Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines producing high antibody levels – SICRES

webfact

COVID-19-Vaccine-SINOVAC.-1.jpg

The immune response in those inoculated with either the Sinovac or AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines produce high levels of antibodies, similar to those in people who have recovered from the infection, according to Siriraj Institute of Clinical Research (SICRES).

The institute disclosed yesterday (Thursday) the results of its research into immune response and safety of vaccines, conducted among medical personnel at Siriraj Hospital who received either Sinovac or AstraZeneca inoculations.

The initial results show that, 3-4 weeks after receiving the first jab of AstraZeneca, the level of antibodies in all volunteer vaccine recipients is as high as that of an infected patient who has recovered from the disease, while 75% of those given the first dose of Sinovac have as many antibodies as the recovered.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sinovac-and-astrazeneca-vaccines-producing-high-antibody-levels-sicres/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rabas said:

So, AstraZeneca at 100% is significantly better than Sinovac at 75%, at least according to this test.

Because AZ is already 100%, there is no way to know how much stronger AZ is relative to Sinovac. Even if you keep increasing AZ's antibody levels, you remain at 100% of recovered patients.

In addition to antibody levels, it is also important to consider their quality in the prevention of disease.
What did they say about the quality?
"Meanwhile, Asst. Prof. Dr. Chayanon Phucharoen, of the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism at Prince of Songkhla University’s Phuket campus, said that research on 1,366 people shows that those who received two doses of the Sinovac vaccine have an 84% lower chance of getting infected by COVID-19"
"After the second dose of Sinovac, the level of antibodies will be as high as that of those who have recovered from an infection, according to SICRES."

So we know that the quality of the Chinese vaccine is very high. But what about the British one? Maybe the professor prefer not to show the resulting numbers in order to not hurt the feelings of those who prefer the British vaccine. His institute has published such a traumatic information already: "SICRES said, however, that more incidence of side effects were found among those under 30 who received the AstraZeneca vaccine."

Edited by friendofthai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Thailand is being objective rather than relying on western countries which might be biased towards certain vaccines.

Do you think so.... many feel there is a China vaccine commitment?

• Like 2

NHS data in the UK is more reliable as its based on factual experience of almost 6 months and almost 40 million first doses. Astra Zenica vaccine has been the bulwark and daily deaths in the similar size population are single figures. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Published online in the Journal of the American Medical Association

Study:    Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines appear safe, effective

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/study-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccines-appear-safe-effective/ar-AAKry9r?li=BBnb7Kz

Curious that they tested 85% men, and most of them were young men.  Not the most accurate test...

• Like 1

No patient Indian variant data is available as its very recent. Huge rise in Bolton has shown that most patients were unvaccinated. None with 2 jabs but some not serious with 1. Now a race to give 2nd doses. Porton Down lab showed high post 2. protection

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

That is a different vaccine not available in Thailand. China exports Sinopharm and Sinovac. Thailand received Sinovac.

Sinopharm was approved today by the Thai FDA. Application was made on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-thailand-sinopharm-idUSL3N2NF14L

Amazing how sometimes things can be done quickly here.

I'm sure you're aware of the Sinopharm kerfuffle, re: Chulaborn Royal Academy?

Chulabhorn Royal Academy to import, sell Covid-19 vaccine

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001346

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The AZ vaccine was to have been the main arrow in the EU's quiver against the pandemic...I hardly think they would have chosen an unsafe or ineffective one. 

The AZ vaccine showed high protection but took longer than Pfizer in building antibodies.. 

The issue has not been level of protection but very small proportion of blood clotting. 

6 hours ago, rabas said:

A suspicious way to compare vaccines compared to objective Western methods.

My reaction was to this. Suspicious, subjective non-Western study alert!

Criticize and dispute the results all you want but use science and hold the racism.

6 hours ago, rabas said:

So, AstraZeneca at 100% is significantly better than Sinovac at 75%, at least according to this test.

Because AZ is already 100%, there is no way to know how much stronger AZ is relative to Sinovac. Even if you keep increasing AZ's antibody levels, you remain at 100% of recovered patients.

A suspicious way to compare vaccines compared to objective Western methods.

I think that the antibody levels are numerically measured. Two doses of mRNA vaccines produce more antibodies than a person who recovered from Covid, i.e. greater than 100%. In fact. someone who recovered from Covid and got one jab has quite high levels of antibodies. This should be in Lancet or NEJM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Published online in the Journal of the American Medical Association

Study:    Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines appear safe, effective

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/study-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccines-appear-safe-effective/ar-AAKry9r?li=BBnb7Kz

I like that word  "Appears" but not enough to risk my life on it , 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, placnx said:

I think that the antibody levels are numerically measured. Two doses of mRNA vaccines produce more antibodies than a person who recovered from Covid, i.e. greater than 100%. In fact. someone who recovered from Covid and got one jab has quite high levels of antibodies. This should be in Lancet or NEJM.

Here is one report on a recent Spanish study, the linked presentation is also in Spanish.

Nature: Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response

It appears that mRNA vaccines give a very strong boost after an initial AZ dose.  (So my 'plan' is working! Except ... where is the initial AZ dose? ).

Edit, I see they are giving the mRNA vaccine 8 weeks after the initial AZ dose, so that is a good number to know.

Edited by rabas