First case of Indian COVID-19 variant detected in a Thai mother and her 4-year old son

snoop1130

lol Far Flung Falang i remember at the start of the pandemic in the uk and our top Scientist claimed " We will be lucky " to avoid 20 thousand Death's sadly he was wrong it is according to today's date 128 thousand Dead from Covid.

20 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

However, it's probably already spread here, brought by the illegal boarder crossers. 

In this morning's Cambodian media, and for reference (11 May):-

"More than 15,300 foreign nationals from Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao have been arrested in Thailand for illegal entry. Of these, a third or 5,114 are from Cambodia"

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50854557/more-than-5000-cambodians-detained-for-illegal-entry-into-thailand/

1 hour ago, fleccer said:

No I'm not a covid denier, of course I believe that the virus exists, but I don't believe in the anxious narrative spread by the media 24/7. Now I'll ask you a question: are you perhaps a covidiot? No offense, this term wasn't coined by me, but it has been applied to all those who blindly believe in this narrative without asking questions, without asking the why of things. Well, me and many others have this bad habit, we always asking the why

Maybe if you followed the more reliable media you'd understand things better.  The media just report what's going on.  And their reports would help you understand the "why".

No I'm not a covid denier, of course I believe that the virus exists, but I don't believe in the anxious narrative spread by the media 24/7. Now I'll ask you a question: are you perhaps a covidiot? No offense, this term wasn't coined by me, but it has been applied to all those who blindly believe in this narrative without asking questions, without asking the why of things. Well, me and many others have this bad habit, we always asking the why

It's a pity you're so indiscriminating about from where and from whom you get the answers from. I find that it's almost invariably true that those who claim that they are independently seeking answers are in fact looking for answers that support their prejudices and gravitate to websites that the can rely on to confirm those prejudices.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When the borders open fully, and i'm not just talking about Thailand, every Covid variant out there will enter.

The only problem now is how to deal with it i.e vaccinations, quarantines,etc.

I certainly hope Thailand opens it's borders and bars soon as i'm a selfish kind of guy (why not be) but i'm afraid there's a very good chance my observations will turn out correct.

IF i wanted to go to Thailand.

I need a COE, FTF paper from doc, visa, health insurance for covid and 2 days prior to flying a covid test !

Of course after all that and arrive, i need to go to jail for 14 days paying it myself.

Ok im not Asian, Im dirty farang.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

IF i wanted to go to Thailand.

I need a COE, FTF paper from doc, visa, health insurance for covid and 2 days prior to flying a covid test !

Of course after all that and arrive, i need to go to jail for 14 days paying it myself.

Ok im not Asian, Im dirty farang.

Apparently, you are laboring under the delusion that it's only farangs who are subject to these requirement? Anyway, since you feel yourself to be so unwelcome here, why bother to come?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Maybe if you followed the more reliable media you'd understand things better.  The media just report what's going on.  And their reports would help you understand the "why".

I noticed that you are working hard to support the dominant narrative, that lead me to think bad things about you. But I inform you that the wind is changing

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fleccer said:

I noticed that you are working hard to support the dominant narrative, that lead me to think bad things about you. But I inform you that the wind is changing

We've read this class of prognostication before many times by those on the extreme edge. What distinguishes these predictions is the reluctance of their promulgators to share specifics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

There is a 50/50 possibility depending upon how well there own immune systems are doing.  They could always become asymptomatic and never progress to having symptoms.  The mother and the 4 year old, what type of Government location are they in, is it just a quarantine center, a Field hospital, or ?, but then the story leaves out those line items.  

If they tested positive they should be in a field hospital 

Not a denier but still a conspiracy theorist. Enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Apparently, you are laboring under the delusion that it's only farangs who are subject to these requirement? Anyway, since you feel yourself to be so unwelcome here, why bother to come?

Its just a fact.

The dominant narrative is right if you follow the proper media outlets. Sadly, there are many out there that propagate fake news. Social media being the worst.

What do you mean by the wind is changing?

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

The dominant narrative is right if you follow the proper media outlets. Sadly, there are many out there that propagate fake news. Social media being the worst.

What do you mean by the wind is changing?

The source of the truth has spoken. However I believe that everyone has the right to express their opinion freely without being disturbed and made fun of. Do you believe in the dominant narrative? Okay, but respect the opinions of others, you are  nobody so you have no authority to beat anyone. Keep your opinions and respect those of others, it's called democracy. What does it mean the wind is changing? Since you are so smart find out for yourself

14 minutes ago, fleccer said:

The source of the truth has spoken. However I believe that everyone has the right to express their opinion freely without being disturbed and made fun of. Do you believe in the dominant narrative? Okay, but respect the opinions of others, you are  nobody so you have no authority to beat anyone. Keep your opinions and respect those of others, it's called democracy. What does it mean the wind is changing? Since you are so smart find out for yourself

Now your starting to bait people on the form with your statements such as "The source of the truth has spoken" and not answering a question that you turned and spun in a truly negative way at the poster who asked you the question.  You talk about your right to express your opinion without being disturbed, yet you continue to push a false narrative about a "Dominant Narrative"  You were asked to explain that statement as well as giving an answer to your comment  regarding the "Wind is changing".  Again you can agree not to disagree which is fine, but do not try and push a false narrative which there is no proof of, and if you think that covid and what is being discussed is a conspiracy to disturb and make fun of your views then once again by trying to put misinformation out there based upon your beliefs and without concrete evidence and verified links you are violating forms rules and Covid policies.  You need to look in the Covid section to understand better before you back yourself into a corner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Now your starting to bait people on the form with your statements such as "The source of the truth has spoken" and not answering a question that you turned and spun in a truly negative way at the poster who asked you the question.  You talk about your right to express your opinion without being disturbed, yet you continue to push a false narrative about a "Dominant Narrative"  You were asked to explain that statement as well as giving an answer to your comment  regarding the "Wind is changing".  Again you can agree not to disagree which is fine, but do not try and push a false narrative which there is no proof of, and if you think that covid and what is being discussed is a conspiracy to disturb and make fun of your views then once again by trying to put misinformation out there based upon your beliefs and without concrete evidence and verified links you are violating forms rules and Covid policies.  You need to look in the Covid section to understand better before you back yourself into a corner.

The defense attorney has arrived ,or the watchdog? I have not attacked anyone, I have only expressed opinions. I have been harassed. Self-defense, have you ever heard of it?

37 minutes ago, fleccer said:

Opinions are fine as long as they don't hurt others. Conspiracy theories and fake news hurts others.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Opinions are fine as long as they don't hurt others. Conspiracy theories and fake news hurts others.

Aside from the fact that I haven't talked about conspiracy theories, I've just said that I don't believe in current fiction, but what's your problem?
However, if the opinions you disagree with, hurt you, it means that you have trouble living with others. Everyone has their own opinions so get over it, and you'll sleep better

46 minutes ago, fleccer said:

Aside from the fact that I haven't talked about conspiracy theories, I've just said that I don't believe in current fiction, but what's your problem?
However, if the opinions you disagree with, hurt you, it means that you have trouble living with others. Everyone has their own opinions so get over it, and you'll sleep better

What current fiction?

• Like 2

Thailand will never be completely rid of Covid-19 and the numerous variants until the borders and not just the ports of entry are properly patrolled, monitored and the well known major ingress points properly secured & sealed.

That being said all serious hope rests with vaccination.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, Grusa said:

Thanks - very interesting, but I still don't see any reference to a report by Jonas Salk, or even any of his descendants!

So, the poster was imprecise by mentioning the creator of the vaccine rather than the Salk Institute that came after.