 days ago and I did not see you comparing then..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

28th November

Samui +69 new cases
Phangan +14 new cases
Koh Tao, no new cases

Source: Kosamuilife.com and Kohmui.com

That is 230 cases in a week now for Samui. A fairly significant number given the size of the population. Where I live we only have 200 cases a day in a population of 8 million with 93% of adult population fully vaccinated only the unvaccinated are restricted in their activities. 

12 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

That is 230 cases in a week now for Samui. A fairly significant number given the size of the population. Where I live we only have 200 cases a day in a population of 8 million with 93% of adult population fully vaccinated only the unvaccinated are restricted in their activities. 

My understanding is that most of these cases are from school clusters. It is making the authorities/schools do more PCR tests. Hence more positive cases.

One parent told me that one of the schools will probably be closed until next year.

I have no idea how many of these cases are asymptomatic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

My understanding is that most of these cases are from school clusters.

From an email I received earlier today...'with Panyadee having almost 70 positive cases and Windfield almost 50 cases so far.'...Windfield is the French school in Lamai BTW

• Like 1

3rd December

Samui +10 new cases 
Phangan +10 new cases
Koh Tao, no data

Source: Kohmui.com

Koh Samui: Bophut 16, Maenam 4.

4th December

Samui +13 new cases 
Phangan +13 new cases
Koh Tao, no data

Koh Samui: Bophut 4, Maenam 5, Ang Thong 4.

7th December

Samui +11 new cases 
Phangan +14 new cases
Koh Tao, no data

One inbound air passenger tested positive with Covid-19 yesterday December 6th, the first case since the 1st November reopening.

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

7th December

Samui +11 new cases 
Phangan +14 new cases
Koh Tao, no data

One inbound air passenger tested positive with Covid-19 yesterday December 6th, the first case since the 1st November reopening.

So up till now all infections have been indigenous to Thailand?

_

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

So up till now all infections have been indigenous to Thailand?

_

The post you refers to says "...since the 1st November reopening", which is what the the source says.

I remember that some of the first cases on Samui were among incoming French people.

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

The post you refers to says "...since the 1st November reopening", which is what the the source says.

I remember that some of the first cases on Samui were among incoming French people.

It's not their nationality that is of concern...its where they are coming from. Cases are increasing. Are they brought in by people living in Thailand or tourists coming from abroad?

Edited by kwilco