High-rise apartment vent issue

We live on the 24th floor in BKK high-rise and whenever it rains heavily, one of the sinks gives some gurgling sound which means there is an issue with the air in the drain pipes. Air normally should be supplied through the vent system, so either the vents are blocked, or they weren't correctly installed. Have you came across with issues like this? As well as I noticed that several apartments smell like sewage which means that the p-traps are empty and the vent is not strong enough to pull and release all the gases.

When it rains in my village, usually the internet goes out first (almost immediately), and if it persists, the electricity goes off as well. Consider yourself lucky.

When I lived in Pinklao, Bangkok, we also used to get sounds from the sink during heavy rain. Probably caused by the rush of a huge amount rainwater creating a syphon effect in your waste pipes and sucking air in. I don't think there's much you can do about it.

It is because there is no venting of the pipes. Typical in Thailand.

Problems with Plumbing Vent Pipes?  

When plumbing air vents or vent stacks do not work properly, neither will your home’s plumbing drainage system. If you hear gurgling sounds coming from your drains, see standing water in your sink or bathtub, or notice a slow drain in the bathroom or kitchen, a blocked vent may be the issue. 

When a plumbing vent pipe or vent stack is blocked, negative pressure builds up in drainage pipes and water flow is interrupted. Though you may have success clearing a clogged drain yourself, stoppages will continue to occur if a blocked vent is the culprit. 

Ongoing stoppages and slow-flowing drains can lead to sediment forming inside the drain pipes. This can further damage your plumbing system and may result in hefty pipe repair or replacement costs down the road. 

Edited by Don Chance

To my knowledge there is  no separate vent system on grey water.

There is on brown water. Without the vent on brown water toilets would never clear.

When it rains the floor drains on balconies are working at full.

This can cause a low pressure zone inside the grey water pipework. More so at the top of the building than say the 1st floor. The water has to fall from top to bottom. Gravity will ensure that this  water accelerates as it descends.

The grey water system needs an input of air.

This air-in your case-is coming from your sink.

The floor drains are still busy at this point-they cannot supply the necessary air.

It could empty the water in the U bend.

• Thanks 1