Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

3 minutes ago, chrisbangkok said:

Isn't there a song .."Gypsies (dirty Farangs i.e. not many allowed permanent residency) tramps and thieves" , didn't realise it was written by a Thai minister . Almost back of the queue boys but do please continue to spend here wont you , if you survive. 

I'm sure all those that observe the rules will service ,don't worry. 

53 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

WHAT? Thailand get your LIES straight!!!!!!!!!!! August is along way from JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we are WHITE DEVILS so it doesn't matter if we die while the local population is being vaccinated?

RED ALERT that is RACISM! The world is watching and hearing your bigotry!

Foreigners is not exclusively white. That's a rather bigoted view. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Tried earlier this week......no go.......I was told it is still illegal to register foreigners for a vaccine........although they might have list of those interested?

In Huay Yai district (Pattaya area) foreigners could register today to get vaccinated from next month : http://huayyai.go.th/detail.php?id=2812

You can read "thai & foreigners" from 18 yo up:

image.png.589d7f96b481dcf26a44d3ae17d22bb3.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just vaccinate people as they show up? 

Simple answer, STATISTICS. As on of your countrymen once said, 'There are lies, damned lies and Statistics. So, you can see why these people need them.

1 hour ago, J Beth said:

I’m hoping we can have a choice for a vaccine soon, somehow. 
There’s a high risk for blood clots in the Thai one. Idk about anyone else here but I can’t take that risk. 

the Thai Astrozenica has passed both EU and US approval. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

It seems very obvious to all of us that this Government really has no idea what its doing or any clear timeline for doing it  The PM (Prayuth)& Deputy PM (Anutin) should both resign and leave politics forever . IMO .

Only the two? It requires a new deck not just a reshuffle.

20 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Theres plenty rich people turned to a tramps life style. Look up the person who wrote the poem. What is this life if full of care . Poem "Leisure " see what one misses in life

What one misses in life? A vaccine.

7 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just booked for june 9th,and i am a dirty falang.

I have ten rooms with a shower you can take your pick from. Unfortunately, the rest are in use???? 

• Confused 1

I don't see why there is a problem with some Thai people not wanting the vaccine, and if there is it shouldn't be difficult to resolve. Thai people love money, and they love a gamble. So, as one of the US states has done (Ohio ?),  every vaccination goes into a lottery. In the case of the US, the prize is 1 Million $. In fact, I think there are 5 prizes of that amount. Thais won't be able to resist it. In fact, they will probably go several times for vaccinations.

Thais first then most foreigners will be vaccinated later, possibly from August

ประชาชนฉีดวัคซีน-COVID-19.-1.jpg

The Thai government has promised to vaccinate all residents of Thailand, including non-Thai citizens, but priority will be given to citizens first and non-citizens will possibly have to wait until August to register for vaccination, according to government officials.

“Thailand has a policy to vaccinate everyone in the country, to achieve herd immunity. There is no distinction between Thais and foreigners. The Thai government will provide vaccines to everyone in Thailand,” Bangkok City Hall’s Health Department Director Panruedee Manomaipiboon said in an online press conference yesterday (Thursday).

“The (Public Health) Ministry is planning to vaccinate Thai nationals first, otherwise they may question why they have not yet received it, when they are Thai,” said Panruedee.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thais-first-then-most-foreigners-will-be-vaccinated-later-possibly-from-august-2/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-14

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

It seems very obvious to all of us that this Government really has no idea what its doing or any clear timeline for doing it  The PM (Prayuth)& Deputy PM (Anutin) should both resign and leave politics forever . IMO .

in any country but T

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Foreigners is not exclusively white. That's a rather bigoted view. 

But Chinese are already being vaccinated by agreement with the government.

Is that racist yet, Eric Low?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next, reported Spring News

Hard to believe this is not from a satire site like The Onion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Our only hope is that Thais freak out, refuse the vaccine and the junta are left with millions of vaccines on the shelf.

Wow, that makes me feel so much better. 

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

But Chinese are already being vaccinated by agreement with the government.

Is that racist yet, Eric Low?

Not me. You barking up a wrong tree. Even in China it's not mandatory. Twice wrong. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

Never watched The Real McCoys or The Waltons?

I can remember the Clampits, does that qualify? I'm a lot older than 65 and its a new one on me.

Good question. Thanks for bringing it up. 

I'm currently organizing a group who will consider a conference to look into organizing a focus group that can recommend proper steps to form a committee that may make solid recommendations to an elected panel that will canvas representatives in order to .......... 

Well, anyway, I'll get back to you when the plan solidifies into an action group which can consider.......it's very complex and I don't think you would understand. 

Look man, why do you have to ask such complicated and annoying questions? 

Just trust the government and keep your bl**ding pie hole shut. 

• Haha 2

Good question. Thanks for bringing it up. 

I'm currently organizing a group who will consider a conference to look into organizing a focus group that can recommend proper steps to form a committee that may make solid recommendations to an elected panel that will canvas representatives in order to .......... 

Well, anyway, I'll get back to you when the plan solidifies into an action group which can consider.......it's very complex and I don't think you would understand. 

Look man, why do you have to ask such complicated and annoying questions? 

Just trust the government and keep your bl**ding pie hole shut.