Phuket Governor calls for COVID cooperation from foreigners

webfact

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

One thing I'll never understand - for a country where 'Face' is everthing, why don't they get nafive English speakers to proof read things?

Because they'd lose face by having to admit that they cannot do it themselves? ????

Having posted that, I just read @JonnyF's reply above ..... Yup!! ????

Edited by VBF

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Nice one....., also you just defined all religions....! ????????

Ah religion.......the biggest conspiracy theory of them all!

And no I'm not bigoted...... I'm referring to all religions....or "cults" as they may be known.

Another racist remark. But how many dirty foreigners are in Phuket hospitals with covid compared to thai. This remark is just planting seeds so he can save face when july 1st dosnt happen. All foreigners should boycott Phuket until this man is removed. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

After the most recent outbreak , of the first 200 infected , 164 were Thai. 

And this , in a tourist hotspot !

I urge the Thai people to listen to their government and stop gathering to eat shoulder to shoulder and spend all night drinking Leo and sharing each others food.

This makes we farang sad  and spreads the virus to us.

I urge the Governor to send the message and speak clearly to the Thai people living in Phuket.

Would be great if  the Consuls  sent this  reply  back.

Lets see if I get banned for quoting facts again.

Covid deaths around 850/66 million compared to 120,000/56 million in England and Wales nearly all old and sick in both countries. But the government treat this as it was the only thing going on and that foreigners are the cause.

Motorcycle deaths in Thailand around 2 every single hour, mostly young guys at the beginning of the lives and what the government policy, a small fine and a free pass for the day?

Type 2 diabetis an explosion of cases costing tens of millions of lost years nationwide and miserbale lives at that, so what is the government policy? Education, taxing high sugar and other junk foods, no not a peep. Meanwhile the people get fatter and more unhealthy.

Then there is the enormous drug problem..what can I say?

Three problems a thousand times worse than covid in terms of man lives lost and instead covid is soup of the day every single day...and blame the farangs, well you cant blame them for the other 3 problems...or maybe you can?

We invented motorcycles, junk food and methamphetamines, so maybe they have a point.

• Like 2

British Navy looks to hold Phuket visit

ok great...

1/ Does their vacs work?  or can they still carry/transmit?

2/ what are 500 sailors gonnna do when bars are closed?  no rum here matey!!!

3/ They not going to sop for trinkets!  even if the shops are open...

just a pointless thing putting all of us in phuket and TH at risk for nothing.....

Phuket’s leaders will soon accept that their plan for ‘opening’ was wishful thinking at best. Egg smattered all over their pudgy sweaty faces. Rather than accept responsibility for the situation they will point fingers.

The Expats on this forum should see beyond this. Expats will always be used and abused here. They are tolerated for one reason only. The genuine and sincere Thais who we are in love with and who return our love are not to blame. It’s the culture at large.

The society is not maliciously racist in my opinion. But rather so utterly embarrassed by their own stupidity, ineptness, and other inadequacies, they default to blaming the world.

The younger generation of Thais understand this. Seems they want the culture to smarten up. 

Edited by ABCbangkok
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WineOh said:

Letter sounds rather threatening to be honest. 

gangsters run phuket so one can hardly be surprised at the aggressive tone of the writer. 

You worried about something that happened 2 months ago.

That is just so bad and totally racist and irresponsible.

First, what is the proportion of Thais and foreigners in Phuket.

And then the proportion of Covid cases in each population.

That is a generalisation like all Chinese eat cats and dogs or all Asians eat rice three times per day.

If any politician in the west would make such remarks he would be sacked immediately.

I hope the consuls and western hotel owners have some balls and ask for a formal apology and removal of this guy!

8 minutes ago, CLW said:

That is just so bad and totally racist and irresponsible.

First, what is the proportion of Thais and foreigners in Phuket.

And then the proportion of Covid cases in each population.

That is a generalisation like all Chinese eat cats and dogs or all Asians eat rice three times per day.

