Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

11 minutes ago, qualtrough said:

I don't have a suit anymore, and I can't even go out and buy one right now if I tried. But I have a blue blazer with gray slacks. Will that cause a stir?

That's fine, I had a dark green blazer and dark trousers. 

31 minutes ago, sinthavee said:

Yesterday I had shared a VDO of oath taking from “Youtube”. I think all those who will be taking oath this week will have similar wording accept any small changes for Christian oath & also the Nationality approval clause could be different for different persons(married to a thai national/based on PR etc).

Thai transcription (Thanks to my Thai friend) of the VDO is given below for all those who are interested.Oath portion is given within the quotation marks.. You may highlight it & use “ speak” capability of smart phone to listen & practice. If you want to understand the meaning in English, use Google translation.

All the best.

Neeraman brother, 

You might be interested in this transcript.

ข้าพระพุทธเจ้า ราษฎรที่ได้อนุมัติสัญชาติไทย ตามมาตรา 7 ทวิ วรรค 2 ขอให้คำปฏิญาณตนว่า " ข้าพเจ้า จะจงรักภักดี ต่อชาติ ศาสนา และ พระมหากษัตริย์ จะอุทิศตน และเสียสละชีวิต เพื่อปกป้องอธิปไตยของชาติไทย มีความเคารพ และ ปฏิบัติตามหลักกฎหมายและนโยบายของรัฐบาลไทย จะประกอบอาชีพโดยสุจริต ช่วยเหลือแบ่งปันแก่เพื่อนมนุษย์ จะดำรงตนตามหลักครรลองครองธรรม และยึดหลักการดำเนินชีวิตอย่างพอเพียง จะไม่ยุ่งเกี่ยวกับยาเสพติด และสิ่งผิดกฎหมาย ทุกอย่างโดยเด็ดขาด จะช่วยเหลืองานราชการ ช่วยเหลือสังคมและชุมชน เต็มกำลังความสามารถ จะประพฤติตนเป็นคนดีตามหลักคำสอนศาสนา และตามแนวทางพระบรมราโชวาทตลอดไป"

Thanks, that is the video I also found when searching. 

Maybe the same but the one I did was quite a bit longer with some longer words. . 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sinthavee said:

Yesterday I had shared a VDO of oath taking from “Youtube”. I think all those who will be taking oath this week will have similar wording accept any small changes for Christian oath & also the Nationality approval clause could be different for different persons(married to a thai national/based on PR etc).

Thai transcription (Thanks to my Thai friend) of the VDO is given below for all those who are interested.Oath portion is given within the quotation marks.. You may highlight it & use “ speak” capability of smart phone to listen & practice. If you want to understand the meaning in English, use Google translation.

All the best.

Neeraman brother, 

ข้าพระพุทธเจ้า ราษฎรที่ได้อนุมัติสัญชาติไทย ตามมาตรา 7 ทวิ วรรค 2 ขอให้คำปฏิญาณตนว่า " ข้าพเจ้า จะจงรักภักดี ต่อชาติ ศาสนา และ พระมหากษัตริย์ จะอุทิศตน และเสียสละชีวิต เพื่อปกป้องอธิปไตยของชาติไทย มีความเคารพ และ ปฏิบัติตามหลักกฎหมายและนโยบายของรัฐบาลไทย จะประกอบอาชีพโดยสุจริต ช่วยเหลือแบ่งปันแก่เพื่อนมนุษย์ จะดำรงตนตามหลักครรลองครองธรรม และยึดหลักการดำเนินชีวิตอย่างพอเพียง จะไม่ยุ่งเกี่ยวกับยาเสพติด และสิ่งผิดกฎหมาย ทุกอย่างโดยเด็ดขาด จะช่วยเหลืองานราชการ ช่วยเหลือสังคมและชุมชน เต็มกำลังความสามารถ จะประพฤติตนเป็นคนดีตามหลักคำสอนศาสนา และตามแนวทางพระบรมราโชวาทตลอดไป"

Thanks for this, you just saved me a lot of work! ????

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Reading about Thailand's gold medal in taekwondo, I see the coach expects to be Thai by September. Another one waiting for the RG? 

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=312711

Does the category "expert" exist, in addition to the categories "married" and "business"? I think for PR there is such a category if I am not mistaken.

If he was asked to apply for Thai citizenship, as the article says, it might be easier for him, but of course that depends on who asked him. Just thinking.

3 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

Does the category "expert" exist, in addition to the categories "married" and "business"? I think for PR there is such a category if I am not mistaken.

