Mass vaccination of Thais and foreigners begins in five provinces next month

webfact

On 5/22/2021 at 8:37 AM, webfact said:

Five provinces will go first in June - Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Phuket (part of the sandbox foreign travel plan starting in July).

So straight away the front line medical workers go out the window in favour of the Pipat plan?

On 5/22/2021 at 9:25 AM, Mango Bob said:

So where the hell do those who are 73 with heart problems go to get the vaccine.  How the hell do I know where to go.  this damn government does not give us any information at all.  I am in Ratchaburi so what hospital or place do we go to.  We have no damn information what to do.  They do nothing. at all.  I hate these leaders they do nothing for the people 

That's because their favorite pastime is to grab the money and fleece everyone

So where the hell do those who are 73 with heart problems go to get the vaccine.  How the hell do I know where to go.  this damn government does not give us any information at all.  I am in Ratchaburi so what hospital or place do we go to.  We have no damn information what to do.  They do nothing. at all.  I hate these leaders they do nothing for the people 

My friend's heart doc signed him up at least a month ago.  Probably more.  He's getting his jab early June.

My other friend was at his doc yesterday.  She signed him up for mid next month also.

19 hours ago, kensisaket said:

I think they forgot to tell "the other provinces"; because, the locals have already been out taking names/signing people up for vaccination(s) in Sisaket. That includes farongs.  From what I could gather those vaccinations would be within the next 2 months.

FARONGS ????

Falgan

Farang

Farong

Falang 

Fapang

Franchipan

On 5/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, colinneil said:

This so called government have made numerous promises over the last six years, but nothing ever materializes, except more hot air.

So does he expect anybody to believe him this time.

Just wait and see.no problem

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Whatever vaccines are given I sure in hell hope  it works against the Trifecta of  covid variants now in Thailand. As of this evening the South African variant has now been found here.  So we have the UK, India, and now South Africa variants in country.  Stay safe folks and stay healthy 

Speaking in "Car" terms.

F.Ex.: BMW

you have the 1 series, 2series, 3series, 4series, 5series, 6series, 7 series, 8series etc;

It's always a BMW xxx

Why they don't call the virus the same as well:

F.ex.

Wuh.. Virus, serie India

Wuh.. Virus, serie Britain

Wuh.. Virus, serie Sout-Africa

Go to the nearest hospital and register,simple I'm  82. Have no fear. Wear a mask in public ,keep your distance.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, webfact said:

The first jab will be available between June and September. The second from October to December, reported Daily News after a meeting via video conference chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House yesterday.

So mathematically, if one gets their first jab in June, the earliest they can get the second one is five months later.  While I know this will still help, it is an awfully long wait.

Perhaps people can purchase their second jab from a private hospital?

At 66 and having chronic asthma all my life I would have thought I qualified under section 3, only to read further down and see I'm in section 8.

Despite this latest timetable coming from the PM I would bet we get another story emerge on Monday, and on form nothing will get done until the brown envelopes are safely secured whatever we are told.

This situation is what I imagine it is like sat on death row.

17 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

How much did they quote you? our local private is taking bookings for moderna at 4k for the 2, thought it was meant to be 3k? Must be inflation!

They quoted 3k for both shots.

• Like 1

Bangkok Hospital still has this on it's site, or have they not updated it?

In regard to current news stating that private hospitals in Thailand are allowed to purchase their own COVID-19 vaccines for serving the high demand from their customers, as of 4th May 2021,

Bangkok Hospital Group has NOT yet been approved to order any COVID-19 vaccines from any manufacturers as publicized in the media. Therefore, there is no reservation available for general public. Once we are authorized and permitted to do so, a formal announcement will be made and you will be informed accordingly.

8 hours ago, pookiki said:

Good for you!  And you must have been able to 'jump the queue' since the official registration date is 7 June. You and your friends are the clear exception and not the rule. Where are you? Phuket?

No we didn’t jump anything, we live in the North of Chiang Mai Province, it appears that as it is a tourist region they were able to secure the AstraZeneca shots for Thais and non Thais aged over 60 years.

I know a number of people particularly those working in health  areas who were vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine a couple of weeks ago.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, ThailandRyan said:

The caveat being the last sentence in the quote above.

Doses are few and far between, with the schedule as such. 

So when will the vaccines they have on hand run out, as they have to shift the vaccines to ward off the virus in prisons, factories, and such.  Are only Thais in prison, and working in factories getting vaccinated or are they vaccinating all.  The world wants to now.

No need to worry about the prisons, they are locked. 

Interesting, expats rated as low down the list as migrant workers. 

You would think that migrant workers would be jabbed first as most of the spread came from the borders. 

Don't forget the majority of expats over 60,do they get vaccinated with the Thais 60 +. 

So far just over 1% of the population have been vaccinated. 

Organised chaos = LOS. 

7 hours ago, Percy P said:

Go to the nearest hospital and register,simple I'm  82. Have no fear. Wear a mask in public ,keep your distance.

If you don't already know, get your vitamin D up high and take zinc and magnesium, plus vitamin C. 