If any politician in the west would make such remarks he would be sacked immediately.

I hope the consuls and western hotel owners have some balls and ask for a formal apology and removal of this guy!

no idea what u are on about... delete

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

One thing I'll never understand - for a country where 'Face' is everthing, why don't they get nafive English speakers to proof read things?

Cos they'd lose face by doing so..........Catch 22 situation.

A very reasonable and polite written request emphasis on what has been repeated again and again. How hard can it be to avoid illegal drinking parties? If I was a provincial governor the next group of Farang scofflaws would be dealt with quite harshly, in coordination with Immigration chiefs.

We'll see the back end of this soon if all accept it is high time to dump the whataboutism and privileged colonial attitudes.  Buck up, get your jabs, and follow the rules. 

Edited by Captain Monday

6 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I am offended when I feel insulted. Bigots don't insult me so I am not offended - by them!

That is where you and I differ, I am offended and concerned about the behaviour of the bigots. They even have the audacity to claim they are from civilised nations.

To the general public we all look he same and at the end of the day we will all suffer in one way or another, I will be quite happy if not any more serious than remarks in the media.

2 hours ago, VBF said:

Ah religion.......the biggest conspiracy theory of them all!

And no I'm not bigoted...... I'm referring to all religions....or "cults" as they may be known.

So my white cape with a red cross on it and a sword on my side gives me no quarter in your view

• Haha 1

The Thai goverment is totally wrong. 
Every tourist who will arrive will miss loads of stuff there, various reasons not to come and also use much less than before. Why;

1. Higher percentage of cheap Charlie’s will arrive now as budget travelers. 

2. It’s very easy to go around on the island and find dirt cheap accommodations as small typical bungalow resorts are available by the numbers. 

3. People in general has a weaker economy now as the result of a slow down in all countries. 

4. More will drink at home/in room. 

5. Nightlife events that in the past

drained your pockets are closed.  

6. The fear of catching covid when traveling to Thailand or inside of Thailand stops many from thinking about going. 

7. The fear of ending up in the horrible covid infected sleeping halls  if infected are huge. 

8. Obeying covid protecting gear like mask in hot countries many foreigners can’t deal with. 

9. Getting arrested or having problems with Thai police now that Thailand is playing out its authoritarian laws many fear. 

10. And it’s hundred of other reasons why not to come because friends are not there anymore. Girls you once knew are gone, staff are gone, shops are closed. You might not see or talk to anyone you knew there from before being a tourist coming back year after year. 

Edited by GeilGeilertzen

3 minutes ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

The Thai goverment is totally wrong. 
Every tourist who will arrive will use much less than before. Why;

1. Higher percentage of cheap Charlie’s will arrive now as budget travelers. 

2. It’s very easy to go around on the island and find dirt cheap accommodations as small typical bungalow resorts are available by the numbers. 

3. People in general has a weaker economy now as the result of a slow down in all countries. 

4. More will drink at home/in room. 

5. Nightlife events that in the past

drained your pockets are closed.  

6. The fear of catching covid when traveling to Thailand or inside of Thailand stops many from thinking about going. 

7. The fear of ending up in the horrible covid infected sleeping halls  if infected are huge. 

8. Obeying covid protecting gear like mask in hot countries many foreigners can’t deal with. 

9. Getting arrested or having problems with Thai police now that Thailand is playing out its authoritarian laws many fear. 

10. And it’s hundred of other reasons why not to come because friends are not there anymore. Girls you once knew are gone, staff are gone, shops are closed. You might not see or talk to anyone you knew there from before being a tourist coming back year after year. 

Sorry, but #1, #2 and more have been covered by the Sandbox boundaries.  You may not travel outside of the grounds of your hotel on the beach unless it is with a scheduled tour. 

