Former PM Yingluck says junta has failed Thais on 7th anniversary of coup

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't really care one way or another what people say about Thaksin or Yingluck, what I do know is that Thailand was better, happier country during both their tenures, the mob that currently occupies ( as in occupation ) the country are a bloody shambles, the sooner they get turfed out the better this place will be.

Come on young people, do your stuff and get rid of these dinosaurs.  ????

if wishes could come true.    there is however the usual obstacle to change :

Download Image of Royal Thai Military Forces practice platoon battle-drill  attacks as a part of COBRA GOLD 2001 exercises.… | Military forces,  Platoon, Armed forces

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Facile remark ! To accuse 'our home gov as corrupt as Thailand'.   Where do you come from. the Congo or some other African Republic

But don't forget corruption comes in many forms and has many masks.

Further, seems to me that many folks, all countries would have little hesitation to get into corruption given half a chance. 

• Like 1

I never really rated Yingluck as PM, but she is spot on with her assessment of the current Government, and hats off for being open on a public platform, 

However, do I think the current PM will be bothered about Yingluck comments,..... I doubt it very much,  and do I think the current PM will respond to her comments,.... Not in the least... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I wonder how many Mercs Prayut has now. Couple of years ago the missus said 9 and let's not forget his little fat mate's watches.

I wonder what the unelected "PM"s offshore account was in 2014 compared to what it is now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And one can only hope and pray that the current crop are somehow held responsible for their countless crimes against the people, and an intolerable degree of  ineptitude. 

I wonder if in the distant future, this unelected "PM" will end up like the Shinatras and be forced to live abroad to avoid prison in Thailand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

Never trust a man who dyes his hair.....if he cant be honest about his own hair what else is he trying to fool us about.

Look at all the great word leaders versus the terrible ones.......

I think that guys who dye their hair were mostly good looking when they were young and try to make their looks last as long as possible, and before anyone asks, the answer is yes.

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Was the Thaksin (Brother and sister) governments perfects and not corrupts?

Of course they weren't, however for the first time in Thailand history

the poor people in the rural areas were able to go hospital

even if they didn't have the money to pay for it, instead of diyng at home.

The farmers were able to send their child to better schools and even to the university, to buy a car, to built a house, it was a general improvment

70% of the people of Thailand, for the first time in Thailand history, had hope in a better future, it's also the only period where the poverty has declined in the country

The people in the big cities like Bangkok and in the prosperous areas

like Phuket were not very happy with the increase in the taxes and

they were especially horrified at the idea to lose their privileges

seeing the child from the poor Issan or northern Thailand farmers challenging their own child at the universities and later on the work and job market, enter in politics and so on

A part of the elites, including the ones we can not talk about here and the religious were worried to see people becoming more educated, that could call into question the traditional order and statu quo in the Thai society

it was time to teach these poors what was their real place

and to send them back to their fields and to their life in debts

hence the coup, and the poverty is again on the rise since 2014

All the numbers are available if you google it

That's all very interesting and I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but even just this morning I have read different things about them, and certainly as you say poverty is on the rise, and things have changed very much for the worse under this unelected "PM", and that was even before this Chinese virus.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I wonder if in the distant future, this unelected "PM" will end up like the Shinatras and be forced to live abroad to avoid prison in Thailand.

One can only hope he will end up disgraced. Or exiled. Unlikely he will ever face jail time. But, knowing his disposition, if he ever faced charges, or danger of even the most meager variety, he would run for the hills as fast as he could. To label him as an imposter and a coward would be an injustice to imposters and cowards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1