Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Re Richard Barrow's vaccine appointment cancellation, that was before the new June 7 start date for foreigner vaccine registrations was announced.

It was a special registration for teachers prior to scheduled start of classroom study June 1 - which has now been delayed 2 weeks - and probably will not happen in June.  Only the foreign teachers shot appointments were canceled.  

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It was a special registration for teachers prior to scheduled start of classroom study June 1 - which has now been delayed 2 weeks - and probably will not happen in June.  Only the foreign teachers shot appointments were canceled.  

Yes, my point was... their appointments were NOT made under the newly announced June 7 and onward vaccine registration scheme specifically for foreign nationals...

So people here should not take what happened with Richard and cohorts as some evidence that the June 7 scheme either isn't going to work or is going to result in canceled appointments because the people holding them are foreigners.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:06 PM, Mavideol said:

sure, no problem, you have 3 choices :  1- Sinovac,  2- Sinovac and 3- Sinovac, which one you chose  555

FWIW, the staff at Vimut Hospital in BKK have said that foreigners registering thru their site will be receiving the AZ vaccine.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:04 PM, Mavideol said:

I will wait until July ..... because the smart "a.. " said so  555

Thailand expects up to 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine from July

"Pfizer is coming," health minister Anutin Charnvirankul posted on his Facebook page.

"We expect to receive 10 to 20 million doses," he wrote.

1. Despite the headline, the timeframe of actual arrival for Pfizer remains unclear. They've basically been talking about sometime in the second half of the year. And, I'm not sure the Thai government has even signed an actual legal contract agreement with Pfizer for the vaccines as yet.

2. From prior comments made by various government officials, it sounds like they're planning to use whatever Pfizer vaccines they acquire mostly or entirely on teenagers, which the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for.

I wouldn't count on Pfizer being a big player in the private hospitals, pay for vaccine scheme. From all indications thus far, that route is mainly going to involve Moderna...

But as with many things here, such details are subject to change.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:52 PM, Pib said:

I'm registered thru the Doctors Ready app (my Pink card worked for me)....selected my private hospital I have used a for a dozen years....only a 10 minute drive away....and I have already rescheduled (delayed) that jab once from mid June to late June in hopes of the Sinovac vaccine being used-up by then and only AstraZeneca being available.

I think one of the more interesting unanswered questions re the vaccinations process for foreigners, at this point, is what's going to happen in the future to whatever number of foreigner vaccination appointments were made via the Mor Prom app...

The government did say this past week that they had scuttled their previously announced plans to come up with a new or revised version of the app to allow foreigners to use it with their passport numbers...

And instead they are going with the hospital-based, onsite registration process for foreign nationals due to begin June 7.

They've been asked what's going to happen to all the prior Mor Prom vaccine registrations made more or less unofficially by foreigners. And thus far, no official answer has been forthcoming.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:07 PM, WaveHunter said:

I watched the latest briefing (on Saturday) and saw no mention about the foreigner app being cancelled.  The daily briefing was very in-depth about the current status of on-site registration in hospitals for foreigners even though (as the Spokesman explained) a lot of details have yet to be worked out. 

There was a somewhat oblique reference to that one day this past week... And then it was more explicitly stated by govt spokesman Khun Natapanu via his Twitter account that same day. The plans for an English language version, passport number based vaccine registration mobile app for foreigners are dead.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:07 PM, WaveHunter said:

Most of us fall in Category 3.  My question is what if you have never visited a hospital before, and thus have no health records on file at any hospital...what provisions will there be for us to register?  That question was not addressed in the Saturday briefing, but hopefully it will be in briefings over the next few days.

for folks with no medical history at any Thai hospital:

1. the government has said if you're in Bangkok, you can still register thru either the Bangrak or Vimut Hospital centers, regardless of medical history.

2. a bit less clear regarding those in the provinces...  Though I think anyone going to a local hospital now and basically getting their ID card via registration would put you in the ballgame. It's not like you have to have had surgery or something here in order to qualify for a vaccine under the government program.

But regarding the provinces, the one detail I keep hoping the government will clarify is whether the hospital vaccinations beginning June 7 will only be at GOVERNMENT hospitals, or also at PRIVATE ones. So far, AFAIK, they've never yet clarified about that.

