Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Well folks you can't fix stupid, nor can you stop a psychopath from hallucinating. Use your own common sense and heed the experts, not some random voice in a forum.

What is the recovery rate then?

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I mean the law changed to allow any foreigner to get one in 2016. I assume you were working if you got the card in 2012?

I was here on an extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai. Built a house, obtained a yellow book and my pink non immigrant ID card. Worked outside of the country until I turned 50 and retired. Traveled back and forth with re-entry permits for my extensions.

Edited by ThailandRyan

I will believe it when it happens 

I still think they are talking about people who are working for Thai Companies Schools  or have a Thai ID

Seemingly Thai immigration count the expats who are retired here 

As guests hence the yearly visa 

not permanent residents 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Would you like to share the details what these methods are?

Been post on here already but will repeat for those that have difficulty reading.

Some village heads are collecting names.

Some local government have registration page on website.

Mor Prom app starts tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Been post on here already but will repeat for those that have difficulty reading.

Some village heads are collecting names.

Some local government have registration page on website.

Mor Prom app starts tomorrow.

This is true but in my village they insisted 'Thai only' which meant 70% of the village (+me) were not able to register.

I suspect by foreigners they really mean the millions of Burmese, Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese and Filipino workers living in Thailand who don't earn enough to be able to afford to get the vaccine privately but who represent a very real health threat to the Thais if they remain unvaccinated. Farang expats are a much smaller group than this and can afford to pay for the vaccines, at least if the government ever does more than simply saying fine things about allowing hospitals to sell them and actually lifts the restrictions currently in place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Naroge said:

The key words are "reside in Thailand". Until that is clarified there is no point to speculate.

I was allowed back in as an ex pat with non o retirement visa because I "reside in Thailand". It was clearly stated then, seems clear enough now. If you have a permanent residence here, you "reside" here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

This is true but in my village they insisted 'Thai only' which meant 70% of the village (+me) were not able to register.

My wife registered me on the local government website using my Thai ID number.

Will check the app tomorrow, apparently hospitals have preloaded names of the most vulnerable and I am registered at the hospital under my Thai ID.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I hope deportation is mandatory for anyone who refuses the vaccine. If you're not willing to do your part then you don't deserve to stay here. Which are you more afraid of? The vaccine, or dying miserably from Covid? Or do you think Covid is a hoax/conspiracy?

Jonathan I agree I am no hero but i will get the vaccine Why should we expect the Thais to get the vaccine and we dont have to What is the old saying" While in Rome do as the Romans do" We live here and we must also do what the Thais will do That is get the vaccine

Yet to be seen how Non-Thai can register for vaccine. My experience testing the More Prom app shows that only those with a Thai ID, not Pink Card ID, can register. Maybe at hospital, but which hospital? Sounds more like "shut the complaints up" news to me. 

• Like 1

People should note the app is not a free for all.

Hospitals throughout the nation have uploaded lists of senior citizens and patients with chronic illnesses into the Mor Prom system in preparation for registrations starting on May 1st. Older citizens will be asked to do so using the LINE application and will have to input their 13-digit identification number and their preferred vaccination time into the system, before selecting a preferred hospital or department store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

Why do they say free when the taxpayers of Thailand are paying for it

Actually it is the citizens of Western countries who are paying for it with their taxes that went towards the expedited development of these vaccines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My wife registered me on the local government website using my Thai ID number.

Will check the app tomorrow, apparently hospitals have preloaded names of the most vulnerable and I am registered at the hospital under my Thai ID.

What web site was used to register using Pink Card ID? More Prom rejected mine but accepted my wife's Thai ID. Rejection said bad ID number. 

Just now, sandyf said:

People should note the app is not a free for all.

Hospitals throughout the nation have uploaded lists of senior citizens and patients with chronic illnesses into the Mor Prom system in preparation for registrations starting on May 1st. Older citizens will be asked to do so using the LINE application and will have to input their 13-digit identification number and their preferred vaccination time into the system, before selecting a preferred hospital or department store.

Thanks for that. I think many expats seem to think the website should appear in their language, or they should receive special treatment, getting the vaccine delivered to them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, asiaexpat said:

What web site was used to register using Pink Card ID? More Prom rejected mine but accepted my wife's Thai ID. Rejection said bad ID number. 

I suspect you have to be registered in the national system already.