Bangkok to inoculate 50,000 people per day, vaccinating 70% of its population

snoop1130

On 4/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, anchadian said:

Population of Bangkok is approx 11m x 2 shots = 22m shots at 50,000 shots a day.

It would therefore take 440 days to fully vaccinate the whole of Bangkok.

Which is far too long. 70% is still over 300 days.

So it may be another year. 

What are these people smoking? I thought they wanted tourist back.

Before anybody complains it is just over  60 , blah blah....

The quote was "everybody in bangkok"

I am sick and tired of these clowns posturing <deleted>.

Edited by jojothai
clarification
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:16 AM, bwpage3 said:

70% of 66,000,000 people = 46,200,000 people /50,000 jabs per day = 924 days /365 days per year = 2.5 years to vaccinate 70% of the population.

What about the other 30%?

Migrants illegally entering Thailand?

Tourists?

Article appears specific to Bangkok only, not all of Thailand "Bangkok plans to inoculate 70% of its inhabitants,"

Bangkok current population @ about 10.5 million, so this would be closer to 210 days/ 7 months.   

70% is the current standard for Herd immunity, which is typically the goal to allow life to start to get back to normal again.

I don't see where they state that vaccines would stop once it gets to 70%,  but more to the point is to reach herd immunity, which contrary to popular opinion lock-downs do are quite ineffective. Vaccinations are the only answer.

9 minutes ago, Trvlr55 said:

Article appears specific to Bangkok only, not all of Thailand "Bangkok plans to inoculate 70% of its inhabitants,"

Bangkok current population @ about 10.5 million, so this would be closer to 210 days/ 7 months.   

70% is the current standard for Herd immunity, which is typically the goal to allow life to start to get back to normal again.

I don't see where they state that vaccines would stop once it gets to 70%,  but more to the point is to reach herd immunity, which contrary to popular opinion lock-downs do are quite ineffective. Vaccinations are the only answer.

Lockdowns is used to slow the infection rate (“flatten the curve”), so hospitals don’t get overwhelmed and more lives can be saved. Yes, vaccinations is the only answer.

21 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

You forget that 2 doses are required, so it's 420 days!

On 4/30/2021 at 10:25 PM, hioctane said:

LOL. People need to learn math.

Population of Bangok in 2021: 10.7M

Eligible population.. Adults (about 80%): 8.56M

Target 70%: 6M

@ 50,000 a day = 120 days (~ 4 months)

Most vaccines require 2 shots.

50,000 shots per day isn't much.  The U.S. State I live in has a population of about 8.5 million.  It's taken 4.5 months to ramp up, but we are doing about 65,000 shots per day now.  For a few weeks it was in excess of 75K.  However, we are fortunate to have many private providers in addition to the government. 

image.png.14de6a74ca83d1d6b6977633dd6790a5.png

Edited by Damrongsak