‘Sloppy’ Thailand online shopping counterfeit scam

Card

5 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Exactly, like the people who buy a 512gb SD card for 100 baht then are surprised when it turns out to be a fake.

The point was that I had the seller's assurance that the product was 100% genuine and that I could return with a full refund if I was not satisfied with it. This was recorded in the Sloppy seller chat. OK I know I took a risk the first time I have used Sloppy, but I assumed that Sloppy would back me up if the shoes were fake, just as Lazada have done with other goods previously. In the event they have not, despite chat records proving the seller has lied over various aspects of my claim and I have documentary proof that the shoes are fake.

The point of my post is not to gain much useful advice because it is obvious the know-all trolls are writing from zero experiences that I have had. The point of my post is to show how little power we have as consumers in receiving support from Sloppy, unlike Lazada, when things go wrong when the seller plays the system.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

When shopping via Lazada, if you're not satisfied with the product you receive, you should follow Lazada's return for refund instructions and send the item straight back. You don't deal with the seller at all.

I've used Lazada's system a few times and have always received a refund, no questions asked. 

Exactly my point!

@Card does Sloppy have an arbitration system like its parent Fast Forty Thieves? (OK - AliExpress)

There, if negotiation with the seller fails the company steps in to help agree a solution.

If no arbitration it really is wide open to abuse.

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

does Sloppy have an arbitration system like its parent Fast Forty Thieves? (OK - AliExpress)

Sloppy isn't Chinese, but yes they have some kind of arbitrage system.

In fact they don't release the money to the seller until you click received, or about 1 week after you received the goods in case you don't confirm.

When you make a claim during the set period, it is Sloppy who makes the decision, not the seller.

• Like 1

Sloppy is also much better in regard to fake goods and scams as their counterpart.

I had a seller banned last week, however I hadn't even bought from him, but it was obvious that it was a scam.

I sent an email to sloppy, and 3 days later he was gone, and i received a response that he was banned from the site.

With Lazada, I bought last year batteries from 3 different sellers, which were counterfeit, presented them the proof I had received in writing from the respective brands, and as of today those sellers are still selling the same counterfeit batteries

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Sloppy is also much better in regard to fake goods and scams as their counterpart.

I had a seller banned last week, however I hadn't even bought from him, but it was obvious that it was a scam.

I sent an email to sloppy, and 3 days later he was gone, and i received a response that he was banned from the site.

With Lazada, I bought last year batteries from 3 different sellers, which were counterfeit, presented them the proof I had received in writing from the respective brands, and as of today those sellers are still selling the same counterfeit batteries

It might depend on whether or not the batteries were featured in the 'Lazada Mall' or not. This Mall guarantees 100% genuine or you get back Your money several times over. If not in the Mall, maybe Lazada does not care if you report counterfeit or not. In future I will only buy from the Mall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Card said:

The point was that I had the seller's assurance that the product was 100% genuine and that I could return with a full refund if I was not satisfied with it.

Sorry for your loss but shouldn't the point have been that you could see that it was priced online with a 75% discount and that the seller was in China?   

Just for the hell of it, I used Lazada's "Chat" with a seller to ask if the Rolex Submariner at B4,000 was genuine, with Rolex box, papers and warranty.  He said it was. And he confirmed it a second time when I asked him if he was sure.   I'm glad your OP reminded me, I must get my order in before he sells out.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

@Card does Sloppy have an arbitration system like its parent Fast Forty Thieves? (OK - AliExpress)

There, if negotiation with the seller fails the company steps in to help agree a solution.

If no arbitration it really is wide open to abuse.

That's exactly how it works with Shopee as well. OP said already that he cancelled his initial refund request, which is why a Shopee employee didn't get involved. If he had not cancelled this refund request he would probably already have his money back.

This whole situation here is really not because of Shopee, but OP just didn't understand how to use the Shopee dispute/refund system correctly.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

Just now, jackdd said:

It's the same process. It's even the same button that you click.

It is not the same process. You have clearly  no experience of using the Return/Refund. I have explained what happens in my first message 

Just now, Card said:

It is not the same process. You have clearly  no experience of using the Return/Refund. I have explained what happens in my first message 

I've probably made more than 20 refund/return claims on Shopee.

Just last week I returned an Item that I ordered and that didn't work as expected.

You just made a mistake when using the refund/return system and now try to blame it on Shopee.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

I've probably made more than 20 refund/return claims on Shopee.

Just last week I returned an Item that I ordered and that didn't work as expected.

You just made a mistake when using the refund/return system and now try to blame it on Shopee.

Did your seller agree to return and refund each time,?

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Only in a few cases, in most cases there was a dispute and a Sloppy employee get involved.

When u set up a Return/refund, the seller has to respond within 3 days. Mine responded with a 300 baht refund. I had 3 days to respond. I click the Respond button and I was given 2 choices - either accept the offer or cancel the Return/Refund request. I queried this with helpdesk and they said then I have to set up a new request. So I cancel my original request and set up another. The seller then ups his offer by 10 baht. The process repeats 4 times until I am told I have run out of times I can request and the seller has won, basically.

Are you saying that I should not have responded to the Seller's first offer because that was the only other alternative?

Edited by Card

Do the shoes fit? 

(Personally, I can't imagine buying shoes online, but it appears that the OP did try them on in the genuine bricks-and-mortar store and then thought he could shop around online and find them cheaper.)

So, if the shoes fit, just keep them and wear them as a lesson learned about how if something is too good to be true, then it is. 

I have a "jade" necklace at I bought for 80 baht from a roadside vendor back in the 1980s at the temple on Doi Suthep when I was a tourist.  He assured me it was genuine jade.  Back home, I asked my jeweler to restring it, along with other necklaces I'd bought on that trip, to knot each bead so that if the string broke, I wouldn't lose the beads.  The jeweler called me later that day to say that the "jade" was glass.  Fortunately the others were OK.  He asked if I wanted to restring the glass necklace; it would cost more than the necklace was worth.  I told him to go ahead, I'd wear it as a reminder that if something is priced too good to be true, then it isn't.  

6 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Do the shoes fit? 

(Personally, I can't imagine buying shoes online, but it appears that the OP did try them on in the genuine bricks-and-mortar store and then thought he could shop around online and find them cheaper.)

So, if the shoes fit, just keep them and wear them as a lesson learned about how if something is too good to be true, then it is. 

I have a "jade" necklace at I bought for 80 baht from a roadside vendor back in the 1980s at the temple on Doi Suthep when I was a tourist.  He assured me it was genuine jade.  Back home, I asked my jeweler to restring it, along with other necklaces I'd bought on that trip, to knot each bead so that if the string broke, I wouldn't lose the beads.  The jeweler called me later that day to say that the "jade" was glass.  Fortunately the others were OK.  He asked if I wanted to restring the glass necklace; it would cost more than the necklace was worth.  I told him to go ahead, I'd wear it as a reminder that if something is priced too good to be true, then it isn't.  

Yes I tried on in shop. The shoes are 1 size too small but being leather uppers I thought I could stretch them. The fake ones are plastic uppers and not worth wearing even if I could stretch them.

The shoes are currently with the CM intermediary but he has agreed to return them to me if I decide to ask him. I don't really want them but better than the seller getting both the cash and shoes.

Edited by Card

1 hour ago, Card said:

When u set up a Return/refund, the seller has to respond within 3 days. Mine responded with a 300 baht refund. I had 3 days to respond. I click the Respond button and I was given 2 choices - either accept the offer or cancel the Return/Refund request. I queried this with helpdesk and they said then I have to set up a new request. So I cancel my original request and set up another. The seller then ups his offer by 10 baht. The process repeats 4 times until I am told I have run out of times I can request and the seller has won, basically.

Are you saying that I should not have responded to the Seller's first offer because that was the only other alternative?

You don't have to cancel the return/refund request. When the seller offers 300THB, you can either accept this, make a counter offer (inside this same request, don't cancel it), or open a dispute to get an employee involved

Here it's explained (just in Thai though): https://help.shopee.co.th/s/article/การคืนเงินและคืนสินค้าของร้านค้าทั่วไป

The relevant part is this, you have one of three choice:

s.png.8b562cf442b675c4ec4156aef2182793.png

After he offered 300THB you should have clicked on "dispute" here and not cancelled your whole return/refund request.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

You don't have to cancel the return/refund request. When the seller offers 300THB, you can either accept this, make a counter offer (inside this same request, don't cancel it), or open a dispute to get an employee involved

Here it's explained (just in Thai though): https://help.shopee.co.th/s/article/การคืนเงินและคืนสินค้าของร้านค้าทั่วไป

After he offered 300THB you should have clicked on "dispute" here and not cancelled your whole

Edited by Card

22 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

I get 2kg of 100% Aribica coffee, via Sh*pee, for 430b - including shipping. That is less than 50% of what I was paying at L*zada.

You assume it is Arabica grade coffee. You may be receiving China version called Aribica which includes whatever debris and filler the vendor includes.  Please do your research into online vendors from China and you will reconsider your purchase habits.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jackdd said:

After he offered 300THB you should have clicked on "dispute" here and not cancelled your whole return/refund request.

Thanks for this but I assume the email facility in Helpdesk should be equivalent. I have emailed, along with evidence of the seller's lies and counterfeit, and phoned them numerous times but only received replies that go around in circles as I pointed out before.

6 hours ago, Card said:

Thanks for this but I assume the email facility in Helpdesk should be equivalent.

In truth the systems are not that flexible.

All they are seeing is a closed complaint. Closed = Solved, no further action.

I'm afraid this one may have to be put down to experience ???? 

On 5/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, faraday said:

When I read the OP, I thought:

"What an odd name for a site".

????????????????????

Still, in my defense, it's only 04:54 & I've only had one cuppa tea.

I bought some Mcvities off there recently, picture showed a 400g pack, but when I received it...280g.

Ruined my day, that.

Wow what a coincidence. I was reading the post and looked at the time on my phone and its 04:54

20210601_045605.jpg