The only thing I've heard re the provinces is.... the vaccine registrations for foreigners will be done at hospitals on a list to be issued by each provincial governors.... of which, AFAIK, no one has seen any such lists as yet.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, worgeordie said:

My daughter booked me in for the Astrazeneca vaccine

for 3 July,at the local government hospital, will just have

to stay safe until then......  P.S. she said if you get the Chinese

vaccine, China is the only place you can travel to, not EU, USA ? 

regards worgeordie

If you look at the current U.S. CDC website, they do still appear to have a process for unvaccinated American citizens to enter the U.S.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

And then they have a process for fully vaccinated people. And by their definition, fully vaccinated right now doesn't include those who have received the Sinovac vaccine, at least until/unless it is recognized by either the U.S. or the WHO.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. the government has said if you're in Bangkok, you can still register thru either the Bangrak or Vimut Hospital centers, regardless of medical history.

2. a bit less clear regarding those in the provinces...  Though I think anyone going to a local hospital now and basically getting their ID card via registration would put you in the ballgame. It's not like you have to have had surgery or something here in order to qualify for a vaccine under the government program.

But regarding the provinces, the one detail I keep hoping the government will clarify is whether the hospital vaccinations beginning June 7 will only be at GOVERNMENT hospitals, or also at PRIVATE ones. So far, AFAIK, they've never yet clarified about that.

The only thing I've heard re the provinces is.... the vaccine registrations for foreigners will be done at hospitals on a list to be issued by each provincial governors.... of which, AFAIK, no one has seen any such lists as yet.

Stop. The whole thing is a spin.

They do not have adequate supplies of vaccine.

Any expat should plan on waiting for private hospitals to obtain their own supply of vaccine. That will be late this year. It obviously will cost.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop. The whole thing is a spin.

They do not have adequate supplies of vaccine.

Any expat should plan on waiting for private hospitals to obtain their own supply of vaccine. That will be late this year. It obviously will cost.

Time will tell... Right now, this all hinges on the local supply of AZ vaccines beginning to arrive in June.  And on that detail, I think neither you nor I know exactly what's going to happen in the next couple weeks.

The other area for wiggle room is indeed... registering for a govt vaccine isn't necessarily the same thing as actually getting the vaccination.

I do expect they will begin doing foreign national vaccine registrations from June 7 onward as promised... But what the resulting actual vaccination dates will be from those registrations remains to be seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Time will tell... Right now, this all hinges on the local supply of AZ vaccines beginning to arrive in June.  And on that detail, I think neither you nor I know exactly what's going to happen in the next couple weeks.

Let me quote my Thai partner of 10 years when I ran all this past her.....

"Jack you here 10 year and you still so stupid. Thailand f##ed up what you no understand"

I ask ...."mean no vaccine in stock"

Her reply..."stop be stupid. No have".

I take her advice over daily paste of Thai threads.

BTW ...."hinges on local supply of AZ"...

That's a joke? 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AZ vaccines beginning to arrive in June.

You have been such an asset to these threads. Mean that.

So put up.....when is your guess date wise when you personally can receive your AZ jab.

My guess October. At best.

COVID-19 Vaccines In Thailand

As of 2 March 2021, COVID-19 vaccines available in Thailand include:

1. AstraZeneca vaccine: AstraZeneca vaccine is a viral vector vaccine that is proved in people aged over 18. AstraZeneca vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered 4-12 weeks apart from the first dose. It is for intramuscular (IM) injection only, preferably in the deltoid muscle.
  2. CoronaVac or SinoVac vaccine: CoronaVac or SinoVac vaccine is an inactivated vaccine recommended in people aged between 18-59. Similar to AstraZeneca vaccine, Sinovac vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered 2-4 weeks apart from the first dose. Route of administration is intramuscular (IM) injection only, preferably in the deltoid muscle. For those who live in high-risk zones, a two-week interval is advised since it proves the stronger antibody response in clinical trials
  3. Johnson and Johnson vaccine: Johnson and Johnson vaccine uses a shell of a virus to carry genetic material, DNA of SARS-CoV-2 virus into human cells, allowing for immunity against the virus. The shell has been modified so it can no longer replicate and cause disease. Unlike AtraZenaca and SinoVac vaccines, Johnson and Johnson vaccine is administered as a single dose via intramuscular route in the deltoid muscle.

Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines | Bangkok Hospital

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have been such an asset to these threads. Mean that.

So put up.....when is your guess date wise when you personally can receive your AZ jab.

My guess October. At best.

I have no idea... I'm in the process of pre-registering at Vimut Hospital in BKK, and should be getting a registration appointment date out of that process soon.  But what the resulting vaccination date might be, I have not the slightest clue....

And that's why, I'm not opining on that detail one way or the other for the time being... because any opinion would be pure speculation.  But I'm sure going to be interested to find out!!!

The answer to that vaccination date detail is going to weigh heavily on whether it makes any sense or not to wait further for the promised but not yet settled future arrival of the Moderna vaccine via the private hospitals/pay for vaccine route.

Should the AZ vaccine end up being as late as you're speculating..which at this point is pure speculation... then the Moderna vaccine via private hospitals also MIGHT have arrived by then... And then in that case, I'd probably opt to pay for the Moderna vaccine...

But I'm hoping that scenario won't come to pass, and I can get the AZ vaccine thru the government channel long before then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

COVID-19 Vaccines In Thailand

As of 2 March 2021, COVID-19 vaccines available in Thailand include:

1. AstraZeneca vaccine: AstraZeneca vaccine is a viral vector vaccine that is proved in people aged over 18. AstraZeneca vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered 4-12 weeks apart from the first dose. It is for intramuscular (IM) injection only, preferably in the deltoid muscle.
  2. CoronaVac or SinoVac vaccine: CoronaVac or SinoVac vaccine is an inactivated vaccine recommended in people aged between 18-59. Similar to AstraZeneca vaccine, Sinovac vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered 2-4 weeks apart from the first dose. Route of administration is intramuscular (IM) injection only, preferably in the deltoid muscle. For those who live in high-risk zones, a two-week interval is advised since it proves the stronger antibody response in clinical trials
  3. Johnson and Johnson vaccine: Johnson and Johnson vaccine uses a shell of a virus to carry genetic material, DNA of SARS-CoV-2 virus into human cells, allowing for immunity against the virus. The shell has been modified so it can no longer replicate and cause disease. Unlike AtraZenaca and SinoVac vaccines, Johnson and Johnson vaccine is administered as a single dose via intramuscular route in the deltoid muscle.

Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines | Bangkok Hospital

I think you missed quoting the part in that document where Bangkok Hospital was still saying they don't know when they'll get vaccines to provide to the public.

And as for the J&J vaccine, it's supposedly not part of any government vaccine program... But I've heard it has been used here by some private companies/private medical providers to vaccinate their staffs.... But I've never seen any actual official confirmation of that... The J&J vaccine here, thus far, is like a ghost when it comes to any official presence...

39 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think you missed quoting the part in that document where Bangkok Hospital was still saying they don't know when they'll get vaccines to provide to the public.

There are ample supplies of both Sinovac and AZ according to my local hospital to provide to the public.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There are ample supplies of both Sinovac and AZ according to my local hospital to provide to the public.

I was referring to this opening paragraph in the Bangkok Hospital document you quoted above:

"Please be informed that currently Bangkok Hospital cannot provide COVID-19 vaccination service. As soon as the vaccine is readily available, we will keep you updated."

For now, AFAIK, it remains somewhat unclear what role the various private hospitals, especially those in BKK, are going to play in the government's vaccination program... as opposed to the future private sector fee-based vaccinations program.

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For now, AFAIK, it remains somewhat unclear what role the various private hospitals, especially those in BKK, are going to play in the government's vaccination program... as opposed to the future private sector fee-based vaccinations program.

It's unclear if the private hospitals will take any part at all in the vaccination program.

The two private hospitals in my Province are not taking any registrations whatsoever.

The Government hospital told me they are aware some foreigners (and Thais) would prefer the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, which will not be free due to cost and these could indeed in the future also be offered by the Government hospitals for a cost.

The private hospitals don't appear to be getting their acts together.

The Government asked them to take registrations to give the Government a number to be ordered, but so far just how many, certainly not all, are not prepared to play the game.

The Government hospitals will be dispensing the Sinovac for the 18-59 age group, whilst those 60 and above will receive the AZ vaccine, so I'm told, but seeing is believing.

