Siam Bioscience’s AstraZeneca Vaccine Passes Quality Inspection

webfact

A Thai couple I know had booked appointments at Bumrungrad through Mor Prom. Now their appointments have been deleted without trace and they cannot book new appointments through Mor Prom because it is suspended.  Apparently this has happened to a lot of people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's untrue. Many of the articles about the local AstraZeneca vaccine production (including some already referenced in this thread) contain quotations from the AstraZeneca head representative here, Mr James Teague.

Here's an example (there are many more):

"James Teague, Country President, AstraZeneca (Thailand) Ltd., said: “We have seen a series of significant and promising progress in AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine development in Thailand during the past weeks."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000689 

Thanks for giving this update from the AstraZeneca representative. Admittedly, I don't read The Nation. I reread this entire thread. There are comments from you, faraday, and phetphet on the issue of quality.

Still, commenters are skeptical about quality at scale. Since you seem to be knowledgeable about this, is the verified sampling coming from a real production run?

Edited by placnx
went back through the thread
  • Like 1

9 batches of smaller quantities (being 1 to 2 million doses each)  have already been approved  & 3 batches will be (or should be) approved within the next 3 days.

Am I reading this right ?

If so Thailand will have a minimum of 10 million doses to distribute by the 2nd of June

If this is so I will apologize to SiamBioScience, it is a great start.

I await eagerly tomorrows news (please, not a retraction

On 5/28/2021 at 8:29 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

It's two completely different processes. The approval of the vaccine for use involves reviewing various sorts of written documentation submitted by the company, including the published results of the clinical trials and is done by the Thai FDA.

What we are talking about here is the quality testing of physical samples of the finished product, done by the Department of Medical Science.

in that case, should the locally produced AZ not take several months for approval, once the first batch is produced? 

46 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

in that case, should the locally produced AZ not take several months for approval, once the first batch is produced? 

No - once again it's two completely different things. We're talking about the regulatory approval for the Moderna vaccine as compared to the quality testing for samples of the AstraZeneca vaccine produced in kingdom.

The AstraZeneca vaccine received its regulatory approval back in January.

If Moderna was going to produce vaccine in Thailand (which they're not) it would be subject to local quality testing in the future, once batches started rolling off the production line.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer