More VAX disappointment: PM Prayut puts the brakes on walk-in centers

webfact

49 minutes ago, Millcx said:

UK must have got it wrong with 90% of people covered .. I even went to hospital today for MRI scan and no mask ... Well done UK .. Time to hand back control to the people methinks

Except the Indian variety has arrived there and is spreading fast. 

This all goes back to certain nationalistic premises and assumptions established in the second half of last year which were terribly flawed and mistaken, the consequences of which they are now locked into, and for which they will never take accountability. We each have to deal with it our own way as best we can.

1 hour ago, Mike k said:

My wife made the comment about how many times this idiot changes his mind in a year I told her he can't go a day without changing his mind 

Luckily for Thailand, while he was head of the military there wasn't any real military conflict to be sorted out - - can you just imagine the utter confusion as Napoleon ran it from well back from the front. 

• Like 1

Another flip flop, unbelievable, its appearing that the PM doesn't want to vaccinate the population or that the AZ production in Thailand was all a dream, and it ain't going to happen,  

It's about time this Government was voted out.... 

Walk in centers are not a great idea... initially. Some states in the US tried this. It was a clusterf*ck with lines, miles long. After everyone that wanted a jab, got one through registration, walk in centers help the remaining get a jab more easily.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Yes Yingluck was innocent after all that so the election was even more unjustified lies. That injustice aside this guy is completely useless.

Come on, You're a Yingluck enthusiast? The woman was completely incompetent and the military stepped in as the nation sled to anarchy. I saw corruption elimated at every level. The Nation of Thailand was a pigsty. He tackled entrenched corruption when he arrived. I saw big results and that's why I've always supported him. 

There's a lot on the line here. I hope they get it right soon. I believe they can. 

I'd like to see vaccine sold at all hospitals. 

• Sad 1

They know they have limited supply.  Maybe he knows more about how the local production is progressing or not???   Just keep saying things for the next 6 months until you can buy some cheap vaccines us all they are doing.  Trying to sound like they are trying and so people forget how somehow vaccines were not planned for for the little people. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Walk in centers are not a great idea... initially. Some states in the US tried this. It was a clusterf*ck with lines, miles long. After everyone that wanted a jab, got one through registration, walk in centers help the remaining get a jab more easily.

Where I live, walk-in has only been available for a month or so.  Daily doses have dropped from about 80,000 to 45,000.  There's a one month supply of vaccine, so people aren't scrambling.  Shots are available for ages 12 and up.  It's taken 5 months to get to this point - 48% have had at least one shot.

image.png

"Some will argue that there is more behind the decision to apply the brakes, namely the availability of vaccine, notes Thaivisa."

We need to see more pent up demand for the Siam BioSciences profit margins, don't we? Thai duty to wait and pay the right person...

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

Come in droves etc. what an absolute load of bat sh 1 t, make if available each day to those who's birthday coincided with the days date. Wasn't too difficult a problem to solve. 

Those with birthdates May 18 and prior might dislike the solution.

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

Come on, You're a Yingluck enthusiast? The woman was completely incompetent and the military stepped in as the nation sled to anarchy. I saw corruption elimated at every level. The Nation of Thailand was a pigsty. He tackled entrenched corruption when he arrived. I saw big results and that's why I've always supported him. 

There's a lot on the line here. I hope they get it right soon. I believe they can. 

I'd like to see vaccine sold at all hospitals. 

oh dear

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Luckily for Thailand, while he was head of the military there wasn't any real military conflict to be sorted out - - can you just imagine the utter confusion as Napoleon ran it from well back from the front. 

He'd surrender like they did to the Japanese in WW2 

18 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Only 8 AM and the first U turn of the day reported, keep 'em coming we all love a cheer up ???? How is he going to get 70 per cent of Bkk vaccinated in 2 months at this rate?

Doses may be diverted to the people that walked in already and can't leave for a few years. 

But the good news is that they will not have to go to jail for refusing a vaccination. 

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A giant Flop backwards.  Why is he so against a walk-in center? Is their not enough sinovac vaccine to go around here in Bangkok.  Someone seems to be a little over controlling in my book.  Lets roll out the vaccine, lets put Viral posters on the news and in ads showing the vaccine is safe and all Thai's must do their part, yet lets also just Sslloowwllyy roll out a vaccine to those that really want it.  I think he is afraid there will be few that show up and then vaccine will be wasted and need to be tossed in the bin, or better yet he is wanting the mor prom app up and running so that when folks sign up and then do not show up he can have them arrested.  So tired of this fricking game these folks are playing.  Looking at booking a flight back to the US, getting vaccinated and then returning after taking care of some personal business I have placed on hold before returning here and doing a 14 day quarantine again even though vaccinated.  Ugh, what a true fool this man and his fellow government officials are, well thats my opinion.  YMMV

Absolutely the man is delusional obviously he’s delaying this for a pathetic strange reason ???????????????????? he needs to take a huge leaf out of the uk my country who is doing the best at vaccinating the country 

15 hours ago, Spellforce said:

But why ALL ambassies/consulates in Thailand are not giving NOW vaccines for free to all their citizens in a country where the 3rd wave is booming ?

They are not in the game of providing medical services for their citizens overseas... never have been. Some struggle to even do more than supply you with the name of a lawyer while you rot in jail. They struggled to support their citizens in their efforts to get extension of their stays here. 

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They could harvest the data it throws up for "registration purposes"!

I'm sure the server would crash in the first few hours.

Data would be lost never to be found again.

Two u-turns means you're going round in circles.

None of us suggested that walk-in vaccination centers were a great idea NOW.

It was prayut and anutin who suggested these initially.

At this point maybe put thamanat in charge of vaccinations; he seems capable of importing things, and gettin' things done?