Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

webfact

The event comes as many foreigners of different nationalities living in Thailand are asking:

They just can't help themselves.... web fact has Bigots writing for them too! 

....as many people of different nationalities.....    

But we don't label the Chinese as Foreigners....  We fact actually calls Chinese; Chinese....   amazing!

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

About the same time as the US embassy will vaccinate US citizens 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

It's personal choice for any citizen to travel abroad. It is not within their government's remit to coddle them and help them out whenever they fail to pay their medical bills, "lose" their money, commit crimes, repatriate them when many do not want to be repatriated! Government's will help in cases of dire stress and it's impractical and stupid to think otherwise!

China, of course, does not have any political and financial encroachment on any country -- does it!

What on earth are you going on about? Being locked up in a hotel for 14 days is not persons choice but government decision 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

would be faster for the 1st jab to change your nationality to "Chinese"

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, JeezeLooeze said:

I also note that both the Chinese vaccines Sinovac (CoronaVac) or Sinopharm (BIBP) are 'traditional' inactivated type vaccines and not the new mRNA gene therapy vaccines that use the as-yet untested viral vector mRNA technology  adopted by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca or Sputnik V. If I was to ever to get a vaccine I would only get it after this current "experimental" test stage was over and only use the tried and tested Inactivated vaccine type only and not the viral vector mRNA type.

Fake news. AZ isn't a mRNA vaccine.

Delete your post.

Simple reference: https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/emea/four-types-covid-19-vaccine-snapshot

Fake news, delete your post.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Owns Ford Car, Ex Bar Owner

• Like 1

How Ironic !! China is allowed to vaccinate its citizens here but the UK, Australia and the

USA is Not.  A call 2 weeks ago to the Aussie Embassy in Bangkok confirmed that Thailand

would Not give permission to have them vaccinate their own citizens here.

Why ?  The Loss of Face would likely be the no. 1 guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Probably approved soon:-

The executive commission also proposed permitting EU member nations to decide individually whether to allow in travelers immunized with vaccines approved by the World Health Organisation for emergency use, which include the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine.

Adding to the above ... So far, only Hungary has done this, approving the Russian Sputnik V, Chinese Sinopharm and Convidecia, and Indian Covishield vaccines.

Those that say Chinese and Russian vaccines do not permit travel in the EU are just bare faced liars. Hungary is in the EU and its residents have the same travel rights and restrictions as all EU nationals.

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

It does not say that the Chinese government are vaccinating their citizens.

It does say that, that's exactly what it says...

"A vaccination program for the Chinese has begun in Bangkok.

A total of 100,000 Chinese living in Thailand who are registered with the Chinese embassy will be getting priority over everyone else". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mberbae said:

How Ironic !! China is allowed to vaccinate its citizens here but the UK, Australia and the

USA is Not.  A call 2 weeks ago to the Aussie Embassy in Bangkok confirmed that Thailand

would Not give permission to have them vaccinate their own citizens here.

Why ?  The Loss of Face would likely be the no. 1 guess.

One would have thought Aussies in Thailand were perfectly capable of making their own vaccination arrangements!

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It does say that, that's exactly what it says...

"A vaccination program for the Chinese has begun in Bangkok.

A total of 100,000 Chinese living in Thailand who are registered with the Chinese embassy will be getting priority over everyone else". 

Totally wrong.

The Chinese government are not administering the vaccination process, the Thai government is -  they are simply buying priority for it's registered citizens.

Vaccination programmes always have been, and always will be, the responsibility of the host nation.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Unfortunately the aussie embassy is too lazy to even contemplate doing that.

Of course they are not going to contemplate anything unless people start demanding it, but even if they pretend doing something don't expect much result.

Here is an extract from the email they sent me last year after the survey for repatriation flights from India (yes, there was a survey like this):

"The other primary reason is cost of these flights. As you know the Australian Government’s policy precludes assisted departures. That policy is consistent with the flights organised by other Governments, which have required payment. To be clear this payment is for cost recovery purposes only and ‘commercial’ in this sense does not refer to a profit.

The survey results were very clear on this point, with only 126 of the over 3,100 respondents indicating they are willing to pay over $3,000 for the return flight.

