Honey Pot raided for serving alcohol to foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Serving alcohol in restaurants is illegal...not selling it for consumption elsewhere.. 

Im not sure that place is a restaurant it used to be just a bar, unless they have added a kitchen to it recently 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rott said:

Completely pointless and irrelevant post. But two people thought it worth a like....................... Shakes head. 

About as pointless and irrelevant as the two posts making comparisons to UK policing and US gunshops?

I'm on google thinking about going on vacation.  Excited to travel the world, spend my money..... let me pick a country!!!

police last night (May 21) raided the Honey Pot bar in Rawai and charged the manager for serving alcohol to foreigners.

OK, not that country......next

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im not sure that place is a restaurant it used to be just a bar, unless they have added a kitchen to it recently 

The last item on the "evidence" indicates it does serve food:

1621668755_6.jpg

15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The last item on the "evidence" indicates it does serve food:

1621668755_6.jpg

40 baht for water? 90 baht for beer expensive that

Edited by ChipButty
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

About as pointless and irrelevant as the two posts making comparisons to UK policing and US gunshops?

I don't know which posts you mean. 

I think a post about Australian alcohol retailers with no comparison to anything is pointless and irrelevant. 

I agree that Phuket is talking about wanting to open the Island to foreign tourists in a month or so, but today, the rule

is ,  No Alcohol is allowed for sale.  What will the rule be after a month or two goes by? Welcome to all non drinkers.    Welcome to Phuket

and let us show you your quarantine hotel room. Sorry  no alcohol for your quarantine period, and we will let you know later if you

can enjoy any alcohol,  further into your most important visit to Thailand.

I keep reading about TAT and the government wanting to attract international tourists, but this hard, no alcohol rules will not fly

when most international tourists indeed arrive.    So Pattaya Spotter that is what Pottinger is talking about.     Is the COVID pandemic

making people to have brain fog?      I know that I will not be going back to Thailand until they get rid of some rules that are currently 

being enforced right now.  Thankfully by November and some brave souls do go to Thailand for a vacation, the rules will have changed

somewhat by then.  Also by then, when there is far less tourists than what TAT is estimating, the government will get a few more

visa changes made.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

I'm on google thinking about going on vacation.  Excited to travel the world, spend my money..... let me pick a country!!!

police last night (May 21) raided the Honey Pot bar in Rawai and charged the manager for serving alcohol to foreigners.

OK, not that country......next

It will be pretty hard to find a country that isn't enforcing Covid-19 health restrictions at the moment, but have a great trip when you find one. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

2 hours ago, rott said:

I don't know which posts you mean. 

I think a post about Australian alcohol retailers with no comparison to anything is pointless and irrelevant. 

Didn't you read any further?

I don't disagree about your point of relevance to the subject matter, just wondering why you only question the Australian poster making pointless comparisons.

17 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Territorial Defense Volunteers? I thought Dad's Army was cancelled? 

I laughed at this one too, I think they are worried they might be invaded by China....! lol ????

It's just another little side gig to get family and friends on the payroll...(volunteers still can claim expenses ????), now they can defend the nation against Covid infected farangs ...! ????

38 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Didn't you read any further?

I don't disagree about your point of relevance to the subject matter, just wondering why you only question the Australian poster making pointless comparisons.

I have since seen one of those posts but it did make some sort of comparison. 

Your only problem seems to be that an Australian was criticised. 

I have seen many of your posts over the years Croco and from memory they were generally balanced and rational, but I have to say this seems a bit thin-skinned and nationalistic. 

I also note that there were a number of posts similar in tone to mine, so I do not seem to be taking a lone swipe.