These will be offered free to all nationals currently in Thailand.

12 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I think you need to review the latest official statements regarding registration.  A lot of TVF posters seem to be saying they are registered to receive jabs in June 7, but this is contrary to what officials at the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) at Government House have been saying for the last week now.

The official daily CCSA briefings over the last week have made it clear numerous times that the MorProm app was only intended for Thai Nationals, and even though some Foreign Nationals managed to register with Pink Cards,, none of them will be getting vaccinated in June, and most likely, they will not even be officially registered for vaccination when they are made available to foreigners.

The CCSA has also made it clear that foreigners may not officially register (online or in-person) until June 7.  

I think it might be wise to play it safe and plan on registering on or after June 7, even if you think you already are.

Wavehunter, Thanks for this info, but there is so much contradictory information swirling around that I definitely still intend to go into the hospital on 7 Jun for my appointment. Then, I'll either get a vaccination or be told I can't. If that happens, and as you suggest, I'll just schedule another appointment whenever they are available.

I will say, however, that the current Mor Prom LINE app is specifically set up to take information from pink cards. It lists a pink card as a choice of ID and asks you for a number that is on the back of your card. It also asks you for your passport number and other details.

Now, it could be that the Mor Prom app itself (not the LINE app) does not check your status, only that you are registered on the LINE app, and then offers you a choice of appointments at the hospital you choose. However, I can say both of them display my name and all my other details in English.

Mor Prom Appointment 2021-06-07.jpg

Mor Prom Line Appointment.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billsmart said:

Wavehunter, Thanks for this info, but there is so much contradictory information swirling around that I definitely still intend to go into the hospital on 7 Jun for my appointment. Then, I'll either get a vaccination or be told I can't. If that happens, and as you suggest, I'll just schedule another appointment whenever they are available.

I will say, however, that the current Mor Prom LINE app is specifically set up to take information from pink cards. It lists a pink card as a choice of ID and asks you for a number that is on the back of your card. It also asks you for your passport number and other details.

Now, it could be that the Mor Prom app itself (not the LINE app) does not check your status, only that you are registered on the LINE app, and then offers you a choice of appointments at the hospital you choose. However, I can say both of them display my name and all my other details in English.

Hi BillSmart,

I totally agree with you that the situation is, at best, overwhelmingly confusing in regard to foreigner registration, but I only responded because in one of the CCSA briefing, the deputy Spokesman (who has a reputation for being for being transparent and very concise) addressed this very issue about foreigners who had "successfully" registered with the MorProm app using a Pink card.

He said in no uncertain terms that the app was only intended for Thai Nationals, and it was a mistake that foreigners had been allowed to register with their pink cards, and they therefore would not be included in the June inoculations.

Your course of action sounds proper; I would do the same thing.  Go for the jab on the 7th of June and if you are refused, you are already at the hospital on the first day of "official" registration so you can simply queue up for that...or maybe your original registration will still be valid, and the hospital staff can confirm that and let you know how you will be notified of a new jab date.

It's all so crazy how this rollout is going, but I guess it's understandable considering the complexity and the fact that officials are have no pre existing guidelines to follow.

Anyway, best of luck ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The thing that confused a lot of people is that those two hospitals listed in the Infographic (Vimut Hospital and Bangrak Health Center) are only the first hospitals the be designated for foreigners with no medical records on a file at a hospital, but by no means a complete list.

Many more hospitals throughout all of Thailand will be designated in the next few days.  The Council of University Presidents have been charged with the responsibility of designating which hospitals will be be available for foreigners to register at, who do not have medical records on file at a hospital, and they are expected to designate many more hospitals throughout the Kingdom in the upcoming days, si I'm confident that Pattaya hospitals will be announced soon.

Personally, I think a wise thing to do if you have no records on file at a local hospital is to schedule an appointment THIS WEEK for something simple like a Flu shot.  That way you have your records on file with your local hospital so on June 7, you simply go to your local hospital...easy peasy ????

Remember that the June 7 date is specifically for registering, not actually receiving the vaccination, so as far as where you will receive the actual vaccination (private vs public) I think it's too early to tell, but I would guess it will be public hospitals initially.

A more important question is WHEN you will be able to get jabbed at a private hospital AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, when you can get a choice of a Western vaccine!

