Phuket to ease COVID restrictions from June 1

webfact

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

Well, that would certainly have helped me.  My wife and I had to cancel a 4 night holiday in early June to Khao Lak (Phang Nga), because we would have to transit via Phuket airport.  We would have to test negative before leaving Bangkok and again before leaving Khao Lak. The problem was, that we could not be tested in Khao Lak before heading back to Phuket, to catch a plane back to Bangkok. An increase to 7 days would at least make short holidays to Phang Nga possible again.

Here, too.  'Would love to re-schedule yet again - but - oops - domestic farang tourists can't seem to get vaccinated anywhere...  sad

3 hours ago, sezze said:

In order to have tourists , you need regulations ( we all know it is a difficult time ) but also something to visit .

Regulations meanings : people need to feel safe , but also be safe . Testing and vaccinations should take care of that .

something to visit meaning : open more or less like it used to be .

Nobody wants 100.000 loopholes to get to there , and even then see nothing open . I agree on needing the needed papers , vaccination passports and needed tests , ok , i think most people would agree . So far it is very very hard to get there , visa + coe + insurance + test + vaccination passport + bank balance + .... +...+.... .

Get it down to visa + vaccination passport and test and you will get visitors .

Really? DUH! Testing? There is no testing in Thailand unless you pay 4500 baht. Free in the US.

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

That isn't correct.

What about the rapid covid test on arrival? One of the many extra measures taken.

Which part of being an island which helped in containing it is not correct for you?

and yes what about the tests? Did you want them to do it in every Soi which leads to and from bkk 

Mass tourism will not be coming back to Thailand this year................China will not take the risk.

Phuket will be a test case of sorts - just like allowing Songkran holidays was a try & see what happens scenario (however many did not travel like in other years).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Ah, but Samui and phangan are not a “sandbox”. 

if you don’t have a catchy slogan how you expect to be allowed to open?

A sandbox is just a slogan. And island will do. All it requires is creativity, juice, initiative, ambition, vision and planning. 

Most of all, it requires a desire to improve the lot of the masses. Is it just me, or does that seem to be something that is not much of a priority at this time? 

• Like 1

So when an excited "All Thai " lady messages me with a screenshot of her official appointment at Central Wherever in July saying after this you can come back to me .... me with my 2XPfizer certifcate.. I should just smile to myself and say .. poor deluded innocent , or what ? I admire her faith in Cha Cha Cha... as we call him not so privately .

Warning! Do not go to Phuket on holiday if you want to drink, eat at restaurants with a drink, or have fun???????????? Basically Phuket is offering No Fun Vacations and you can enjoy Quarantine when we get back to our home countries after a relaxing holiday????????????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xonax said:

Well, that would certainly have helped me.  My wife and I had to cancel a 4 night holiday in early June to Khao Lak (Phang Nga), because we would have to transit via Phuket airport.  We would have to test negative before leaving Bangkok and again before leaving Khao Lak. The problem was, that we could not be tested in Khao Lak before heading back to Phuket, to catch a plane back to Bangkok. An increase to 7 days would at least make short holidays to Phang Nga possible again.

There was a testing facility at the bridge from the mainland ( called Saphan Sarasin) but the idiots closed it !

So they make a rule that visitors - and they are desperate for visitors - must  test within 72 hours previous to arrival , then they take away the very place a visitor coming by bus or car , can DO THE TEST !

They were charging 500 bt  a test , so surely it could have paid its own way...

You have to be a very special  person to even conceive of such stupidity ...

( FYI : The only option currently if you are driving in to Phuket   , is to head north to Phang  nga  Hospital , and hope that theres a space left in their quota of 100 max tests per day ! Costs 450 bt. Or you can try to book ... )

Whatever they do it's really not going to make any difference.

It's time to stop pretending like they're masses of people lining up waiting to get into Phuket. 

Times have changed and people have changed.   

It's time to take off the rose-colored spectacles.   

Things will never be the same again. 

Edited by lucky2008
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

However, instead of the previous requirement that arrivals must have tested negative for the virus within 72 hours of arriving, officials will require that the test has been conducted within seven days of arriving.

This all seems wrong I think 7 days is too long.

And it mentions the documents will be checked at the departure airport.  Should be interesting at places like Suvarnabumi how this will work or cause delays.

only direct flights.. No stops in bkk.. Transit not allowed.. exept for thai airways.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Like what? time is ticking ...............LOL

Must be the length of time the new Thai Variant that has hit UK will take for tourists to come .. Should be interesting

4 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Who is their their economic and advertising strategist?  He's a genius.  Hacking their strategy over the past month, I got this:

Day 1.  Put out a letter blaming foreigners as their cause of covid.  

