Vaccinating Pattaya

TaaSaparot

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

But was that duration of effectiveness as you claimed? I have not heard much about how long these vaccines protect for... although for AZ and Pfizer in the UK, a booster has been  said to be  needed.

I didn't claim anything.  

Given Sinovac is not so effective, and yes,  I have read the same about booster shots in the UK, by the time Thailand gets the the 45, 500, 000th person fully vaccinated, and it's all good to open borders, I would not be surprised if the first Thai person who was vaccinated will need a booster.  

In other words, with a large population, and a slow vaccination rate, those first to be vaccinated may be unprotected from covid by the time the last person is vaccinated, which may hinder the opening of borders. 

It's the risk Thailand took when they bought cheap.  

26 minutes ago, Leaver said:

didn't claim anything

You said   

Probably has a shorter protection time as well.  

So you don't really know and were guessing......?

Edited by jacko45k

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You said   

So you don't really know and were guessing......?

I doubt the doctors have a definitive answer also.  

It's been deemed to be less effective, so I said it "PROBABLY has a shorter protection time as well."  

Point being, if it does, by the time Thailand fully vaccinates the last person here, it's POSSIBLE the first person is now unprotected, which MAY have an effect on opening borders.  

• Like 1

Just now, Leaver said:

I doubt the doctors have a definitive answer also.

Well the vaccines have all only been in use since the end of last year or later, I would like to think that the double doses are still working good now. Later tests will give us answers, I really don't know if they can predict these things by measuring depleting levels of efficacy or not. 

Important thing is to get Thailand back to normal... and I need to source my jabs here!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Well the vaccines have all only been in use since the end of last year or later, I would like to think that the double doses are still working good now. Later tests will give us answers, I really don't know if they can predict these things by measuring depleting levels of efficacy or not. 

Important thing is to get Thailand back to normal... and I need to source my jabs here!

I wonder if western countries have sourced Sinovac for testing purposes, or the world is relying on Chinese testing data.  

On 5/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, Kerryd said:

Maybe that's the "local" price. Even though I was there with 3 Thai friends, it was obvious I wasn't a "local".

I thought it was expensive. It was 5,900 for the test and 90 baht for the 2 cotton swabs and the little plastic vial they were put into (medical supplies).

I had a COVID-19 test there 15 February prior to surgery, I'm as white as can be and was charged 3,800 Baht so they scammed you ????

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I had a COVID-19 test there 15 February prior to surgery, I'm as white as can be and was charged 3,800 Baht so they scammed you ????

Maybe they scammed you by putting a swab stick up your nose, and after you leave, they throw it in the bin. Cha-Ching.  ????

Of course, such things wouldn't happen in Thailand.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

You obviously haven't had a test. And that was an extremely juvenile and immature response. ????

Correct.  I haven't had a test.  

Can you guarantee the integrity of the testing regime here, especially when 3,800 baht is involved?   No, I didn't think so.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

At a private hospital, yes I think so,

Would that be the same private hospitals that have been ripping off insurance companies for decades?  

I wonder if they would have turned them away back then, if it was 3800 baht a test.  

I have already taken the pebble from your hand.   ????

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

I wonder if they would have turned them away back then, if it was 3800 baht a test

Back then, nearly 14 month ago, I don't believe they were offering Covid tests. 

• Haha 2

Had a Covid test in March at Memorial Pattaya. 3500 baht, results next day and received a negative certificate for travel. It was advertised on the web page then but now the ad has been removed. Looks like they don't test anymore.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:47 AM, Leaver said:

Would that be the same private hospitals that have been ripping off insurance companies for decades?  

That definitely doesn't include the private hospital I had a stay at. The cost to the insurance company was thousands cheaper than what I'd have been charged.

Perhaps the scammed insurance companies were overseas ones.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:14 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps the scammed insurance companies were overseas ones.

Yes.  When tourists need medical attention, and they have travel insurance, prices are multiplied.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm lovin' the social distancing. Makes a mockery of lockdowns and wearing masks IMO.

Just insane!  To be honest, I'm fine with waiting until those lines are not a factor, even if it means waiting until October.  It would be so ironic to get infected with Covid while queuing up for a vaccination ????

They have got to come up with a better solution for vaccination sites!  Perhaps all vaccinations in Pattaya should be in open air sites like sports stadiums, public parks, or even on the beach ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Just insane!  To be honest, I'm fine with waiting until those lines are not a factor, even if it means waiting until October.  It would be so ironic to get infected with Covid while queuing up for a vaccination ????

They have got to come up with a better solution for vaccination sites!  Perhaps all vaccinations in Pattaya should be in open air sites like sports stadiums, public parks, or even on the beach ????

Close off Beach Road for a few days, like they do for festivals and events.  Have 50 tents set up, all well spaced apart.  Have police / army guarding the soi leading down to Beach Road to regulate the numbers. 

Have about 300 staff working shifts in the 50 tents.  Vaccinate all of Pattaya City in no time.  Repeat again in 1 month or 3 months for the second dose.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try reading it again and comprehending the point I was making- I never said they were not wearing masks.

Read it once.... it isn't making a mockery out of wearing masks as you posted.....

It is your responsibility to get your point across.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:51 PM, Leaver said:

Close off Beach Road for a few days, like they do for festivals and events.  Have 50 tents set up, all well spaced apart.  Have police / army guarding the soi leading down to Beach Road to regulate the numbers. 

Have about 300 staff working shifts in the 50 tents.  Vaccinate all of Pattaya City in no time.  Repeat again in 1 month or 3 months for the second dose.   

That's precisely what should happen!  There is no safer environment for a large gathering of people than a beach, and there is certainly plenty of beach in the Pattay area to work with!  The logistics of setting up beachside venues like that would be very easy since it's often done for special events like windsurfing championships, etc.  Unfortunately, the simplicity and very logic of it is the reason it will probably never be done ????

Edited by WaveHunter

8 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

That's precisely what should happen!  There is no safer environment for a large gathering of people than a beach, and there is certainly plenty of beach in the Pattay area to work with!  The logistics of setting up beachside venues like that would be very easy since it's often done for special events like windsurfing championships, etc.  Unfortunately, the simplicity and very logic of it is the reason it will probably never be done ????

But those events always end up packed like anything....It was okay on the beach for the fireworks last year, but getting there and out was a zoo with people packed like sardines. Really not a good idea during Covid.

Edited by jacko45k

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

But those events always end up packed like anything....It was okay on the beach for the fireworks last year, but getting there and out was a zoo with people packed like sardines. Really not a good idea during Covid.

The density of people could easily be controlled.  The point I'm making is simply that if large numbers of people are going to be queing, an open beach is a far safer environment than an indoor venue for that to happen, simply becuase it is ALL outdoors.

If you have ever endured long queues at Immigration offices, for instance, where it's inevitable that you'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with strangers in a tightly packed indoor space with the poor ventilation, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Edited by WaveHunter

23 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The density of people could easily be controlled.  The point I'm making is simply that if large numbers of people are going to be queing, an open beach is a far safer environment than an indoor venue.

Been to many events here, crowd and traffic control always seem to be a failing. 

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Been to many events here, crown and traffic control always seem to be a failing. 

How ever it was handled in the past, doesn't mean it has to be handled that way now in the face of a major pandemic.

• Like 1