Personally I do NOT want SinoVac (or anything but Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J).  There are two reasons I feel this way:  1) The efficacy of the Western versions seems to be noticeably higher AND JUST AS IMPORTANTLY, many foreign governments  (such as countries within the EU) have publicly stated that they will NOT allow travel into their countries with those vaccinated with SInoVac.

Even though Thai officials are assuring the public that SInoVac is just fine, I have serious doubts about that, based on how other countries are reacting to it.  Jst my opinion, of course.

Edited by WaveHunter

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

FWIW, the staff at Vimut Hospital in BKK have said that foreigners registering thru their site will be receiving the AZ vaccine.

Do you remember where you saw this quote?

Found this...

June 7 marks the first day of the country’s long awaited mass vaccination program, in which registered Thai citizens are expected to be inoculated with locally manufactured AstraZeneca doses. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/05/21/its-official-foreigners-can-register-for-covid-19-vaccine-next-month/

Edited by mtls2005

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There was a somewhat oblique reference to that one day this past week... And then it was more explicitly stated by govt spokesman Khun Natapanu via his Twitter account that same day. The plans for an English language version, passport number based vaccine registration mobile app for foreigners are dead.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.  My understanding is that compiling a database of foreigners turned out to be an overwhelming task. 

HOWEVER, there is an interested twist to this. It seems that Vimut Hospital in Bangkok (one of the first designated hospitals for foreigners to register at who do not have existing medical records on file at a hospital) is allowing foreigners to register ONLINE through their website:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sT_W0ks_VQZ3_lHnV7piAYUeXCB3nEe8wXUTLc36KQE/viewform?edit_requested=true

239358711_snapshot_2021-05-24at12_01_57PM.jpg.b1c2eec3c6ec06987251def955413956.jpg

My guess (hope) is that as more and more hospitals in ALL provinces become designated for foreigners to register at, those hospitals may also offer the same online option, which of course from a safe distancing standpoint would make sense in a big way!

Edited by WaveHunter

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Yeah, that seems to be the case.  My understanding is that compiling a database of foreigners turned out to be an overwhelming task. 

HOWEVER, there is an interested twist to this. It seems that Vimut Hospital in Bangkok (one of the first designated hospitals for foreigners to register at who do not have existing medical records on file at a hospital) is allowing foreigners to register ONLINE through their website:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sT_W0ks_VQZ3_lHnV7piAYUeXCB3nEe8wXUTLc36KQE/viewform?edit_requested=true

239358711_snapshot_2021-05-24at12_01_57PM.jpg.b1c2eec3c6ec06987251def955413956.jpg

My guess (hope) is that some of the designated hospitals in ALL provinces may offer the same online option, which of course from a safe distancing standpoint would make sense in a big way!

Thanks for that......is there any indication as to which vaccine(s) and if there might be a choice.......prices???

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAIK, the Vimut online process  is not an actual registration for getting a vaccine, but more of an INTEREST in doing so notification.

What I believe is supposed to happen thru the Vimut online process is the person will receive an appointment date for doing their actual registration onsite...

And then, on that day, if the hospital has vaccines available, the person could get the vaccine then.  If not, then they'd be given a queue ticket to come back on a subsequent day.

But I agree, it's a bit confusing what the difference is going to end up being between:

1. someone who does the online route now and then shows up onsite later on their appointment date

vs

2. someone who simply shows up in person at Vimut on any day from June 7 onward.

You may be correct BUT the wording on the site strongly infers that it is for "official" registration, and when you look at all the detailed information they request from you, it seems to be for officially registering.

176080451_snapshot_2021-05-24at12_01_57PM.jpg.509ddb463a3eed3ffc41ba17ba8c5ca8.jpg

There is of course a red flag to this since the official statement from the CCSA is that nobody can register before June 7th...so, just another confusing contradiction HOWEVER, maybe they just compile all of your information and then on June 7th, they start sending out confirmation.

All of this confusion and contradictory things is enough to drive us all crazy LOL ????

As always, best bet is just to wait for clarifications from the CCSA...or even better, just go to your local hospital this week for a flu shot or something simple that creates a medical record for you, and then you don't have to fuss with all of this and just go to your local hospital for registration on June 7.

