Thai govt in stormy waters as country slammed by third COVID wave

webfact

5 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Variants are not bred, that's a  conscious endeavor; they evolve naturally. Every organism on this planet continually and spontaneously spawns mutations, including humans. Most are maladaptive and fail to reproduce. Others succeed brilliantly and are transmitted to future generations. 

You are suggesting that this virus is being nefariously selected and spread. It is, but Nature is doing it, not mankind. Without such an intrinsic adaptive mechanism at work the entire ecology of our planet would fail.

It is of course debatable whether the evolution of hominids has been maladaptive or not. Our appearance on the scene is mere seconds long on an ecological time scale. At the rate we're going there's still lots of time left for us to erase ourselves. ????

when pandemics are ignored by the general population the disease is given a perfect place to mutate for it needs hosts. When the hosts are willfully ignorant the voc's are the product. The US could of avoided hundreds of thousands of deaths by closing the airspace early enough with the UK/E.U. but instead demonized China, a great error that will be in recorded history. I agree 'our time' here is but a grain a sand on the beach of life but the fact we didn't limit populations will result in mankind cutting it's own throat, which has already started..

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

written from where it started, what else are they going to say?

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/unchecked-covid-19-spread-leads-to-virus-variants/

Edited by from the home of CC

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

when pandemics are ignored by the general population the disease is given a perfect place to mutate for it needs hosts. When the hosts are willfully ignorant the voc's are the product. The US could of avoided hundreds of thousands of deaths by closing the airspace early enough with the UK/E.U. but instead demonized China, a great error that will be in recorded history. I agree 'our time' here is but a grain a sand on the beach of life but the fact we didn't limit populations will result in mankind cutting it's own throat, which has already started..

Very few of our traditional micro-organism enemies have been truly defeated. There are always reservoirs of infection waiting for an opportune moment to breakout of jail. 

Of course you are correct on all counts, but in all pandemics and other natural disasters there is a portion of the population that will always ignore warnings. They provide either reservoirs of infectious agents or reservoirs of stupidity. 

Regardless of the prevention measures taken or not after the fact, China did willfully suppress information and possibly willfully exported the virus. It's time for the world to wake up and see China for what it actually is and does. If that's called 'demonizing' then so be it. What history will also show is that organized resistance to Chinese expansionism started woefully late. As the saying goes: "give them an inch and they take a mile." 

Population is actually at the heart of our current issues and will continue to be, Malthus aside. A few people are capable of doing great damage, multitudes are capable of irreparable damage on a global scale. 

All of these things are just the way it is and are unlikely to change. 

I'm glad I'm on the way out instead of the way in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Very few of our traditional micro-organism enemies have been truly defeated. There are always reservoirs of infection waiting for an opportune moment to breakout of jail. 

Of course you are correct on all counts, but in all pandemics and other natural disasters there is a portion of the population that will always ignore warnings. They provide either reservoirs of infectious agents or reservoirs of stupidity. 

Regardless of the prevention measures taken or not after the fact, China did willfully suppress information and possibly willfully exported the virus. It's time for the world to wake up and see China for what it actually is and does. If that's called 'demonizing' then so be it. What history will also show is that organized resistance to Chinese expansionism started woefully late. As the saying goes: "give them an inch and they take a mile." 

Population is actually at the heart of our current issues and will continue to be, Malthus aside. A few people are capable of doing great damage, multitudes are capable of irreparable damage on a global scale. 

All of these things are just the way it is and are unlikely to change. 

I'm glad I'm on the way out instead of the way in. 

Don't believe China 'exported' the virus, imo that's akin to cutting ones own throat. They played with the figures of cases and deaths but so did most of the worlds governments. That's the problem with politicians, they'll always serve themselves prior to serving the ones that got them elected. Democracy, like religion, are fine concepts in theory, but whenever people get involved they lose their shine quickly and then are exploited by the power/money holders..

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Don't believe China 'exported' the virus, imo that's akin to cutting ones own throat. They played with the figures of cases and deaths but so did most of the worlds governments. That's the problem with politicians, they'll always serve themselves prior to serving the ones that got them elected. Democracy, like religion, are fine concepts in theory, but whenever people get involved they lose their shine quickly and then are exploited by the power/money holders..

I carefully avoided saying that the CCP actively exported the virus.

However, what I do believe is that  they could have, and in fact did, allow it to be exported by inaction, consciously or otherwise. It is also inconclusive that they didn't create the virus by design either. I am hardly alone in that conjecture though it will probably never be determined largely due to Chinese efforts to destroy and obfuscate crucial data and evidence as well as control the discovery efforts. 

In any event China has and still is  attempting to profit from the pandemic by using vaccine diplomacy to their advantage. This is failing since large swaths of the world are rejecting both their inferior vaccines and their 'friendly' overtures. Due to their ability to ruthlessly impose lockdowns and forced vaccinations their economy has weathered and recovered much faster than less repressive regimes. In addition, their political and military posture has grown significantly more boldly arrogant and aggressive than before the pandemic. 

Your other observations didn't attempt to support your opening  statement either, though they are correct. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

I thought there had been one and the leaders were arrested and lots of others beaten up by the police?

Same same , China , Burma , Russia , etc .

What do these countries , have in common .?

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It would be the dumbest move he ever made if he tried to shut-down social media.

Really , what would be the worse case senario .

If He,  the Junta , shut down , social media .. 

