‘Sloppy’ Thailand online shopping counterfeit scam

Card

There are no "Genuine Leather" standards any more.  Manufacturers can use pulverized scraps to make a technically "Leather" product that is no better than cheap plastic but they get away with calling it Leather. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dddave said:

There are no "Genuine Leather" standards any more.  Manufacturers can use pulverized scraps to make a technically "Leather" product that is no better than cheap plastic but they get away with calling it Leather. 

But I know what the leather is like on the genuine brand from the brand shop itself. Very good quality.

4 hours ago, Card said:

In conclusion, don’t use ‘Sloppy’ unless you don’t want to EVER get a refund

I've returned items on Shopee quite a few times, for various reasons, never a problem.

Your problem is that you obviously didn't understand how the refund process works and missed the return/refund deadline.

4 hours ago, Card said:

To cut a long story short, I complained to ‘Sloppy’ many times via the app emails and phone calls.

If there is any problem you just go into your orders and click on "refund/return", then open a case. Sounds like you failed to do this and instead wasted your time with emails and phone calls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

I've returned items on Shopee quite a few times, for various reasons, never a problem.

Your problem is that you obviously didn't understand how the refund process works and missed the return/refund deadline.

If there is any problem you just go into your orders and click on "refund/return", then open a case. Sounds like you failed to do this and instead wasted your time with emails and phone calls.

Your problem is that you obviously do not understand what is involved if the seller refuses a refund. I did that but the seller each time only offered 10 baht refund. That meant If I refused that offer, I had to cancel the refund request and set up another. You obviously experienced a seller who agreed your request for a full refund first time.  Mine did not. Eventually after refusing the measly offers, the ability to refuse runs out after about 4 refusals with the final refusal being cancelled. Back to square one.

Most people on here had seller's who agreed full refunds which is then followed by a straightforward process and the Sloppy helpdesk does not need to get involved. My seller was playing the system. Got it now?

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So not only have you been cheated, you (apparently) want to spent a lot of time and effort tormenting yourself behind it.

Good luck with the refund. 

You have clearly not experienced what I did. You don't know how far things go until you are there. I started following what looked like a simple reliable pathway to claim a refund from the seller who was playing the system and it got more and more complicated because the seller was lying all the time and the helpdesk was useless but promised a lot. Before I knew it I had all the above problems. You make it sound like I knew what was in store which is wrong. I assumed Sloppy would be a good arbiter and sort out the problems. They have not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Card said:

Your problem is that you obviously do not understand what is involved if the seller refuses a refund. I did that but the seller each time only offered 10 baht refund. That meant If I refused that offer, I had to cancel the refund request and set up another.

This is not correct. You make a refund suggestion, the seller can either accept it or make a counter offer. If you don't agree with the counter offer from the seller and don't think you can come to an agreement with the seller you just wait for 2 or 3 days, then a Shopee employee will look at the case and make a decision. You canceling the refund request was your mistake.

Edited by jackdd

6 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Been using them for years and never had an issue. Fakes are easy to spot a mile off. If the price is too good to be true etc.

Have you ever asked for a return/refund where the seller refuses or offers a few baht as a refund like mine? I guess not, otherwise you would know more than you do.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is not correct. You make a refund suggestion, the seller can either accept it or make a counter offer. If you don't agree with the counter offer from the seller and don't think you can come to an agreement with the seller you just wait for 2 or 3 days, then a Shopee employee will look at the case and make a decision. You canceling the refund request was your mistake.

Well I did not get helpdesk help of any use. That is the whole problem. They just kept saying more or less sort it out with the seller or if not let us know. In which case I let them know and the cycle went around again and again.

You are talking about a Refund. I am talking about a Return/Refund and I wanted a full refund.  I should have made that clear.  I was not given the option of refusing an offer by the seller. Instead there was only 2 options - either accept the seller's measly offer or cancel the request for a Return/refund. The latter meant that I had to make a new Return/refund request and that is only possible 4 times.  I know exactly what I was doing.

Edited by Card

3 minutes ago, Card said:

Have you ever asked for a return/refund where the seller refuses or offers a few baht as a refund like mine? I guess not, otherwise you would know more than you do.

I had a similar experience with this sellers China connection. Considerably less value but same treatment and routine etc. I closed the account and will never shop there again.

I was lucky and learned through a lower value item.

If you paid with a credit card, charge it back as "not as described".

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I had a similar experience with this sellers China connection. Considerably less value but same treatment and routine etc. I closed the account and will never shop there again.

I was lucky and learned through a lower value item.

If you paid with a credit card, charge it back as "not as described".

At last someone who knows the problems involved. I contacted my cc company but they said they could not help because the item was delivered. Only if it was not delivered could I get a refund. Counterfeit goods, unlike in the West, are not covered.

Did you mean that your seller was the same as mine?

Edited by Card

Contact your bank and ask for:  แบบฟอร์มทักท้วงรายการใช้บัตร (CARDHOLDER’S DISPUTE FORM, it's in English and Thai).

I have done so and got a full refund even though I had paid with a debit card.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Contact your bank and ask for:  แบบฟอร์มทักท้วงรายการใช้บัตร (CARDHOLDER’S DISPUTE FORM, it's in English and Thai).

I have done so and got a full refund even though I had paid with a debit card.

I have already posted on this. The cc company refuses to do anything because I received the goods even though counterfeit. Did you receive the goods and claimed coz they were counterfeit?

1 minute ago, Card said:

I have already posted on this. The cc company refuses to do anything because I received the goods even though counterfeit. Did you receive the goods and claimed coz they were counterfeit?

Different situation, but you need to walk into the bank a fill out the form. They don't have the option to refuse your claim. The bank then have 90 days to process it with the evidence you provide to them.

At that point they could deny you a refund, but only after processing ur claim.

13 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Different situation, but you need to walk into the bank a fill out the form. They don't have the option to refuse your claim. The bank then have 90 days to process it with the evidence you provide to them.

At that point they could deny you a refund, but only after processing ur claim.

I emailed and got a call from the cc guy. That's what he told me so I don't expect there us much point taking it further.

• Sad 1

In Thailand, if you want a 100% genuine item, you're best to go to a shop so that you can see the item in person. Returns and refunds here are a complete nightmare and online marketplaces are flooded with fake and poor quality items. I only order things online that are at maximum 1000 baht, so if they turn out to be counterfeit, I can just write it off, probably had half a dozen things in the last year or so that just went in the bin. And you cannot rely on seller's feedback and reviews either, it seems that they've found a way to rig that as well.

Most recently I ordered some English mustard online, but it must have been stored in a hot warehouse, it had no flavour at all and I just had to throw it away.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Thanks 1