Edited by WaveHunter

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have no idea... I'm in the process of pre-registering at Vimut Hospital in BKK, and should be getting a registration appointment date out of that process soon.  But what the resulting vaccination date might be, I have not the slightest clue....

And that's why, I'm not opining on that detail one way or the other for the time being... because any opinion would be pure speculation.  But I'm sure going to be interested to find out!!!

The answer to that vaccination date detail is going to weigh heavily on whether it makes any sense or not to wait further for the promised but not yet settled future arrival of the Moderna vaccine via the private hospitals/pay for vaccine route.

Should the AZ vaccine end up being as late as you're speculating..which at this point is pure speculation... then the Moderna vaccine via private hospitals also MIGHT have arrived by then... And then in that case, I'd probably opt to pay for the Moderna vaccine...

But I'm hoping that scenario won't come to pass, and I can get the AZ vaccine thru the government channel long before then.

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It's unclear if the private hospitals will take any part at all in the vaccination program.

The two private hospitals in my Province are not taking any registrations whatsoever.

The Government hospital told me they are aware some foreigners (and Thais) would prefer the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, which will not be free due to cost and these could indeed in the future also be offered by the Government hospitals for a cost.

The private hospitals don't appear to be getting their acts together.

The Government asked them to take registrations to give the Government a number to be ordered, but so far just how many, certainly not all, are not prepared to play the game.

The Government hospitals will be dispensing the Sinovac for the 18-59 age group, whilst those 60 and above will receive the AZ vaccine, so I'm told, but seeing is believing.

These will be offered free to all nationals currently in Thailand.

The idiocy/irony of all of this confusion is that where possible foreigners are going to register more than once, giving a completely inaccurate picture of the numbers of doses required.

Edited by samtam

36 minutes ago, samtam said:

The idiocy/irony of all of this confusion is that where possible foreigners are going to register more than once, giving a completely inaccurate picture of the numbers of doses required.

Why would you want to register more than once.

If you have a Thai ID number, you can register via the Mor Phrom App, or registration points now

If you don't, you can register at any of the designated registration points in your Province from June 7th. This is for the free vaccination program being run by the Government hospitals, delivering the Sinovac and AZ vaccines.

If you want an alternative vaccine, then you'll have to tough it out until a later date when the private hospitals get their act together, which will come at a cost.

6 hours ago, billsmart said:

Just a heads up Bill, but in our Province those that have registered via the Mor Phrom App, (or other means) and receiving an appointment, then, when arriving at the designated appointment time, thinking they were to receive their first vaccination, were in fact just given an official appointment letter of the date, time of their first jab, all of which are from 7th June onwards.

In effect an appointment to collect your official appointment letter.

The mileage may vary in your Province. TIT.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Thanks for that......is there any indication as to which vaccine(s) and if there might be a choice.......prices???

Way too early to know that for sure, but the CCSA briefings will probably address that with more certainty in the upcoming days, so good idea to follow the offcial daily briefings at https://www.youtube.com/user/ThaiPBS/search?query=ccsa

Personally, considering how safe I feel as an unvaccinated person here in Thailand I will wait until I can get an injection of Moderna, Pfizer, or J&J from a private hospital. 

For Westerners, I don't think price should be a consideration even if it is as high as THB 3,000 (which is the highest I've heard being suggested for a private hospital).  Far more important are the issues of lower efficacy for SinoVac and AZ, and just as important is that fact that many other countries may follow the lead of the EU in barring travel into their countries if you have been vaccinated with SInoVac.

Just my opinion of course, but worth considering.

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Why would you want to register more than once.

If you have a Thai ID number, you can register via the Mor Phrom App, or registration points now

If you don't, you can register at any of the designated registration points in your Province from June 7th. This is for the free vaccination program being run by the Government hospitals, delivering the Sinovac and AZ vaccines.

If you want an alternative vaccine, then you'll have to tough it out until a later date when the private hospitals get their act together, which will come at a cost.

I have registered more than once, using the Mor Prom Line App, but in case the appointment it is not honoured because I am a foreigner, I have also registered at my normal private hospital, (no appointment). With the first successful jab, at whichever establishment, I will cancel the other appointment. I think many others have done this because of the uncertainty of the number of vaccines available. We will know soon enough, (early June) whether those who have successfully registered using Mor Prom will have their appointments honoured, although what transpires in one situation is unlikely to be universal.