7 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

the spread will naturally plateau at some point, not sure why the Thai government or any government should get credit for it

might as well congrats the virus, for spreading naturally and finally running its course

You would have to admit that the government is responsible if the epidemic were to plateau so soon. How many people here have predicted gloom and doom?

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Unbelievable that a lab would not forward positive results to the government, and that a government official would go public about it.

Well it happened and thats why legal action has now been initiated?

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I don’t doubt it, but what is the motivation for 12 labs not to forward accurate test results to the government?

Thats a good question? These are private labs, money?

The establishments failed to refer COVID-19 patients to hospitals, report detected COVID-19 cases and other details to the Disease Control Department or the Department of Medical Science and seek permission before advertising prices of their COVID-19 testing services, he said.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/dozen-private-clinics-labs-face-legal-action-over-control-measures-79818.php

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You would have to admit that the government is responsible if the epidemic were to plateau so soon. How many people here have predicted gloom and doom?

it would have plateau a while ago if the virus wasn't disrupted by all the silly measures, that didn't do enough at the end

we still not sure how it spreads, could be far worse than we think

9 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

UK could have done the same if it shut the door to EU since it came in from there. US was always going to cop it since it is one of the main global hubs. But blame the UK for the whole debacle if it fits your agenda; most do. 

On 4/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, webfact said:

Some observers are warning of a popular uprising if the government fails to tackle this fresh outbreak successfully.

Fat lot of good that would do as the generalissimo has already rigged the constitution so as to remain in power for life.

14 hours ago, daveAustin said:

UK could have done the same if it shut the door to EU since it came in from there. US was always going to cop it since it is one of the main global hubs. But blame the UK for the whole debacle if it fits your agenda; most do. 

No, I blame the North Americans generally for not seeing where the true danger was really located. People listened to the worst government in American history and pointed the finger at the wrong threat, which was the EU/UK and their denialism at the most crucial moments of the pandemic..

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I carefully avoided saying that the CCP actively exported the virus.

However, what I do believe is that  they could have, and in fact did, allow it to be exported by inaction, consciously or otherwise. It is also inconclusive that they didn't create the virus by design either. I am hardly alone in that conjecture though it will probably never be determined largely due to Chinese efforts to destroy and obfuscate crucial data and evidence as well as control the discovery efforts. 

In any event China has and still is  attempting to profit from the pandemic by using vaccine diplomacy to their advantage. This is failing since large swaths of the world are rejecting both their inferior vaccines and their 'friendly' overtures. Due to their ability to ruthlessly impose lockdowns and forced vaccinations their economy has weathered and recovered much faster than less repressive regimes. In addition, their political and military posture has grown significantly more boldly arrogant and aggressive than before the pandemic. 

Your other observations didn't attempt to support your opening  statement either, though they are correct. 

you're discounting the fact that Asians have a lot fewer problems masking up for the community good than westerners and to me that made a huge difference in the China recovery.

"possibly willfully exported the virus" is what you said in your previous statement

so you didn't say "carefully avoided saying that the CCP actively exported the virus" It's obvious what you think and you're entitled to that opinion. Personally, if I'm to blame anyone, it would be the WHO. They were many days late proclaiming that this was indeed a pandemic and it cost a lot of lives. This newly created Asian hate is alarming with attacks on innocent people in North America and other western nations. This anti China fervor is another excuse to utilize innate racism as a tool for blame. In Covid, the blame is endless and everywhere because many humans are basically fools..

47 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

you're discounting the fact that Asians have a lot fewer problems masking up for the community good than westerners and to me that made a huge difference in the China recovery.

"possibly willfully exported the virus" is what you said in your previous statement

so you didn't say "carefully avoided saying that the CCP actively exported the virus" It's obvious what you think and you're entitled to that opinion. Personally, if I'm to blame anyone, it would be the WHO. They were many days late proclaiming that this was indeed a pandemic and it cost a lot of lives. This newly created Asian hate is alarming with attacks on innocent people in North America and other western nations. This anti China fervor is another excuse to utilize innate racism as a tool for blame. In Covid, the blame is endless and everywhere because many humans are basically fools..

There is also speculation that WHO is being at the least manipulated by China, and was from the beginning. This is definitely part of their normal strategy.

As far as not even implying that China MAY be responsible at some level, I'll just have to let those chips fall where they may.

Ignoring bad behavior because it might reflect on some particular ethnic group is not justice either. Should the world, as it has largely done for years now, also ignore the 're-education camps' that the CCP is running for a despised ethnic group? I think not.

Indicting any individual or group for a misdeed is not necessarily innate or latent bigotry. The truth does not recognize race or religion, or even thoughts; it recognizes deed and actions.

I'll call the shots as I see them, which is always my option, as you say. And for the record. I think the CCP is one of the largest problems the world will face in the coming decades. Time will tell.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:45 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Yea possibly but I was talking generally

No they did handle it really poorly in the first 4 months. I'm only 32 years old and so I have my memory firing on all cylinders. You can also check back on the internet to find what action was taken at what date. Thailand was very lucky the virus wasn't as bad as initial numbers suggested of a 8% CFR. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mung said:

No they did handle it really poorly in the first 4 months. I'm only 32 years old and so I have my memory firing on all cylinders. You can also check back on the internet to find what action was taken at what date. Thailand was very lucky the virus wasn't as bad as initial numbers suggested of a 8% CFR. 

Oh I can assure you I'm also firing on all cylinders, I thought you would have assumed from my reply that I was open to that when I said to you, "yea possibly"

My praise for them as opposed to some countries is the closed borders to International tourists that they put in far before most western countries, that helped a lot.