If he was asked to apply for Thai citizenship, as the article says, it might be easier for him, but of course that depends on who asked him. Just thinking.

it will be a honorary citizenship , even if few docs are not completed,  just like Badminton Coach who got Thai citizenship , it was straight came out from PM office Recommendations after that Thai player straight go to PM office, off course he has to go through the Verification process, but for coach it will more faster then us. 
MP MOI already ask coach, once you back from Japan, contact National Police Headquarters along with documents, and coach has much support from Thais, all TV channels saying he suppose to get in a week, some said why Thai Govt so slow for these types of People who bring Thailand name in News in positive ways.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, david143 said:

it will be a honorary citizenship , even if few docs are not completed,  just like Badminton Coach who got Thai citizenship , it was straight came out from PM office Recommendations after that Thai player straight go to PM office, off course he has to go through the Verification process, but for coach it will more faster then us. 
MP MOI already ask coach, once you back from Japan, contact National Police Headquarters along with documents, and coach has much support from Thais, all TV channels saying he suppose to get in a week, some said why Thai Govt so slow for these types of People who bring Thailand name in News in positive ways.

I see, thanks.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:13 PM, sinthavee said:

All the best.

Neeraman brother, 

Well done for finding the video and transcribing it. I am sure that is very similar to the one we do at SB.  It's great to be able to go through it beforehand to feel confident of doing it without stumbling.  I looked for the wording before my oath but couldn't find anything.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, qualtrough said:

Thanks. I just thought it would be nice for the wife to witness it, but it's not a deal breaker.

By link I meant a link to any detailed description of what takes place. Is there a copy of the oath in Thai so I can practice it?

I was nervous (for no reason) and absolutely butchered yhe oath language. It seemed like much more formal language than I have ever tried to utter. Bottom line, don’t worry! 

Might want to take a tripod since wife won’t be allowed in. 

Enjoy! Congrats all!

13 hours ago, onthemoon said:

There is no expert category as such but in Section 11, which is the same section we all applied under, there is a provision that gives exemption from the need to have PR and knowledge of the Thai language, just the same as those married to Thais:

11.1  "has rendered distinguished service to Thailand or has done acts to the benefit of official service, which is deemed suitable by the Minister".

I imagine that any application under this provision has to be pre-approved by the minister and, as such, will be fast tracked.

As a Korean, he will have to give up his Korean nationality.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arkady said:

There is no expert category as such but in Section 11, which is the same section we all applied under, there is a provision that gives exemption from the need to have PR and knowledge of the Thai language, just the same as those married to Thais:

11.1  "has rendered distinguished service to Thailand or has done acts to the benefit of official service, which is deemed suitable by the Minister".

I imagine that any application under this provision has to be pre-approved by the minister and, as such, will be fast tracked.

As a Korean, he will have to give up his Korean nationality.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. 

1 minute ago, sinthavee said:

Thank you David143.
I took my oath today morning. I was too early, at SB(As I was travelling from Rayong, I had started early considering any delays entire) by 9:10 AM, instead of 11AM. I was administered the oath & was out of SB at9:40AM. Photo/VDO by our own phone/camera is not allowed. SB takes 2 photos & share the same by line. 

Congrag brother,
Happy for you everyone who reached to this point now.
Good luck Brother

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, qualtrough said:

I had a 14:00 appt, but arrived at 12:30 and let them know I was there. They called me at 1pm for the oath. Faced the portrait of the King and then repeated the oath with a hand on the bible they provided, as it was said to me line by line. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo with a jacket, so I was told I could bring those later. I didn't want to risk slowing things down, so I immediately went to Siam Square and found one of the only photos places remaining open and had a new batch taken. I returned and dropped four of those off.

I didn't see anyone take any photo or VDO of me doing the oath.

Because of Covid provisions, I didn't get to meet anyone else. 

I was told by both the person admistering the oath and my case officer than in 3-4 months they will contact me to get the document necessary to get an ID card. I saw here that someone has been waiting a year for that, so I wonder if they are being wildly optimistic?

Thanks again for all who provided advice along the way! 

Me and yankee Took oath on 24 august 2020

and we are still waiting for RG.
its 8 months + now.

What could be the real reason for the unusually long delay of RG publication. Probably, too many items to be published are in RG in queue, due to Covid. If we see the RG now a days, too many cases of “ประกาศเจาพนักงานพิทักษทรัพย” (Announcement of the property protection officer) published are seen. Today’s RG has 175 numbers of such announcements.

However, inserting one or two notifications on new Thai citizen approvals should not be difficult.

It is difficult to understand how Covid might be delaying RG publication.

Hope, both the batch long awaited RG publications come out at the earliest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Congrats @qualtroughand @sinthavee???? the fact that you had the oath not too long after MOI interview during Covid is not a bad sign for RG... at some point they have to be published or the queue gets unmanageable. 

Thanks. So far so good. It is a relief to be at the end of the process, and a very big relief to know that the King has signed off on the application as well. Hoping for the best. I just renewed my annual visa and WP, so anything under a year would be nice as I would like to avoid having to do that again. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Congrats @qualtroughand @sinthavee???? the fact that you had the oath not too long after MOI interview during Covid is not a bad sign for RG... at some point they have to be published or the queue gets unmanageable. 

Thank you Heiri007. For me the oath was 10 months from the BORA interview(21st Sep 2020), which is with in the 8-10 months time frame normally taken. Now we are one more step closer to the Thai ID card.

Look forward to see the RG publications of the Aug 2020 (11 months since oath) & Apr 2021 (3 months since oath) batches, coming out ASAP.