Taking this into account, we have been negotiating with multiple commercial airlines, all of which so far have quoted well above that price range. We have also considered options such as a charter to a nearby hub, where people could on book to other flights to Australia."

So they were claiming it would be way more than $3000 pp for one way ticket from India to Australia for a full plane.

In the end I managed to hop on a British flight to London,  which was less than $1100. Other EU countries were evacuating their citizens for around 500 Euro per person. Even the Russians, Ukrainians and Belorussians got flights back home within a month.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

One would have thought Aussies in Thailand were perfectly capable of making their own vaccination arrangements!

That's not so easy at all. Travel back to Australia is severely restricted, so we either have to vaccinate here, or rely on a 3rd country to let us in, and allow us to vaccinate. If we travel to another country, the second jab is a couple of weeks after the first, so we have to hang around there waiting for it, and then come back and do 14 days quarantine.

I'm scheduled for a Sinovac jab next week, but Samui is well supplied with vaccines and I'm under 60. People in other areas may have to wait for months.

• Thanks 1

Good news for Thailand but China has an enormous problem to vaccinate its own population as fear Covid will again recur in China probably uncontrollable which could delay tourism from China for a very long time  

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Swiss embassy: we can not export vaccine to other countries. Would breach contract with suppliers. Might comprise further supply.

-----

Don't bother us!

Money before public health.  Corporations before the people.  Hail Plutocracy!

39 minutes ago, peter2186 said:

There is a background to this, a Chinese national living in Chiang Mai went to a hospital for a (Chinese) vaccination. he was refused and told Thai's first. He then went viral in China's social media complaining about the treatment he received and the Chinese Government reacted by instructing the embassies to ensure that Chinese nationals were registered and given the vaccine. This was last week I believe.  

I find it appalling that any mention of China immediately unleashes a torrent of Sinophobic comments and as a Brit I wish my government would react as well as the hated authoritarian CCP, who actually seem more concerned with their citizens than any western government

And on the subject of Sinovac and Sinopharm, both are very good and oddly enough Astra Zeneca and Sputnik V are also good, Sputnik Light looks promising as well  - but we seem to be led down a geopolitical path and all attention is given to Moderna and Pfizer, in fact if you google which is the best vaccine the selection is somewhat limited to western products, this obviously helps swell their coffers.

I don't think that story is true. This is part of a larger Chinese program.

Coronavirus: 150,000 Chinese in Thailand start getting vaccinated; Singapore steps up testing

China’s official People’s Daily newspaper says more than 500,000 Chinese citizens in more than 120 countries have benefited from the “Spring Sprout” vaccine programme since it was launched in March.

Coronavirus: 150,000 Chinese in Thailand start getting vaccinated; Singapore steps up testing | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, peter2186 said:

There is a background to this, a Chinese national living in Chiang Mai went to a hospital for a (Chinese) vaccination. he was refused and told Thai's first. He then went viral in China's social media complaining about the treatment he received and the Chinese Government reacted by instructing the embassies to ensure that Chinese nationals were registered and given the vaccine. This was last week I believe.  

I find it appalling that any mention of China immediately unleashes a torrent of Sinophobic comments and as a Brit I wish my government would react as well as the hated authoritarian CCP, who actually seem more concerned with their citizens than any western government

And on the subject of Sinovac and Sinopharm, both are very good and oddly enough Astra Zeneca and Sputnik V are also good, Sputnik Light looks promising as well  - but we seem to be led down a geopolitical path and all attention is given to Moderna and Pfizer, in fact if you google which is the best vaccine the selection is somewhat limited to western products, this obviously helps swell their coffers.

Pfizer and Moderna both also happen to be the only mRNA vaccines that have cleared Phase 3 trials. Lots more are in the works including those from China. It seems to be a superior technology. Much faster and better suited for adapting to new variants of viruses.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WineOh said:

In fact, this makes sense.

Vaccines should be given to nationals of foreign countries at their respective embassies.

Why not?

Last I looked there were only around 50,000 brits registered living in Thailand.

They could do us all within a week at the embassy in BKK, its big enough!

Where are you, Brian? ????

Brian,,,,, Gone with the wind, to pastures new!