Day 2. Arrest old foreigners having wine in home during dinner and brag about it in media.

Day 3.  Yell for tourist help and  plea for foreigners to come back and put money back into the economy

Day 4. Arrest new foreigners for unknown emergency law enacted 24 hours ago that is not published

Day 5.  Advertise you are open.  We love you foreigners.  We dooo!  Come baack!

Day 6.  Every problem here is from foreigners who bring the problems.  This place would be perfect if foreigners would stay out.

How is this strategy NOT working??

Could we possibly add Day 5 in the afternoon, send a letter to Phuket Consulates to inform their subjects to not "YouHaveFun"!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ricardofel said:

Learn from Phuket????? You mean a change every other day? Total incompetence. Thailand doesn't even have free testing! So many ignorant farangs spewing nonsense.

One of the big mistakes that the western governments have made is to not be flexible which has led to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary dead.

Phuket was smart enough to change when required with strong leadership and are now reaping the success.

How many have actually does in Phuket? And back in your country.

The figures speak for themselves.

Western governments have a lot to learn about strong leadership.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A sandbox is just a slogan. And island will do. All it requires is creativity, juice, initiative, ambition, vision and planning. 

Most of all, it requires a desire to improve the lot of the masses. Is it just me, or does that seem to be something that is not much of a priority at this time? 

The most important ingredient might be to have the ear of the Covid czar.

to be fair, Phuket was meant to be the test case, and they haven’t started yet. So it’s hard to assess the results of the test. Not saying it’s right or wrong, just that it’s what was announced right from when the whole sandbox thing started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

The most important ingredient might be to have the ear of the Covid czar.

to be fair, Phuket was meant to be the test case, and they haven’t started yet. So it’s hard to assess the results of the test. Not saying it’s right or wrong, just that it’s what was announced right from when the whole sandbox thing started.

The czar. Funny descriptor. It originated with Ceasar Augustus. As the founder of the Roman empire, like him or not, he was considered to be one of the most effective leaders in history. 

With Prayuth, it is likely he will go down in history as one of the least effective, making him the polar opposite of a Czar, by any definition. He ranks right up there with Pibulsongram and Ahhisit. And the kitchen guy, the infamous Samak. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

One of the big mistakes that the western governments have made is to not be flexible which has led to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary dead.

Phuket was smart enough to change when required with strong leadership and are now reaping the success.

How many have actually does in Phuket? And back in your country.

The figures speak for themselves.

Western governments have a lot to learn about strong leadership.

Change what?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thailand said:

And the hordes of arrivals are coming from where?

Top holiday destination for Brits this year is Cornwall, and chances are people from most other countries will be staycationing.

All they are doing is easing restrictions on the opening of some businesses. I doubt there will be "hordes" of people coming but then they don't seem to have suggested that and if large numbers came immediately that probably wouldn't be a good idea. "Hordes" seems to be your idea rather than theirs.

You can't expect them to force businesses to stay closed, some of which will be used by locals until they have confirmed bookings from foreigners.

"Not said but presumed to be in effect is that quarantine in Phuket is not an option for people arriving on the island by plane."

This seems a bit confusing.

Do they mean quarantine in Phuket is not an option if you arrive by plane or do they mean the eased quarantine isn't an option if you arrive by plane? 

This looks as if it might help my wife stay with me if I use the Phuket route to return. She's waiting to find out when she will be vaccinated but this might solve that problem depending on how accurate the translation is.

"From June 1, people entering Phuket by road still must be fully vaccinated or have tested negative for the virus."

Do they actually mean "or" rather than "and"?  Testing might be an easier option for her.

god it is hard to get to the bottom I think it will snow then they can make money out of making snow shovels but then if have a few bob can use a bob cat yes it is known by everyone that uses a  plastic face mask the virus can not go up, down or sideways it is also known bob cats can make all these movements 100% winners just need a fire to burn the virus can you imagine bob cat operators making millions and best of all no doubt chinese  last night my computer tried t tell me what tdo so now microsoft it taking over bill gates Bill did not plan  a fare well party the cave between the legs has won again unless so who is using it now could be  major trap I love it bill has enough to fight all  the way and lose all the way so who has the goldendick? in this case a 45 wil ldo good in all honesty who is going to gain from this <deleted>