Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

It's RESIDENTS ONLY.  If you do not possess a Thai ID, you are not eligible.  You can only go the private route, which at the moment the hospitals have yet to receive any stocks of vaccine. 

I have a permanent residence permit. Will I be able to get the vaccine. I live in Chiang Rai. If so, when and where. The announcement says that the government vaccination of the AZ will be available May 1. 

Hoping the government will exclude the Prayut-Chinese blood clotting Sinovac. The local private hospitals have no vaccine. The government hospital has the Chinese-Thai Sinovac that people don't want to use. Why did Prayut buy 800k doses of this junk? 

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Folks Thailand NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER gives anything to expats for FREE......Whats the ulterior motive here??...........Expat-Free- No-way.

It’s just so that the thai government looks good internationally and is seen to be complying with WHO guidance. They don’t actually have to follow through and give it for free.

It's RESIDENTS ONLY.  If you do not possess a Thai ID, you are not eligible.  You can only go the private route, which at the moment the hospitals have yet to receive any stocks of vaccine. 

To reside means by definition to permanently live in a place and therefore this means everyone who legally lives on Thailand, including workers, people who are married to Thai nationals and people on retirement visas...

15 hours ago, Puccini said:

Aren't you expecting a bit too much? In Italy, I was not given a choice and it was a matter of taking the vaccine being used at that particular government vaccination centre or leaving it, and I guess it will be the same in Thailand.

Same in Canada - they're not handing out menus. Take what's served or p... off.

11 hours ago, aussienam said:

Hopefully the Astra Zeneca vaccine? Will we have a choice? 

I am concerned the Sinovac vaccine may not be accepted in some countries so may become a barrier for travelling.  Hoping clarification on this. 

Also, because of potential fraud, what type of vaccination certificates/passport will be issued?  And will it be accepted by other nations?  

What you really want is the BioNtech Pfizer vaccine! 

Hope the vaccination programme can be expedited if sufficient vaccine available.  It will take some time for population to be vaccinated basis two to three doses hope that Thailand can reopen for Tourism some time next year.

Not True ALL who reside will be those on long stay visas . you have to have the app in your phone to register. i have it and have registered already . The app will be translated to English asap the 1st of June for those who are over 60 and those who have underline problems .  first shots from July. I could get mine done in May as i have ID and yellow house book but only sinovac  ,will wait for AZ 

3 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

To reside means by definition to permanently live in a place and therefore this means everyone who legally lives on Thailand, including workers, people who are married to Thai nationals and people on retirement visas...

So you can never get a new house?

15 hours ago, ericdiam said:

Will be the AZ produced by Siam bioscience which I not much trust. And AZ has only 63% protection and is less effective even with the new variants, UK included. Also they only will start in June so prity sure foreigners will be maybe August-Seprember

For me if Pfizer, Moderna which are both over 90% or even J&J over 70% and that one already proven that UK variant works then I'll just go and pay for any of these

I am with you on Moderna and Pfizer. But on the other hand it may be awhile before you can purchase one of those. I still don't see how the Government can stop private hospitals from obtaining them. At least they are not offering Sinovac, I refuse to touch that Chinese <deleted>....

8 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

correct 

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Natapanu

is OK at these briefings, but clearly (I watched his portion in full yesterday) he was winging it on "The Vaccine Plan".

In all honesty, the regime and its spokepeople would be better off sticking with known, clear, accurate facts. Just say we don't have a plan yet, but we will have it by __insert date here__.

Elaine Benes conveyed more detail with Yada Yada Yada.

48 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I live in Thailand for 16 years but I don't have a pink ID card or a yellow book... So I can't apply for a free jab?

yes you can get the app in your phone to register dates depending on age over 60 reg for the 1st on June 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Pib said:

I tried to register today using my Thai Pink ID card/Yellow book.....a no go.   And when the Thai wife tried to register it would accept her Thai ID card number, but preloaded info for her province was incorrect so she aborted her registration....see details in below post.

What does it mean when it says that registration starts from 1st May?

I thought I understood, but perhaps not...

16 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Allways check the smallprint !

16 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

The post does not mention anything about having a Thai id... it says all expats/foreigners residing in Thailand?

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's supposed to be a government mobile phone app coming specifically to support the future government vaccine program for foreigners... But no, it's not here yet.

As I said different methods in the works. In the meantime foreigners are being registered on the methods currently available.

37 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

saying foreigners can have it for free, but then making it virtually impossible to get because registration is in Thai, isn’t much help.

Residents should learn the language. It's amazing the benefits you miss out on if you don't. 

• Like 1