Thailand reports 3,226 COVID-19 cases, 26 more deaths

webfact

Malaysia’s worsening COVID-19 outbreak sparks alarm

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A worsening coronavirus outbreak in Malaysia has sparked alarm and is spilling over into neighboring Thailand, which recently discovered a more infectious variant in its south believed to have come from Malaysia.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/malaysias-worsening-covid-19-outbreak-sparks-alarm/

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Absolutely I was here, and Bangkok was not completely locked down!  I went in to work at Centralworld all through April/May/June last year as our school office was open.  The BTS was still running and many of the offices in central Bangkok were still working, and the supermarkets remained open.  Sure, interprovincial travel was banned and there was a curfew (and alcohol ban) but I doubt that made much difference at all.  Who knows if it "worked" as there wasn't much testing done!

Agree with a lot you say but surely it was better than the fool this year saying whatever will be will be. The hi-sos that take planes like they're taxi's spread the virus N&S. Then to allow Songkran is just madness. Sure what we had here last year was a softer lockdown than others but it would have been better than nothing which is what we got this time around. People dead, people infected, economy hit hard again and it's all down to one person.

• Like 2

A comment on moderation and a reply to it have been removed.

If you believe a post has broken the forum rules then please report it and a member of the moderation team will review the post.

Please do not make public posts declaring that other members are breaking forum rules and also possibly breaking government rules regarding the discussion of covid19.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did they finally get the memo from the TV posters here ???? although its only a proposal currently:

Active screening of up to 409 worker housing camps in Bangkok, which accommodate an estimated 62,000 Thai and immigrant construction workers, is to be conducted in an attempt to pre-empt the spread of COVID-19.

This proposal was tabled by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and discussed at the meeting of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) subcommittee today (Tuesday), said CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan.

According to the proposal, the Office of Social Security will be responsible for screening about 50,000 workers and the rest will be done by the BMA’s health office.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/active-covid-19-screening-to-be-conducted-at-over-400-worker-housing-facilities-in-bangkok/

One word in this makes me feel it's not what you think. That word is screening. Is this actually testing for covid or just using dodgy themometers for temp checks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

What do you call adequate testing in a country of 70,000,000.

Since no amount of proactive testing will prevent the spread, particularly with the newer variants, the focus should be on having enough data to decide on regional lockdowns. It's a nice to have, as it slows the initial spread, but it doesn't fix the problem. Countries with excellent testing protocols are all having problems, only strict lockdowns can effectively contain it.

Edited by jacob29

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Health Minister Anutin declared that there was plenty of vaccine against Covid-19 for everyone.

In other news, the chocolate ration has been increased from three grams to two grams...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Osaka, Japan the health care system is nearly at capacity and ready to crumble - by their own admission.

Thailand is not beyond this either.  

3k per day that's 90000 cases per week.  The math is simple when you look at how many end up in ICU's, hospitalized, etc.  

Something will change - either further restrictions or vaccines.  

Isn't 3k per day 21k per week or 90k per month ?

52 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Isn't 3k per day 21k per week or 90k per month ?

Sorry it is, I put down week instead of month.  ;(  I didn't bother correcting it earlier because I"m a lazy old man.

It's a little shocking what's going on in Japan suddenly.  Osaka is having a hell of a time right now.  

10 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Sorry it is, I put down week instead of month.  ;(  I didn't bother correcting it earlier because I"m a lazy old man.

It's a little shocking what's going on in Japan suddenly.  Osaka is having a hell of a time right now.  

Don't blame your self, I am lazy and old as well. But with a sharp eye.

BREAKING: Thai health ministry reporting 41 deaths and 2,455 cases (*) on Wednesday.

Full update at 12:30pm. 23 May:

23 May 3,382 - 17 dead

24 May: 2,713 - 30 dead

25 May: 3,226 - 26 dead

26 May: 2,455 - 41 dead <— TODAY

* 479 from prisons #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397352173395013633

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats a very large death count for this amount of positive cases daily! RIP

Deaths lag new infections by up to 21 days, so we are beginning to see the results of the spike in late April.

Even if new infections were to stop today, we are going to see double digit fatalities into late June.

Edited by Danderman123

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Deaths lag new infections by up to 21 days, so we are beginning to see the results of the spike in late April.

Even if new infections were to stop today, we are going to see double digit fatalities into late June.

Thats still a very large death count for the numbers 3 weeks ago. Do the maths. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Osaka, Japan the health care system is nearly at capacity and ready to crumble - by their own admission.

Thailand is not beyond this either.  

3k per day that's 90000 cases per week.  The math is simple when you look at how many end up in ICU's, hospitalized, etc.  

Something will change - either further restrictions or vaccines.  

Keep it in perspective  .... yes all those testing positive will be sent to quarantine... but only a small percentage of those end up in ICUs.

Current figures suggest under 1% of infections in Thailand end in death, which is lower than the worldwide, UK and US numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Especially if you factor in that Thailand consistently under-reported Covid related deaths during the first wave.

If fatalities are more, then cases are a lot more.

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

True and sad but so long none of those deaths are from the hiso or privileged sections of Thai society then the government will not give two hoots.

• Like 2

Thailand reports 2,455 COVID-19 cases, 41 more deaths

COV2.jpg
FILE PHOTO: A doctor and ICU nurses wearing personal protection equipment (PPE) treat a patient suffering from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand, May 11, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Wednesday (May 26) reported 2,455 new COVID-19 cases and 41 additional deaths.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218356-thailand-reports-2455-covid-19-cases-41-more-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin