Over 22,000 inmates in Thailand found infected with COVID-19

webfact

41 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

That's about 7%. One can reasonably think that this percentage will get a lot bigger.

assuming they have only started testing recently many will have already had covid - that number could be much larger than 22k

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

In other words, it's impossible.

So the solution lies in the middle, attempting to keep the infections down with some form of lockdown, so that the health services can cope, and survive and not completely break down. I think that is what developed countries try to do. 

To do nothing I do not see as an option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So the solution lies in the middle, attempting to keep the infections down with some form of lockdown, so that the health services can cope, and survive and not completely break down. I think that is what developed countries try to do. 

To do nothing I do not see as an option.

That's pretty much what everyone is doing until the vaccine gets out.

We are slowly opening up right now - 65 percent vaccinated.  Our ICUs are full but finally dropping.  It's a balancing act.  

When all is said and done with this pandemic our hindsight will be 20/20.

However, for anyone to claim that lockdowns like what we arae under are not necessary is so utterly outrageous and irresponsible, it boggles the mind.  Again, how many times does one have to be dropped on their heads not to get this?  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

When all is said and done with this pandemic our hindsight will be 20/20.

I am rather disturbed by the politics I see in some countries of blame for deaths (as the issues subside). Mistakes were made, that is for sure and inevitable. There was little past experience and, well, who would be able to get it right in those dark early days. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

However, for anyone to claim that lockdowns like what we arae under are not necessary is so utterly outrageous and irresponsible, it boggles the mind.

Well..they had the catastrophic examples of the US,the UK and Brazil to chew upon and if that spectacular display of stupidity didn't change their minds then nothing will..

Some of the sentiments being expressed here (and ad nauseam) are left over rhetorical and ideological "bubble and squeak" from that period.

Wait.

Wut?

Have these figures been accounted for in the daily CCSA figures? 

Answering, yes, "over 20,000 mentioned yesterday", with the dail y figure of 1,294.

Good thing Convalescent Plasma treatment doesn't work; upper crusts would be bleeding the prisoners dry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I am rather disturbed by the politics I see in some countries of blame for deaths (as the issues subside). Mistakes were made, that is for sure and inevitable. There was little past experience and, well, who would be able to get it right in those dark early days. 

I completely agree.  

From where this started to where we are now it's completely changed.  I remember going to the grocery store and it was like a morgue with people frightened and fearful.  It's not like that now.  In a sense, we are living with our new lives trying to get the pandemic under control.  

Nobody can know where we were going and what we should have done, because we didn't know where we were going.  We were lost.  

I do blame governments for not ordering vaccines.  However, it's important to note that lots of countries simply cannot afford them.  It's very sad and people are in a bad state, much worse than Thailand.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NaamGin said:

Yeah, and the death rate in Thailand is a fraction of what is being reported in the western world, so it is pertinent... 

In case you haven't done the math, the death toll from covid in Thailand is a rounding error, 0.000001109% of the total population, yet many are losing their minds...  

Do you know what long term covid means? By the way your 0.000001109%=954 deaths. Couple of days this will be over 1,000 deaths most of which have been in the last couple of months.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Do you know what long term covid means? By the way your 0.000001109%=954 deaths. Couple of days this will be over 1,000 deaths most of which have been in the last couple of months.

Do you know what long term covid means? I don't think you do... Perhaps you should lookup the definition of coronavirus in the AMA medical dictionary or in the John's Hopkins library... 

People die every day for a myriad of reasons... 

In the mean time, 5085 Thais committed suicide last year...

19% of deaths in Thailand in 2020, 194,866 souls, died from cancer...

12% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from heart disease... 

10% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from stroke...

9% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from respiratory problems with includes emphysema, asthma and bronchitis...

4% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from HIV...

4% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from diabetes...

4% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from road accidents...

2% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from kidney disease...

2% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from cirrhosis of the liver... 

Yet you are focused on the 0.000001109% of deaths due to covid...

Watch the shiny object and jump when we tell you to... 

3 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

Thanks for providing even more shiny objects. :rolleyes:

And thanks for telling us to be complacent.

Of that list all but one are not contagious.

Now do "road deaths".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

Do you know what long term covid means? I don't think you do... Perhaps you should lookup the definition of coronavirus in the AMA medical dictionary or in the John's Hopkins library... 

People die every day for a myriad of reasons... 

In the mean time, 5085 Thais committed suicide last year...

19% of deaths in Thailand in 2020, 194,866 souls, died from cancer...

12% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from heart disease... 

10% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from stroke...

9% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from respiratory problems with includes emphysema, asthma and bronchitis...

4% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from HIV...

4% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from diabetes...

4% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from road accidents...

2% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from kidney disease...

2% of deaths in Thailand in 2020 was from cirrhosis of the liver... 

Yet you are focused on the 0.000001109% of deaths due to covid...

As I have said before countries actually factor in these deaths. Covid deaths are viewed as extra. As for long covid and as it stands no-one actually knows how long term but straight from the net...

Long COVID is a range of symptoms that can last weeks or months after first being infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 or can appear weeks after infection. Long COVID can happen to anyone who has had COVID-19, even if the illness was mild, or they had no symptoms.Apr 8, 2564 BE

Post-COVID Conditions | CDC

By the way yes I am focusing on people dying from and being infected. Tell me that's a bad thing.
Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nausea said:

That's a Dune quote, no?

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Well spotted Bruce. 

But to be fair he does make some good points. 

6 minutes ago, rott said:

Well spotted Bruce. 

But to be fair he does make some good points. 

None whatsover.

In 2019 and early 2020 the American Alt-right wing was riding high.

They had engineered a trade war with China which they are still endeavouring to pursue-Sinovac,Sinopharm anybody?

They had a totally discombulated inhabitant in the White House who seemed to have a good chance of being re-elected who would continue their Laissez Faire dualistic/binary political philosophies-diplomatic,economic,immigration and social.

Their only response to Covid 19 was ideological mouse dung.

And so...it all went down hill from there..endlessly posting on numerous forums....

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks for providing even more shiny objects. :rolleyes:

And thanks for telling us to be complacent.

Of that list all but one are not contagious.

Now do "road deaths".

Whoosh, right over your head... ????

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

That is because the SUBJECT of this thread is the number of prisoners in THAILAND'S jails that have become infected with COVID 19

We all know the figures that you are trotting out because they are posted ad nauseam on this forum-all 17 thousand,four hundred and sixty four threads  thus far.

Now tell us just how the American alt-right wing laissez faire policies did under their intellectual giant of a president?

Until he was repudiated by the majority and sent packing ,thank the lord Harry.

Please stay on subject and stop with the political nonsense... 

The topic is infections in prisons and what it actually means... 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Because only one of these afflictions is contagious and has the potential to kill millions. 

you complain that Covid isn’t dangerous because the lockdowns have been effective in stopping the spread, but then you complain about the lockdowns.

Speaking of numbers, what percent of Thais are murdered every year? Should we scrap the murder laws if the percent is low?

I can post links to articles by medical professionals that refute your claims,  but what is the point, your mind is made up... So go on living in fear as it matters little to me... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

Please stay on subject and stop with the political nonsense... 

The topic is infections in prisons and what it actually means... 

Sure..something that you have utterly ignored-and been reminded of by a couple of posters including me..????

Keep that grip on reality and please remember that posting on TVF is free for you and your confederates.

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Sure..something that you have utterly ignored-and been reminded of by a couple of posters including me..????

Keep that grip on reality and please remember that posting on TVF is free for you and your confederates.

Quote a post in this thread where I have made a political comment... Just one will do... Whereas I can post many of your  posts and your obsession of Orange Man Bad... 

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Better them than us.

A rotten statement.

"No man is an island entire of itself-

Each is a piece of the continent a part of the main..

Every man's death diminishes me for I am of mankind..

Therefore send not for whom the bell tolls-

it tolls for thee.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

As I understand it there are something like 143 prisons nationwide. 15 screened so far if this article is correct (presumably the largest ones). So still far to go. We may continue to see this sort of report for some time to come.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

I doubt you'd say that if a loved family member, who had made a few daft mistakes, & got banged up.

Dunno, if that poor family member had burgled my house or injured another loved one, I might be unsympathetic.

12 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Really?

Die in a jail because they burgled your house?

Yes, perhaps. Too many thieves in the world causing misery to decent people. But let us not stray off topic.