Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, Puccini said:

Are you sure about that?

What is the Thai word or expression that has been translated as "residents"?

I agree I will get my needle I hear so many stories about side effects but i will take my chance I had  a small pox needle when i was young and i am sure that had side effects also But I am still here so Hooray for the vaccine You are right what you said I took it as everyone gets the needle for free who are in thailand

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Excellent news... the only logical and fair solution as the vaccine helps all, not just the person vaccinated but those with whom that person comes into contact. 

As it stands: Ministry of Public Health announced:

From 1st May 60+ and those in 7 high risk groups can register - First vaccinations will strat from 7th June.

From  1st July: 18-59 can register with first vaccinations taking place in August. 

Slip #1:

Then, where is the English web page so we can register for an appointment as Thai can do since yesterday ?

5 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Free or not, everybody should have the right to decide which vaccine to take, or to opt to have none at all.

It looks like the AZN vaccine that is produced here in Thailand is going to be the one being most readily available and being pushed by the Thai Govt.

Nobody knows yet whether the quality and/or efficacy of the AZN vaccine produced in Thailand will be identical to, or different from the one administered in the UK. And nobody knows what the long term adverse effects might be.

If you are considering taking AZN you should at least acquaint yourself with the reported reactions to and deaths from taking the AZN vaccine in the UK. This is particularly important if you have any medical conditions.

The following is a comprehensive report giving very detailed breakdown of the 573,650  adverse reactions to the AZN vaccine recorded in the UK from 4 January 2021 to 21 April. The total number of fatal outcomes (deaths) just from the AZN vaccine alone during this period was 685.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/982453/COVID-19_AstraZenenca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

This is the best post on vaccines I have ever seen anywhere.......Great and sensible post......

9 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Free or not, everybody should have the right to decide which vaccine to take, or to opt to have none at all.

It looks like the AZN vaccine that is produced here in Thailand is going to be the one being most readily available and being pushed by the Thai Govt.

Nobody knows yet whether the quality and/or efficacy of the AZN vaccine produced in Thailand will be identical to, or different from the one administered in the UK. And nobody knows what the long term adverse effects might be.

If you are considering taking AZN you should at least acquaint yourself with the reported reactions to and deaths from taking the AZN vaccine in the UK. This is particularly important if you have any medical conditions.

The following is a comprehensive report giving very detailed breakdown of the 573,650  adverse reactions to the AZN vaccine recorded in the UK from 4 January 2021 to 21 April. The total number of fatal outcomes (deaths) just from the AZN vaccine alone during this period was 685.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/982453/COVID-19_AstraZenenca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

Great to have such transparent reporting being done by the UK and AZ, gives real confidence in the vaccine. However this is NOT reported reactions to the vaccine, it clearly says:  "All UK spontaneous reports" a big difference.

I notice this includes even "toothache", a "dry lip".....LOL, a "warm arm" at administration site. It is also not linking these reactions to the vaccine.

You really shouldn't mislead people into thinking this lists all reactions to the vaccine, its just not true.

Edited by Bkk Brian

33 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I doubt that migrant workers "have" to get them, the cards aren't made(*) for migrant workers.

* I don't mean that they aren't issued, I mean that when the cards were introduced, migrant workers were not who the government had in mind.

These cards have existed for many years, but for Westerners just in 2016. Initially, they were for migrant workers so as they didn't have to carry their paper certificates, which were required for ALL foreigners but no Westerner was ever hassled about it.

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Anyone taking bets on how long before the czar contradicts / reverses this?

Sorry, but until I get a needle in my arm (twice) I'm not believing anything that comes out of this government.

I guess they mean it will be 'free' like residency certs are free from Immigration?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Great to have such transparent reporting being done by the UK and AZ, gives real confidence in the vaccine. However this is NOT reported reactions to the vaccine, it clearly says:  "All UK spontaneous reports" a big difference.

I notice this includes even "toothache", a "dry lip".....LOL, a "warm arm" at administration site. It is also not linking these reactions to the vaccine.

The chance for bad reactions to the vaccines maybe small but it is very real.....And it is a 100% indisputable FACT  that no long term studies have been done on any of them for safety....So this is another thing to consider.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

These cards have existed for many years, but for Westerners just in 2016. Initially, they were for migrant workers so as they didn't have to carry their paper certificates, which were required for ALL foreigners but no Westerner was ever hassled about it.

Migrant workers have a passport, they don't need a pink ID card, just like westerners.

The pink ID cards were introduced for stateless people, because they don't have another form of identification.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The chance for bad reactions to the vaccines maybe small but it is very real.....And it is a 100% indisputable FACT  that no long term studies have been done on any of them for safety....So this is another thing to consider.....

Everybody is aware that it is a FACT there are rare serious adverse reactions but putting out misleading comments on what an adverse reaction is that is actually linked to a vaccine and what a "spontaneous report" of a "wobbly tooth" are two very different things. 

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Migrant workers have a passport, they don't need a pink ID card, just like westerners.

The pink ID cards were introduced for stateless people, because they don't have another form of identification.

I remember they were issued to migrant workers to allow them to use Social Security services, like getting a Vaccine. 

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I hope it is not mandatory. 

I hope deportation is mandatory for anyone who refuses the vaccine. If you're not willing to do your part then you don't deserve to stay here. Which are you more afraid of? The vaccine, or dying miserably from Covid? Or do you think Covid is a hoax/conspiracy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

2008 not 2016 is when the law went into effect.  I obtained mine in 2012 when I received my yellow book 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I hope deportation is mandatory for anyone who refuses the vaccine. If you're not willing to do your part then you don't deserve to stay here. Which are you more afraid of? The vaccine, or dying miserably from Covid? Or do you think Covid is a hoax/conspiracy?

Sir the odds of catching covid are almost none and the recovery rate if you do catch it is well over 99% as reported by the mainstream press.....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Sir the odds of catching covid are almost none and the recovery rate if you do catch it is well over 99% as reported by the mainstream press.....

False narrative again. Stop with misinformation 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

It's RESIDENTS ONLY.  If you do not possess a Thai ID, you are not eligible.  You can only go the private route, which at the moment the hospitals have yet to receive any stocks of vaccine. 

Nowhere has it been stated by any authority that a Thai ID is required of expats, except by you. You're making stuff up or disseminating false information. Stop already. Or quote your source.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

2008 not 2016 is when the law went into effect.  I obtained mine in 2012 when I received my yellow book 

I mean the law changed to allow any foreigner to get one in 2016. I assume you were working if you got the card in 2012?

4 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

People like you should be jailed for endangering the public health by making blatantly false public statements about this deadly pandemic. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Anyone taking bets on how long before the czar contradicts / reverses this?

Sorry, but until I get a needle in my arm (twice) I'm not believing anything that comes out of this government.

congratulations! you receive first price in Spinning A Positive Thailand Story Into A Cynical Comment price! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Nothing false .....A well over 99% recovery rate has been reported on a million times in the last year,,,,

Well folks you can't fix stupid, nor can you stop a psychopath from hallucinating. Use your own common sense and heed the experts, not some random voice in a forum.

• Confused 2