Eight Thai national footballers and officials infected with COVID-19

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Link, please? 

How do you know fully vaccinated people are testing positive in quarantine. Numbers of infected people in quarantine are posted every day, and the numbers are tiny. And only some in quarantine are vaccinated, because they don't break out the numbers of vaccinated people, we don't know how many are infected. 

Here is in Australia. I will try and find the article for you. 
it’s also not limited to specific vaccines. 
what is it you think vaccines do ? 

1 minute ago, Swimfan said:

Here is in Australia. I will try and find the article for you. 
it’s also not limited to specific vaccines. 
what is it you think vaccines do ? 

Vaccines can have a prophylactic effect. Or they can suppress infections immediately. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Vaccines can have a prophylactic effect. Or they can suppress infections immediately. 

There are several recent breakthrough cases in Singapore already mainly to front line workers in marine, aviation as well as health sectors. They are inoculated with Pfizer mostly, if not moderna. Singapore reported each cases as well as a recent study of the variant of the virus they were infected with so my understanding is the new variants are much more transmissible and we probably are looking at annual booster shots for the vaccine to be more effective.

59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are assuming that these footballers have been vaccinated. They may have declined the jab. 

Hard to say if they were as part of the vaccinating of Thai teams that has been undertaken.  I found an article that the Futsal team has been vaccinated, but when I looked further in regards to the Thai football team I could find nothing except a news article in the nation that says no players tested positive, but then that article is from May 1st.  So in the space of 8 days 8 players became positive.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Three members, two male and one female, of the Thai national soccer teams and five officials were found infected with COVID-19 on Friday and arrangements have been made to have them sent for medical treatment, according to the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).

Let's hope there's no domino effect then .. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are assuming that these footballers have been vaccinated. They may have declined the jab. 

I imagine an international footballer declining a jab is pretty much destroying their overseas career , don't you ? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Now you are getting into semantics. 

But, yes, some vaccines have a prophylactic effect. 

Please do elaborate on how you believe this prophylactic effect functions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Did it not work? 

Health young footballers only worry is giving it to old people. 

Isn't there a risk of long term lung damage even  with mild symptoms. In football at a national level, a small reduction in lung capacity will make you uncompetitive.  "long hauler" still suffer from shortness of breath a  year after recovering from COVID.  Also in India qute a number of people have been dying in their 20s.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lujanit said:

Sinovac had an efficacy rate of 50.4% during trials.  What the effectiveness is in the wild no one knows yet.  There is a difference between efficacy (% rate during trials) and effectiveness (% in the wild).  A lot of people get the two mixed up.

Sinovac had 67% efficacy in Chilean tests - https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/chinas-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-67-effective-preventing-symptomatic-infection-2021-04-16/

Indonesia found 65% efficacy in tests - https://apnews.com/article/beijing-clinical-trials-coronavirus-pandemic-china-coronavirus-vaccine-ac30beade16b1b00e26660cadcb3c468

Disappointment for the sinophobes.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In their own words:

Due to targeted mRNA optimization, our vaccine is able to induce high levels of protein production within the cells.

In other words, it creates an immune system response to a virus that has already entered the body. Thus, it is not "semantics", as you stated previously. There is no such thing as a vaccine that prevents the virus from entering your body.