Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

13 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Has he ever been rejected? I thought he just didn't meet the criteria? 

the time is applied in the same time he was also critic for Thai Govt officials.
double standard ETC,
it might be a reason for his rejection.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, david143 said:

the time is applied in the same time he was also critic for Thai Govt officials.
double standard ETC,
it might be a reason for his rejection.

I don't remember Richard Barrow being a direct critic of government officials but recall he had trouble renewing his visa soon after he started the 2 Prices Thailand FB page. This could be considered indirect criticism of government policy because government departments such as the Fine Arts Department and the National Parks enthusiastically practice racial discrimination over pricing.  However, the reality is that Barrow's suggestions in this area are intended to benefit Thai tourism long-term by removing an ugly practice which is extremely harmful to the image of Thai tourism and raises insignificant incremental revenue that, in all probability, is largely misused or downright misappropriated. Indeed the head of TAT acknowledged the criticism of dual pricing last year and vowed to do something about it, although he seems to have busy with other things since then.  Avoiding this type of discrimination, even if we have gone to the trouble to get PR, is one of the reasons that we go the extra mile to become citizens, although, I for one, still avoid national parks due to the bitter memories of being overcharged in them as a foreigner.

It has been pointed out that I got Mr Barrow's details wrong when I said he was denied a visa after he was sacked from a university international course that couldn't get students due to COVID, having coincidentally criticised the government in an article.  I was confusing him with David Streckfuss in Khon Kaen, who, I believe, eventually got his visa sorted out.  I apologise to Mr Barrow, if he reads this thread.

2 hours ago, Arkady said:

I don't remember Richard Barrow being a direct critic of government officials

While I respect his bravery here, it was rather short-sighted when he was thinking of becoming a Thai PR or Citizen. 

2 hours ago, Arkady said:

National Parks enthusiastically practice racial discrimination over pricing

I believe it is local discount, which to be fair, happens in many countries. For example, I was charged 5,000 baht more in a Melbourne golf course than an Australian friend from another Australian state. 

I don't think it is racial, but xenophobic. It would be racist if I was charged more, due to my colour, when producing my ID card, but I've never heard of this happening. 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I believe it is local discount, which to be fair, happens in many countries. For example, I was charged 5,000 baht more in a Melbourne golf course than an Australian friend from another Australian state. 

I don't think it is racial, but xenophobic. It would be racist if I was charged more, due to my colour, when producing my ID card, but I've never heard of this happening. 

Maybe just xenophobic but given the erstwhile dependence on foreign tourism and the bad will it creates with foreign tourists, I don't see it as a very constructive policy for Thai tourism. The sneaky way they do it by putting the Thai prices in Thai numerals also creates more resentment. Thailand also provides no local discount for foreign PRs which many countries that practice dual pricing do.

But anyway we are all citizens or on the way.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, david143 said:

Brother same here .

Hi David143 & all brothers waiting for RG, GREAT NEWS.

RG publication has come tonight. Total 42 people got Thai citizenship. It was signed by the Interior Minister on 21st June, 2021.

????????????

????????????

4 hours ago, sinthavee said:

RG publication has come tonight. Total 42 people got Thai citizenship. It was signed by the Interior Minister on 21st June, 2021.

????????????

????????????

Congrats to all! Link?

4 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

Congrats, dear friend! Well deserved.

Any idea which oath months are included in the list?

Thanks for you to inform and August 2020 OATH and Interview MOI December 2019

8 hours ago, sinthavee said:

????????????

????????????

im on page 1 thanks

5 minutes ago, david143 said:

i am also on Page 1
Congrag brother we both wait for almost complete 1 year

congratulations this was a long wait and the hardest for me as i was expecting it to be shorter. 

42 a year isnt many 

if you guys have notice the new Subject for Thai Nationality

ประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง พระราชทานพระบรมราชานุญาตให้แปลงสัญชาติเป็นไทย [จำนวน ๔๒ ราย ๑. นายเฟรเดริค ฟาฟร์ ฯลฯ]
Announcement of the Ministry of Interior regarding the royal permission for naturalization as a Thai [42 cases

Before
ประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การได้สัญชาติไทย [จำนวน ๔๔ ราย ๑. นายชิง เชง ซิน ฯลฯ]
Announcement of the Ministry of Interior regarding obtaining Thai nationality

พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวได้ทรงพระกรุณาโปรดเกล้าโปรดกระหม่อมพระราชทาน
พระบรมราชานุญาต  และผู้ยื่นเรื่องราวได้ปฏิญาณตนตามกฎหมายแล้ว
จึงประกาศให้ทราบทั่วกันว่า  ผู้ที่กล่าวชื่อมาแล้วนั้นได้รับพระราชทานพระบรมราชานุญาต   
ให้แปลงสัญชาติเป็นไทยแล้ว
His Majesty the King has graciously bestowed royal permission and the person submitting the petition has vowed according to the law Therefore, it was announced to the general public that Those who have already mentioned their names have been granted royal permission. to be converted to Thai nationality .

ประกาศ วันที่ 21 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. ๒๕4
พลเอก อนุพงษ์ เผ่าจินดา
รัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงมหาดไทย
Announced on the 21st day of June B.E. 2121 General Anupong Paochinda
Minister of the Interior

Wow, nice piece of news to go with coffee this morning. 

Jan'20 MOI / Aug'20 Oath batch here so apparently Nov-Dec'19 & Jan-Feb'20 MOI batch in this latest RG? 

Congrats to all on this latest list, and to all still in the process, I'm sure your time will come soon. 

My timeline as follow:-

Applied June'18

NSB Interview July'18

MOI Jan'20

Oath Aug'20

RG Aug'21

To those still in midst of process, your time will come soon!

2 minutes ago, kst said:

Wow, nice piece of news to go with coffee this morning. 

Jan'20 MOI / Aug'20 Oath batch here so apparently Nov-Dec'19 & Jan-Feb'20 MOI batch in this latest RG? 

Congrats to all on this latest list, and to all still in the process, I'm sure your time will come soon. 

My timeline as follow:-

Applied June'18

NSB Interview July'18

MOI Jan'20

Oath Aug'20

RG Aug'21

To those still in midst of process, your time will come soon!

Congrag Brother
Yeah Brother this is Latest RG with 42 Candidates , after 17 November 2020

My timeline as follow too

Applied March 2018

NIA Interview  April 18

MOI Interview December 2019

Oath August 2020

RG August 2021

Just now, Neeranam said:

Wonderful news, you had a long wait! 

Congratulations on becoming Thai citizens, Khun David, Khun Yankee, Khun Kst, and others. ???? 

Neeraman Brother Thank you so mych and stay Safe.

Archived