US man with Covid flees hospital because doctors wouldn't let him sleep with his Thai wife

webfact

On 5/7/2021 at 6:39 PM, Captain Monday said:

Good. It should be around 300 baht per day though, and cover comprehensive accident insurance and environmental improvements to make Thailand the premier destination in Asia.

7 hours ago, nausea said:

As I read it his wife, also with Covid, was in the same hospital but in a different room. How you consider the decision not to allow them to be together is up to you. Personally, I can't see any valid medical reason to deny that request, but I'm not a doctor. Certainly, his decision to go home in a huff was a bit of an overreaction; maybe if they'd explained to him exactly why it wasn't a good idea all this could've been avoided.  I do know that Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, requires you to have a Thai person stay with you if you want a private room. If I was a cynical person I might suspect that getting the Farang to pay for two rooms, rather than one, might be a motive, but I'm sure that wasn't the case here; no doubt, there are good medical reasons to keep covid patients separated.

Exactly all this berating ..

What would possibly be the problem with letting him stay with his wife ?.His problem was being diagnosed , and they should be allowed to self isolate in their home .

How many have done this already really ?  In the very least just let him stay with her , he had been previously obviously , little or no harm done .

Some of the judgemental responses Jezzzzz , let he who has not sinned ...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Its I LOVE YOU.  wow. Dont you have google or a gf that watches youtube?  Everyone knows this sign 

image.jpeg.bc04707c9fd4afe6132cacffe5171cfe.jpeg

You didn't follow the discussion. We're talking about two different hand signs.

Although right now I'm thinking of a third 555...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, covidiot said:

hail satan?

my god, how many more covid stories do we have to be tortured with?

And yet you just had to not only click on it and read it but leave a comment as well, achieving maximum engagement in social media.

Seems schizo.

Hail saitan, I'm hungry, I say.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Which is surprising as it's the Thai governments Chinese ally that invented COVID.

Any reason given why he couldn't share a hospital room with his wife?

Normal Thai hospital policy is to insist a relative shares your room.

Agree, I can understand if he had COVID and his wife didn't, but if they both have it I can't see the logic of separating them.

Perhaps the hospital has a no-bonking policy.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

Still waiting on the medical reason why they were separated. Sometimes Thailand just drives you crazy. Having lived here for 10 years plus, sometimes you just have to put your personal feelings in abeyance. Still remember when I was on a drip in hospital, went  to immigration with all the paperwork, and they still charged me for reporting late. Yeah, I went a bit crazy, didn't help much though.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

He has been ordered into a hospital, (in accordance with the law) but his wife, who also has Covid has not. Why not? 

Are they not aware that the wife can also pass on the virus to the relatives and neighbours?

As I read it, his wife IS in the hospital.

The same hospital.

But a different room, and he wanted to share her room, and that was the cause of the dispute. (Not in any way justifying him walking out).

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As I read it, his wife IS in the hospital.

The same hospital.

But a different room, and he wanted to share her room, and that was the cause of the dispute. (Not in any way justifying him walking out).

Yes, you're quite right Sheryl it was me who did the misreading. Although I did had some empathy with him. I hate being in hospitals!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rott said:
7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Well, both the US and the UK seem to have a lot of selfish covidiots.

The numbers prove it.

Why can't they be told? Entitled?

Another racist post. Obviously both countries need more big-headed, loudmouthed know-it-alls not unlike yourself. 

White folks from the UK and US are of the same race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

Yeah, I was confused why he pulled the race card out as well? Didn't make any sense.

You are interested in making sense now. Insulting people because of their nationality is racist. Ask a fenian. 

39 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Better the both of them self quarantine at home.  Save a hospital bed and save them money.

These sort of entitled people who think rules are not for them are the reason we need rules in place.

I can't see him following procedures if left to his own devices.

Deport and blacklist the idiot.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Comical isnt it, most posters on here spend a lot of their time having a go at British people, yet here it is an American idiot.????

Somebody should remind him where he is, not home in the land of the free.????

I find it funny too, but reverse most posters on here spend a lot of their time having a go at Americans by Brits. but you are right this American is for sure an idiot I think even in the land of free his wish wouldn't have been permitted either?????

• Like 1

Idiots all over the world but this is one prime example. The finger pointing was a fine example of his arrogance and contempt. Embarrassment for all of us living here.

His Nationality, US, sorry you guys, you've got the limelight on this one, but it could easily have been any other, I've seen Australians acting like idiots, UK, Europeans, Asians and Thai's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Well, both the US and the UK seem to have a lot of selfish covidiots.

The numbers prove it.

Why can't they be told? Entitled?

Because of one nutter you denigrate two nations as having many idiots. That is where the "race card" came from. 

If you do not see that as a racist slur, that is your problem. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rott said:

Because of one nutter you denigrate two nations as having many idiots. That is where the "race card" came from. 

If you do not see that as a racist slur, that is your problem. 

One countries leader was suggesting bleach injections, some malaria drug, critised people who wore masks and ended up with the most covid deaths worldwide. Ignored the medical advice and contracted covid personally.

The other walked around covid wards in hospitals shaking hands with everyone, told people to cop it on the chin. Ignored medical advice and contracted covid personally.

Nothing to do with the racecard mate. 

It is called common sense.