90 day report by mail not returned

CW

Old Next Report Date: 16 April 2021
Mailed 30 March 2021, Delivered 31 March 2021 EMS
New Next Report date sent 19 May 2021, received 20 May 2021 EMS
Next Report Date 16 July 2021
~ 50 days, 7 weeks, but with ~ 8 or 9 holidays.

^^

Exactly the same dates as me but I am still waiting after 56 days!

Ok, I went to MTT last week and got a slip and new date is 16 July.

Whether it....

-got lost in the post on the way back to me

-was thrown in the bin at MTT on arrival ( my sae stamp was only B5)

-was cancelled cos I reported at MTT

I just don't know.

Will the online report work in July?????????

Just now, Cuchulainn said:

( my sae stamp was only B5)

Next time spring for the extra 32 baht (37 baht total) for return EMS.

While Imm has, in the past, affixed a new EMS slip for the return over mine, they did not do that this time, and I was able to see it on the way to me via EMS tracking.

3 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Will the online report work in July?????????

I'm not going to rely on it, and will file by mail again. Unless they introduce some new system which works reliably for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Next time, I think I will try online on 2 July;  15 days before due date. If I can,t do it online, I will post it that day so it will arrive 14 days before due date. Shouldn't be a problem(huh!!!).

ANYTHING to avoid another 3 day camel trek to MTT!!

I too have had a long wait to receive my 90day receipt this time.  My 90 day report was received at CW on April 5, and I received the receipt this morning, May 27.  So if you are waiting, probably it is ok. I didn't want to go to immigration with the crowds and Covid-- a dangerous combination. 

My mailed 90-day report was recd. by Imm April 1 and I got the acknowledgment back May 25. That's 55 days. I had called the Imm hotline in between and was told (a) big backlog so be patient (b) if I did end up having to go to MTT there would be no fine as I had the EMS receipt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cw2 said:

Chuchulainn,

I always use a 10 baht stamp.  Sometimes they return the photocopies of the passport pages and they can be used again. 

I put a 20b. stamp on the return envelope. When it came back another stamp had been added - 10b. if I remember correctly.

Yes, they returned all the photocopies so it was a heavy packet.

I wrote a cover note, in Thai, that only the new slip be returned and not all the other photocopies I sent them. I thought B5 will more than cover that postage.

It looks like it was rejected cos of the stamp.

It is 8 weeks now.

4 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I wrote a cover note, in Thai, that only the new slip be returned and not all the other photocopies I sent them. I thought B5 will more than cover that postage.

It looks like it was rejected cos of the stamp.

It is 8 weeks now.

They did add a stamp to my 20b. But from the rules for mail-in at:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

"5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification."

So, you might have been penalized. Might want to call Imm hotline and see if that's their policy.

4 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Might want to call Imm hotline and see if that's their policy.

Thanks.

And be put on hold for an hour or never answered?

My blood pressure couldn't handle that????????.

Yeah, it looks like I have learned my lesson; affix a B10 stamp or EMS for return envelope. In the past, before online reporting, I always used a B5 stamp.

Edited by Cuchulainn

Just now, Cuchulainn said:

Thanks.

My blood pressure couldn't handle that????????.

Yeah, it looks like I have learned my lesson; affix a B10 stamp or EMS for return envelope.

Yes 10 baht. Also did you address it correctly. Shown in this screenshot

Screenshot_20210527-154145~2.png

On 5/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, blackcab said:

I received mine back a couple of days ago. It took 6 weeks.

Normally it is much quicker than that.

With so few foreigners in the country, you'd think that it would be faster, not slower.

12 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

That was my fear the first time I called, maybe a year ago about something. But then a very pleasant surprise! Maybe a couple of minutes wait and then helped by a decent English speaker. I've called a couple of times since and it's been the same. And they work till 6pm. Give it a whirl.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

With so few foreigners in the country, you'd think that it would be faster, not slower.

There's still a few hundred thousand of us happily settled here:-) And then the online system was down for months. Betcha they have mailed in reports stacked to the rafters waiting to be processed.

They really need to get rid of this silly requirement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Is it possible to just pay 4x two thousand baht fine every year not to bother with this nonsense?

I'm sure that they would love it.

"Buddhists do not believe that human beings are evil, but they generally accept that humans create suffering through their greed, anger and ignorance."

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Haha 1

Yes, they returned all copies, plus a blank TM.47 to use next time.

Pretty cool actually, just need to fill it in, pop everything (incl. the next report date slip) back an envelope for the next filing.

19 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Yeah, a lot fewer people - my ext stay ret/inc is usually numbered ~ 20,000 (~ 7 ish years) while my most recent one is numbered in the low 7,000's, so something wierd is going on.

They used to process mail-ins as soon as received, and you get something back in ~ 10 days.

Maybe they batch everything and just process these once every week or two?

Or very few people can actually use the on-line system - yes, it was down for a month or two, so most are filing my mail or in person?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, they returned all copies, plus a blank TM.47 to use next time.

Yes, looks like the B5 stamp was the problem.

Oh well, you live and learn!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Yes, looks like the B5 stamp was the problem.

Oh well, you live and learn!!

I don't know where you come from. But in most Western countries, you'd get a phone call explaining that you'd done something wrong and they'd tell you how to remedy the situation. But in Thailand, nothing happens, the clock just keeps ticking, they are hoping that you won't care and that they will be able to keep the package. Assume that these people are idiots, and avoid their services as much as possible. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

I don't know where you come from. But in most Western countries, you'd get a phone call explaining that you'd done something wrong and they'd tell you how to remedy the situation.

No you won't. Try underpaying taxes in the US. You will not get a friendly call from the IRS explaining that you owe them $xyz. What you will get is a red marked letter asking for $xyz + $2000 penalty + interest + a brochure explaining the nice things they can do to delinquents.

I know because I found out the hard way. I forked up my return but it wasn't intentional. The IRS didn't care. Rules are rules. My responsibility to comply. Same with the 10b. stamp rule. It's clearly there in English right top of the Imm info page.

13 minutes ago, Why Me said:

No you won't. Try underpaying taxes in the US. You will not get a friendly call from the IRS explaining that you owe them $xyz. What you will get is a red marked letter asking for $xyz + $2000 penalty + interest + a brochure explaining the nice things they can do to delinquents.

I know because I found out the hard way. I forked up my return but it wasn't intentional. The IRS didn't care. Rules are rules. My responsibility to comply. Same with the 10b. stamp rule. It's clearly there in English right top of the Imm info page.

Appreciate your comment. But I wasn't really talking about taxes. If you're too cheap to use an accountant then that's on you. I suspect that most countries around the globe are militant about people trying to cheat by underpaying their taxes.

As an example of what I was talking about, my partner applied to have her driving licence (in the UK)  renewed and apparently her photo didn't meet with their guidelines. So instead of just ignoring her (Thai style), the DVLA phoned her and asked her to send a new photo, problem solved.

Are they really that brutal about taxes in the US? I've never lived there so I don't know.

Edited by BenDeCosta

1 hour ago, BenDeCosta said:

Are they really that brutal about taxes in the US? I've never lived there so I don't know.

They are. And I am sure they are too in the UK.. Mommy doesn't work for the Govt.

My return stamp was only B5 and it was never returned to me (waiting nearly 9 weeks now).

I put a short cover note, in Thai, asking them to only return the slip and no other photocopies.

It looks like they have run out of space at the office to keep all the paperwork, so they are returning all copies with the slip.