Twenty two provinces are now white with no Covid cases at all - only four in red

webfact

14 hours ago, Joinaman said:

sorry . still no answer from you , maybe your thinking skill need improving too

i will repeat the very difficult question for your

how will having fun, laughing, joking, and even arguing, increase your chances of catching the virus, if the virus is not present in the venue

and if it is present, how will sitting quietly with a soft drink, prevent you from catching the virus ?

either way, your sitting without a mask, in groups close together , talking and laughing, so how does this increase, or prevent catching the virus ?

One aspect of the difference in  behavior is that if restaurants were permitted to sell alcohol customers would likely spend more time sitting and drinking rather than eating and leaving.

Funny that. I live in a white province, I told the wife that there were now no cases of the Chinese virus in our province.

She immediately told me she knew of cases in the nearby town and a couple in other nearby villages.

So who is right and who is wrong?

Edited by possum1931

46 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Funny that. I live in a white province, I told the wife that there were now no cases of the Chinese virus in our province.

She immediately told me she knew of cases in the nearby town and a couple in other nearby villages.

I'm in a white province also, but often hear rumour's about covid cases in towns and villages all over the place. They are never substantiated.  I rely on the wife's son who works in admin in the local hospital, to give accurate news.

I think in the sticks rumour, lies, exaggerations and superstitions often get a bigger audience than actuality.

One local lady (related to the wife), is full of stories about people dropping dead like flies after the getting the jab.  She is probably largely responsible for many in the district refusing to get vaccinated. 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 12:56 PM, BritManToo said:

I can't believe Chiang Mai has gone from thousands of cases to ZERO cases in less than a month.

This just isn't reasonable.

And if there are ZERO cases why aren't they serving alcohol in restaurants, why aren't all the entertainment venues open, why can't I use my local swimming pool?

I'm in Oz, first world and the second biggest city is in a 7 day lockdown over just 35 new cases

. My state has locked them out EVEN FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN VACCINATED 

So far Thailand has been very reasonable IMO. Can't use  your pool in a pandemic? boohoo! 

Edited by madmen

On 5/31/2021 at 8:44 AM, mtls2005 said:

Are they doing any testing in the white provinces?

Yes. But not random testing. It's proved pointless around the world - although expatria in Thailand seems to have data that differs, mostly derived from theories espoused by other expat experts on social media.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Has she taken this "data" to the media and authorities? It could be valuable in the fight. "An old lady told me" is usually treated as verifiable data.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, madmen said:

I'm in Oz, first world and the second biggest city is in a 7 day lockdown over just 35 new cases

. My state has locked them out EVEN FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN VACCINATED 

So far Thailand has been very reasonable IMO. Can't use  your pool in a pandemic? boohoo! 

Do I detect a tad of envy?

A chlorinated swimming pool is one of the safest places on the planet to be, the problem is people who gather around the pools to party.

Politicians in Australia are not scientists or engineers. The penny has not dropped yet. The hotel quarantine system in Oz is actually a pretty good virus distribution method, as centralised air conditioning is used in all the hotels. Howard Springs is the exception. It has a perfect record, simply because there is no central aircon system at that facility.

When you have the Federal Health Minister relaxing the rules so unvaccinated aged care workers can move between aged care units freely, what would you expect in a pandemic?

Sorry,your lockdowns are the result of dumb dumb dumb.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Do I detect a tad of envy?

A chlorinated swimming pool is one of the safest places on the planet to be, the problem is people who gather around the pools to party.

Politicians in Australia are not scientists or engineers. The penny has not dropped yet. The hotel quarantine system in Oz is actually a pretty good virus distribution method, as centralised air conditioning is used in all the hotels. Howard Springs is the exception. It has a perfect record, simply because there is no central aircon system at that facility.

When you have the Federal Health Minister relaxing the rules so unvaccinated aged care workers can move between aged care units freely, what would you expect in a pandemic?

Sorry,your lockdowns are the result of dumb dumb dumb.

Read my post again... slooowly

On 6/1/2021 at 11:52 AM, Old Croc said:

I'm in a white province also, but often hear rumour's about covid cases in towns and villages all over the place. They are never substantiated.  I rely on the wife's son who works in admin in the local hospital, to give accurate news.

I think in the sticks rumour, lies, exaggerations and superstitions often get a bigger audience than actuality.

One local lady (related to the wife), is full of stories about people dropping dead like flies after the getting the jab.  She is probably largely responsible for many in the district refusing to get vaccinated. 

There are some people who just like to spread misinformation. It's better to get the official figures from the government or go to visit a real patient.

Edited by EricTh