Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you get infected as an unvaccinated person you're more likely than a vaccinated person to infect others.

Variants can more easily develop with larger pools of unvaccinated people.

So like a vaccinated person, I too can get infected and infect others.

As I thought, thanks for the confirmation.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What hospital is this from anyway?

This says you must have a Pattaya house registration so not sure how helpful that will be for most expats if it means you must have a yellow book.

Also, when clicking through I get the telltale sign of a screwed up or expired vaccination registration scheme I'm afraid (see screenshot)

IMG_1604.thumb.png.b5d1e9512f0d5bd52326430b03342486.png

Glad for you if it actually worked and you actually receive a appointment date, but from what I'm seeing, I'm not very impressed unfortunately. 

Maybe I'll try again in a while...or maybe I'll just be smart and go have a nice dinner and some nice wine, and stop being obsessed with registering until I know I'm not wasting my time on more of these flawed registration schemes.  It's really exhausting! LOL

Try again tomorrow, that message seems to come on in the evening. i uploaded my Bluebook, it also wants the page with name on which the blue book won't have so i included an image of my chanote. Update in Thai incl name

Edited by scubascuba3

Just now, Jingthing said:

Vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus if infected.

So they can be infected and infect others.

Thanks for the confirmation, I will treat those vaccinated with the same contempt they treat me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you aware of what happens if you test positive in thailand?

That in itself is enough to put you off testing if your asmyptamatic.

Guy i know was feeling a bit rough ( nothing major ) tested positive and was taken away, the hospital initially asked for 20K a night, he got then down to 1K.

29 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think there is a strong scientific basis for assuming that from drug trials but until that can statistically be determined from seeing how many vaccinated people are re-infected with the Delta variant, nobody can say for certain. 

Long-range efficacy studies take a lot longer than has passed since the vaccines were introduced, and Delta puts a whole new spin on things as well.

Best bet is just to follow the directions from those administering it, and just plan to get a booster (third shot) in the future to play it safe.  That's my plan anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So like a vaccinated person, I too can get infected and infect others.

As I thought, thanks for the confirmation.

Unscientific anti vaccination rhetoric is not welcome in this thread. We are looking for ways to get vaccinated and help others achieve the same. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A Thai guy told me yesterday that he's been trying to get Sinopharm locally but they said they had no doses. In any case the current local Sinopharm program is clearly not inviting expats.

if you read the text at the bottom you'll see it asks foreigners to update in Thai

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Here's a rub with the Phyathai 2 registration. 

It's for jabs during a two week period.

Vaccination Period: 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends)

If there is a travel ban starting tomorrow that may be for a two week period too.

So if you secure a time slot it may be during the travel ban period but it may be after it.

It will be random either way.

For people that missed posts by myself and others:

Motorway 7 (Pattaya-Bangkok-Pattaya) has NEVER had any restrictions (or checkpoints) for vehicle travel since this started last year.  

(Although bus and minibus transport might have some restrictions before boarding).

So if you have your own car/SUV etc then happy journey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't understand your answer. Could you have registered  with your passport number only or not?

So it sounds like you put in 13 0's for your Thai id. That's obviously bogus. Anyway good luck and kudos for testing their system. That's a kludge!

If another person puts in 13 0s maybe their system will reject as a dupe.

Some might characterize entering a fake ID number as a kind of fraud.

These apps do not have the capability to take short passport numbers.

So as most know the Pink ID card also has 13 numbers (just the first number-usually 6) denotes an resident alien. So the 13 x '0' story is just bogus.

I'm feeling cold feet about going to Bangkok for doses if I can get a booking at Phyathai 2.

Why?

Bangkok is a hotspot now of Delta variant. 

I don't have a very safe option for transport.

Possible issues with travel restrictions. We'll know more tomorrow. 

I don't want to get infected by going for a vaccine.

If I knew there was going to be a similar option locally within a month or two I would wait. But no news about that.

So I'm still on the fence.

I'm expecting some abusive responses to this falsely accusing me of not wanting a vaccine. Of course I want a vaccine but what level of risk is worth it to get one? Only individuals can answer that for themselves.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thainet said:

Motorway 7 (Pattaya-Bangkok-Pattaya) has NEVER had any restrictions (or checkpoints) for vehicle travel since this started last year.  

(Although bus and minibus transport might have some restrictions before boarding).

Thanks for pointing that out - I took Minibuses a few times from Central Festival Market and Pattaya Klang to BKK and was never asked anything except for money! ????

6 minutes ago, thainet said:

No car. No license.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah sure. Like every random Bolt driver has that.

That wasn't my question anyway!

My question was if you have an acceptable excuse for interprovincial travel during a ban, does the driver have one also because he's taking you?

I never said every taxi driver has that, i take that as a vicous attack on what i wrote.

Taxi's will still be operatin between provinces, how do people get to BKK airport from Pattaya if not, duh!

51 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Simple really...use a local taxi for about 1000 THB each way.  I use Tom's Taxi in Pattaya whenever I fly in or out of Suvarnabhumi, and they always provide excellent service.  You can book by email at [email protected] or on their website at www.tomtaxiservice.com/ 

You can also rent a car locally in Pattaya for the round trip (probably what I will do...just to feel safer with nobody but me in the car).

Yeah, thank you. I gotta deal with Bangkok stuff and move out of my condo, so I made it more complicated.  Fascinating to all of you, I know.

12 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

Unscientific anti vaccination rhetoric is not welcome in this thread. We are looking for ways to get vaccinated and help others achieve the same. Thanks!

I thought it was scientifically proven the vaccine will not stop one from getting the covids... but may reduce the severity.

am I wrong ?

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No license.

There is a cab company in BKK that only hires vaccinated drivers and displays it on the cabs - google it - I am sure you could arrange a pickup if you are very concerned to get infected in the cab but I think if you wear a N95 mask and may a cloth mask on top of that and sanitize fully you should be fine. Just my two cents. There is no perfect solution its always going to be a trade off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

There is a cab company in BKK that only hires vaccinated drivers and displays it on the cabs - google it - I am sure you could arrange a pickup if you are very concerned to get infected in the cab but I think if you wear a N95 mask and may a cloth mask on top of that and sanitize fully you should be fine. Just my two cents. There is no perfect solution its always going to be a trade off. 

Coming from Pattaya booking a round trip a Bangkok company would be irrelevant.

Yes good point about masks. 

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I thought it was scientifically proven the vaccine will not stop one from getting the covids... but may reduce the severity.

am I wrong ?

99 percent of the Covid 19 deaths in the USA now are unvaccinated people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

99 percent of the Covid 19 deaths in the USA now are unvaccinated people.

yes and a risk Iam prepared to take..

now about my question.... can you answer that ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm feeling cold feet about going to Bangkok for doses if I can get a booking at Phyathai 2.

Why?

If I knew there was going to be a similar option locally within a month or two I would wait. But no news about that.

I'm expecting some abusive responses to this falsely accusing me of not wanting a vaccine. Of course I want a vaccine but what level of risk is worth it to get one? Only individuals can answer that for themselves.

This is not abusive but maybe to help you make up your mind after 48 pages of vaccine posts.

Get on the website on the 12th (or call the other hospital), register yourself for the end of the month shot.

Then hire a taxi for the day for about 1200 baht return ( I have a recommendation for you if you want--same one that took me for my first shot of AZ last month). Then you are all done and dusted, ready for your 2nd shot in about October. Then if Moderna/Pfizer becomes available for the general population late in the year or early next year, then get a 3rd shot as a booster.

The Pattaya private Hospitals have already sold their allocations for late this year, so the above plan is your best shot (no pun intended) for the next few months.

As Mr Nike said..Just do it!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Coming from Pattaya booking a round trip a Bangkok company would be irrelevant.

Yes good point about masks. 

They might have drivers already in Chonburi that are very happy to pick you up and at least get you into Bangkok... But yeah maybe irrelevant as you need to come back too.

2 minutes ago, thainet said:

This is not abusive but maybe to help you make up your mind after 48 pages of vaccine posts.

Get on the website on the 12th (or call the other hospital), register yourself for the end of the month shot.

Then hire a taxi for the day for about 1200 baht return ( I have a recommendation for you if you want--same one that took me for my first shot of AZ last month). Then you are all done and dusted, ready for your 2nd shot in about October. Then if Moderna/Pfizer becomes available for the general population late in the year or early next year, then get a 3rd shot as a booster.

The Pattaya private Hospitals have already sold their allocations for late this year, so the above plan is your best shot (no pun intended) for the next few months.

What's your taxi recommendation?

You surely don't mean 1200 round-trip.

Thank you for not being abusive.

2 minutes ago, thainet said:

I like you !! That's the spirit and thats how I did it too for my first shot. But I paid 2200 Baht roundtrip with Bolt - ouch!! can you share your drivers info? Also just to add for the posters benefit. Wear a brand new N95 mask and bring sanitizer and a secondary cloth mask to fully protect yourself. If you wanna go full hardcore also wear a faceshield.. Nothing wrong being vigilant!

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why?

I had a private driver take me.  She waited for one hour when I got the shot then drove me back.

I wore 2 masks the entire time and kept my distance as best as possible.  There is some risk at the hospital I guess as there were many people although they tried their best to distance everyone.  But, probably the same any place from the photos I have seen.

Bottom line, they are never going to come to our rooms for a personal vaccine,  I think little, but there is some risk not sure if any of it can be considered totally safe.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VaccineHunter said:

I like you !! That's the spirit and thats how I did it too for my first shot. But I paid 2200 Baht roundtrip with Bolt - ouch!! can you share your drivers info? Also just to add for the posters benefit. Wear a brand new N95 mask and bring sanitizer and a secondary cloth mask to fully protect yourself. If you wanna go full hardcore also wear a faceshield.. Nothing wrong being vigilant!

To you and @Jingthing..the driver is my brother-in-law. New car, sensible driver, clean cut. Has been an airport taxi driver for over 10 years, now takes me places when I dont want to drive, and also does some Bolt at times now.

But I do apologise.. as for the return trip, waiting at Phyathai, using motorway including tolls is about the same 2200-2400 baht (not the 1200 baht I mentioned before---faux pas).

Normally I would just drive myself but I didn't know what symptoms I might have from the shot (none actually) so a driver was the best way (actually he just drove my car, my easypass, for 500 baht and a McDonalds for breakfast).

• Like 1