Read more here

Phuket Sandbox Guide - All You need to Know – Royal Vacation (royalvacationdmc.com)

All Guests will have to undergo RT PCR test on Day 5, and if they test Positive, they will be transferred immediately to the hospital, If tested negative, they can visit other islands around Phuket for Just a One day Tour (Tour must be operated by a SHA Certified tour Operator). These Islands Are: Phi Phi Islands – Koh Yao – Phang Nga bay.

Guests must stay at least 7 Nights in Phuket before traveling to any other Province around the Country. They will need to do an RT PCR test 72 hours prior to Departure. In addition, they must present it with the COVID 19 Vaccination certificate to the Checking Point at this Destination.

Tourists are only allowed to stay less than 7 days in Phuket if they Travel back to their home country or any other country. However, while in Phuket they are not allowed to travel to another province in Thailand before finishing 7 Nights in Phuket.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry, but #1, #2 and more have been covered by the Sandbox boundaries.  You may not travel outside of the grounds of your hotel on the beach unless it is with a scheduled tour. 

Read more here

Phuket Sandbox Guide - All You need to Know – Royal Vacation (royalvacationdmc.com)

All Guests will have to undergo RT PCR test on Day 5, and if they test Positive, they will be transferred immediately to the hospital, If tested negative, they can visit other islands around Phuket for Just a One day Tour (Tour must be operated by a SHA Certified tour Operator). These Islands Are: Phi Phi Islands – Koh Yao – Phang Nga bay.

Guests must stay at least 7 Nights in Phuket before traveling to any other Province around the Country. They will need to do an RT PCR test 72 hours prior to Departure. In addition, they must present it with the COVID 19 Vaccination certificate to the Checking Point at this Destination.

Tourists are only allowed to stay less than 7 days in Phuket if they Travel back to their home country or any other country. However, while in Phuket they are not allowed to travel to another province in Thailand before finishing 7 Nights in Phuket.

And apart from that, you can do as you please! But it isn't for me!

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Because they'd lose face by having to admit that they cannot do it themselves?

I agree that's their perception but I think they're wrong to believe that.  Perhaps they'd lose face to another Thai but I think most Westerners would prefer reading things that can be understood. It seems strange that they think they'd lose face by asking someone to check and correct if necessary but they don't seem to think they lose face by making glaring mistakes and writing things that just don't make sense..............................still T.I.T. 

A totally different attitude in countries like Singapore.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit one sided don't you think . what about the Thai population?  

They adhere to all the Requests are they? same as they Adhere to any Other Law I presume ,Yes ? 

That says it All Pick on the Foreigners , why not,  We are in charge ,We are Better than them,We know better. We are the Superior Race . 

Don't make me Laugh It's just Stupid . 

15 minutes ago, amdy2206 said:

I really dont think it is the foreigners they should worry about!!

Same as with prostitution. The reported cases are often foreigners while every village has it's own local brothel under the hands of local police....

• Like 1

Maybe the statistic shows that the target number of tourist for opening up phuket is far from their announced expected numbers. Now they just pinned it down on the dirty farang for delaying the process of "millions" of tourist arrival thus setting tourism industry backwards. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has issued a formal request, written in English, calling for consuls and honorary consuls on the island to help urge all foreigners in Phuket to abide by COVID-19 prevention measures.

Why so desperate, as I thought it was all under control in Phuket, with no infections announced for over a week.

• Like 1

Tired of those racist stances of Thai officials. How about putting it in numbers, folks? Why not - instead of saying "many" - exactly list the quota of how many percent of foreigners living on Phuket are infected and what the quota is on Thais in comparison????

Day in, day out, us foreign expats - many of them living, working and employing Thai people for decades - have to swallow your open, straight in the face racism, 24/7!!! Do you officials truly believe that you will be able to reignite international tourism by now blaming those "dirty, smelly, never showering Farangs" for your very own shortcomings? Shame on you!  

It's about time that Thai racism against foreigners of all colours is named, shamed and made public - worldwide. Let the world see and hear what the true face, hiding behind the myth, called "land of smiles" really looks like.

Edited by Freigeist365

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Read more here