Thailand reports 1,767 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths

webfact

34 minutes ago, Parkender said:

OK, so there have been 42,352 reported Covid infections in the 14 months since February 15, 2020 and you are saying it is reasonable to assume that almost a third of them still remain in hospital. By way of comparison, take the UK where there have been 4,385,938 cases during the same period. There are currently 2,186 Covid patients in hosptal in the UK, yet we are told there are more than 13,500 in hospital in Thailand. That makes sense to you?

Your forgetting about the Asymptpmatic cases that are hospitalized as well.  You have to also remember Samut Sakhon folks  too.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

A 2% rise some here will call "exponential,"...they won't be happy until the entire country is in complete lockdown again. If in the next week to ten days, cases rise to the 2000-3000 range and then fall back to the low hundreds, it would be a major success, considering all the travel and socializing that occurred over Songkran. 

Given the speed at which this variant has spread elsewhere in the world, that's a really big and highly doubtful *If. Appears the genie has escaped the bottle.

8 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

So much for the claim that they were artificially limiting the cases to 1500 or just above.

Mind you the same kind of claim was made when the figures hovered just under 1,000 a day for a couple of days and it quite evidently wasn't true then, either.

To be precise, the claim was that testing was limiting reported cases. That may still be true. I’d say, only 10,000 tests are administered daily, the numbers of new infections is going to be lower than if 100,000 tests are administered.

1 minute ago, Fujionrye said:

Given the speed at which this variant has spread elsewhere in the world, that's a really big and highly doubtful *If. Appears the genie has escaped the bottle.

We can only wait and see (and practice safety measures).

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Read an article that pinned a lot on interferon......this is produced by your body (as I understand it) to kick start the body's immune system into action........too little and it's too late....the virus gets a good run at you......too much and your own immune system goes crazy and attacks 'you'.......as might be able to tell...not an expert.

It’s called a cytokine storm - the immune system over reacts to an infection and the victim effectively drowns as their lungs are filled with fluid. That’s why the Spanish Flu killed so many young people.

Covid-19 is mutating into a new form that attacks young people, similar to the Spanish Flu. Those with healthy immune systems may be at greater risk now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parkender said:

Something doesn't add up. A total of 13,430 people in Thailand tested positive for Covid-19 between March 17 and April 18, yet 13,568 supposedly remain in hospital receiving treatment. Assuming that not everyone tested since March 17 is still receiving hospital treatment, I can only assume there are many unreported cases.

Your biggest error may be that nearly 12,000 have been admitted in the last 10 days since April 8.  Few of these have left. No one leaves, even asymptomatic, without testing negative twice in a row. Thai hospital figures include everyone who tested positive, a bit like a quarantine.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Because  a lot of people don’t wanna recognize such a good job Thailand  has been doing keeping them safe

There have to be some other reasons too. As a matter of fact, Thailand didn't do much more than other countries did. Many countries had more strict lockdowns, more vaccines, better hospitals, etc. What did Thailand do other than banning alcohol when it was a flare-up in cases. Last year when the virus was new, yes they had a curfew, but after that, life was pretty much normal here. Other than checking temps and wearing masks (only inside) I can't recall anything special which Thailand did.  And yet, we have low case numbers. (these low numbers can be due to lack of testing or under-reporting of course) but fatalities which you mentioned can't be swept under the carpet in thousands.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Reported conspiracy post and subsequent replies removed.

Off: Congrats to the mods here. ???? 

I had a chance to read this idiot flat earther's conteos. Jesus some people are just really stupid. 

On: All I'm saying is Thailand is doing waaaay better without doing anything special than many others. Maybe they have special antiviral chemtrails ???? If they can keep the mortality rate low during this new outbreak I have to admit that they do something extraordinary, but I still don't know what would that be. ????

Edited by BookShe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaamBaht said:

Less than a hundred people died from this virus all last year in Thailand. 2000 road deaths in the first six week of this year. Can someone please tell me why the government is freaking out? 

Road deaths don't lead to a shortage of hospital beds for a start.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SaamBaht said:

Less than a hundred people died from this virus all last year in Thailand. 2000 road deaths in the first six week of this year. Can someone please tell me why the government is freaking out? 

Stop comparing road deaths, its not similar.  Yes many die in crashes, but this government as well as prior governments don't really seem to totally care. Do accidents keep tourists from coming here, well do they? Don't try and label it as a conspiracy please. Hospital beds don't fill up from accidents either nor are field hospitals needed 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Certainly seems not many people obeying the restrictions in Pattaya.

More massage shops opened then closed, people drinking beer hidden in the dark at the back of the bar or even in the bar right on the street.

Thing is, close bars, stop alcohol in restaurants, where are people going to go? Gather at condos/villas to drink, no controls and as discovered in the UK, people's houses with friends best vector for virus next to work places.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Stop comparing road deaths, its not similar.  Yes many die in crashes, but this government as well as prior governments don't really seem to totally care. Do accidents keep tourists from coming here, well do they? Don't try and label it as a conspiracy please.

I don't think we should be throwing the conspiracy theory charge at anyone who asks a question. There are lots of different ways of looking at this pandemic. There's no good side of the force and dark side of the force.

1 minute ago, Petey11 said:

Thing is, close bars, stop alcohol in restaurants, where are people going to go? Gather at condos/villas to drink, no controls and as discovered in the UK, people's houses with friends best vector for virus next to work places.

There isn't a lot of evidence that lockdowns actually work. There are peaks and troughs in different parts of the world regardless of how "tough" the restrictions are.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BookShe said:

Let's just keep an eye on fatalities. Number of cases are less important. There can be an order of magnitude more cases undetected. Of course there's a correlation between case numbers and mortality, but it seems to be Thailand was pretty lucky in both terms since the start of this pandemic. ( I have no idea why)

Many deaths are covid related but cause of death is put down to what people are dying of. It looks good for those in charge if deaths recorded as covid deaths are kept very well. I had a friend who died a year ago but his death was recorded as a lung infection, if he was not tested for covid then his death was not due to covid. Thailand the hub of untruths.

• Like 1

I dont believe any number what coverment announce, like today they say one infected in Loei. Call to my better half and she say they announce there 14 case! She is coverment officer and get "valid" data (if Thailand have any accurate data).

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I dont believe any number what coverment announce, like today they say one infected in Loei. Call to my better half and she say they announce there 14 case! She is coverment officer and get "valid" data (if Thailand have any accurate data).

4 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

It’s possible that the official numbers are from the previous day’s count. Or the new infections came later in the day.

See what is officially reported tomorrow.

And see what the province officially reports.

• Like 1