Dr Sircus and other naturopaths say this helps the body to resist infection. When you're older keeping D up is a good thing. 

My GP prescribes it to me and my old mates for free. 

So us gingers are one up on you old codgers?

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

If you don't already know, get your vitamin D up high

Us gingers are one up on most. We make our own vitamin D. No make that 2. Us gingers require 20% more anesthetic than others.

Thanks to higher concentrations of red hair and pale skin in cloudy European environments, redheads gained a greater ability to create their own vitamin D. When they go outside, he or she produces more vitamin D in a shorter amount of time than people with other hair colours

Edited by IvorBiggun2

21 hours ago, StevieAus said:

No we didn’t jump anything, we live in the North of Chiang Mai Province, it appears that as it is a tourist region they were able to secure the AstraZeneca shots for Thais and non Thais aged over 60 years.

I know a number of people particularly those working in health  areas who were vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine a couple of weeks ago.

Well, what I find amazing is that the announcement from the 'national' government is that 'expats' would start to register for vaccinations as of 7 June not before. There is nothing but chaos in the administration of this vaccination program and 'some' people luck out while others are left out. Chiang Mai is not part of the 'sandbox' project so while it may be a tourist area that should not be relevant to priorities that are based on the likelihood that a person will be seriously impacted by contracting COVID.  All I know is that I won't even be considered for a vaccination until after 7 June and I am many years past 60.

19 hours ago, pookiki said:

Well, what I find amazing is that the announcement from the 'national' government is that 'expats' would start to register for vaccinations as of 7 June not before. There is nothing but chaos in the administration of this vaccination program and 'some' people luck out while others are left out. Chiang Mai is not part of the 'sandbox' project so while it may be a tourist area that should not be relevant to priorities that are based on the likelihood that a person will be seriously impacted by contracting COVID.  All I know is that I won't even be considered for a vaccination until after 7 June and I am many years past 60.

If you have lived in Thailand for any length of time and there are plenty of examples posted almost daily on this site,  you would be aware that whatever policies are announced Nationally as also applies to legislation, the application varies greatly not only from province to province but office to office.

This happens with Immigration, DLT offices and down to the local Amphur, where obtaining a yellow house book and pink ID card can vary from needing reams of documents to virtually nothing.

As a retired lawyer I used to find it very frustrating and illogical compared to the experience in my own country Australia.

I realized however that it is the price of living here and that nothing I could do or say would make any meaningful change, as an English friend often says “ Like it or lump it”

To be be fair to the Thais they are dealing with a situation probably never  experienced before and the situation has been handled less than perfectly in many countries.

I have many friends in the UK who complain about their situation and in Australia the rollout of vaccinations has been less than perfect, 

to say nothing of State borders being closed at short notice, leaving people stranded then forced to quarantine, citizens being denied the right to leave the country and about forty thousand Australians unable to return due to the government restricting the number of flights.

Compared with what I see happening around the world I don’t think things are too bad in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevieAus said:

If you have lived in Thailand for any length of time and there are plenty of examples posted almost daily on this site,  you would be aware that whatever policies are announced Nationally as also applies to legislation, the application varies greatly not only from province to province but office to office.

This happens with Immigration, DLT offices and down to the local Amphur, where obtaining a yellow house book and pink ID card can vary from needing reams of documents to virtually nothing.

As a retired lawyer I used to find it very frustrating and illogical compared to the experience in my own country Australia.

I realized however that it is the price of living here and that nothing I could do or say would make any meaningful change, as an English friend often says “ Like it or lump it”

To be be fair to the Thais they are dealing with a situation probably never  experienced before and the situation has been handled less than perfectly in many countries.

I have many friends in the UK who complain about their situation and in Australia the rollout of vaccinations has been less than perfect, 

to say nothing of State borders being closed at short notice, leaving people stranded then forced to quarantine, citizens being denied the right to leave the country and about forty thousand Australians unable to return due to the government restricting the number of flights.

Compared with what I see happening around the world I don’t think things are too bad in Thailand.

I agree with everything you say about how things vary greatly around the country. Most, if not all of the time, none of these variances can be life threatening. The Thai government, whether at the national or local level, appears to be have made the revival of tourism the clear priority in meting out vaccinations - Samui, Phuket, or, in your case, Chiang Mai.  I strongly disagree with this approach because it means that Thais and foreigners outside these areas are being treated as expendable.  Since the majority of COVID cases are in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces, the people (everyone) not just Thais should be prioritized based on the dangers to their overall health COVID infection represents. Stressing tourism does not make sense from the overall strategies adopted by most countries. People are dying because of this policy.  And, yes, this has had a great impact on my view of the Thai 'government' not that it was all that good prior to the pandemic.

I realize that there is little I can do to have an impact on changing the vaccination priorities or when I may have the opportunity to be vaccinated. Since I live in Bangkok, the current epicenter, I have to deal with the daily stress and anxiety of becoming infected or possibly dying. But, as I noted earlier, the government has decided that some people our expendable. As a foreigner in Bangkok, that is completely clear to me. Stay safe and be well.

Edited by pookiki
Revise
  • Like 1