Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

10 days ago, my hypertension and COPD consultant, at a government hospital in Khon Kaen, advised me to register for the Covid - 19 vaccine, as not only am I suffering from 3 of the medical problems in the government list of vulnerable people, I am also 73 years and this also qualifies me.  I asked how I could register, and was told to speak to the nurse.  She didn't know either and referred me to the enquiry desk who told me I would need to speak to a nurse! One was called for me to speak to, who also had no idea but called a colleague over for me to esplain again.  They then went and had a discussion together before informing me that they did not have enough vfaccine for Thais, so they would not be vaccinating Farangs and that I should go to a private hospital and pay 6000 baht!  I refuse to pay when the government are offering it to me for free and my consultants tell me I need it!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just register all foreigners automatically.

Why does this have to be complicated?

With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 they know who we are, our email and phone number, our gender, how old we are and where we live.

But no, we've got to go queue somewhere and fill out more paperwork. Now there will be a gazillion separate smokestacks of data scattered about the country.

The focus on registrations is INSANE. Focus on getting the vaccine(s).

It's called education management. Faff around collecting data and not doing the job.

10 hours ago, Karma80 said:

In Phuket we were told that all work permit holders would be vaccinated yesterday en mass. My company registered us and then on Saturday, the registration page magically changes to remove any date.

There's no number or email, but the LINE contact admin just says no date for when foreigners can get vaccinated and also "currently foreigners without a valid work permit are not yet eligible to apply at this point in time".

Our company secretary has checked with all the hospitals who know nothing.

This is in Phuket , where there is supposed to be  some 'urgency' , given that we will supposedly open to mass tourism on July 1 , if tourists will come.

I asked yesterday at Bangkok Hospital  about  paying for a vax , and that hospital really likes to say , "Yes!" to making money.

And they said , "Sorry , we dont know..."

So when you find out (by accident!) the day before you are due to report for your vaccination that it has been cancelled "due to an IT problem", or because "we have no vaccine left as it is all being sent to Bangkok as they have a big problem" does it give you confidence in the fact that you have already registered, as suggested  by the  deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun? 

4 hours ago, ibtg68 said:

That depends on which of the “official” announcements you choose to believe. I’ve seen it previously written where registrations made on the Mor Prom app will be honored and then again I’ve seen written where the Mor Prom registrations are going to be disregarded. 

Sounds about par for the course! 

12 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

I don't know, other countries refusing to let me enter? A vaccine not approved by the international community? A vaccine made in the country that let the virus out?

At least you will be welcome in China, as the only vaccines they recognise for international travellers are their own Made in China! 

You don't  have to take anything you don't want to.

Forcing you to take a vaccine you don't want would be a violation of human rights.

There is no way on earth I would ever take Sinovac.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Sad 1

Hearing the variety of reasons folks are getting after unsuccessful registration attempts (IT problems, no vaccine left, etc) inclines me to wonder if much of the confusion is due to the prioritizing intended for Chinese Thais for Sinovac donations. My understanding is that initial vaccine deliveries were given from China with the intention that Chinese citizens would be first in line, and that future ongoing delivery from China may be contingent upon Thailand honoring that policy. Recent revelations of behind-schedule local AZ production would logically make the existing Sinovac jabs the only thing currently available within set timelines. This may have led to a scenario whereby the Thai health system has to "reshuffle the deck" with the expected AZ cards not yet in play in order to keep the deal with China. Hence a variety of reasons/excuses (IT problems, no supply, etc). Note: i do not know if this is the case; i'm only doing a strategic analysis. But if this is true, then most likely ongoing confusion & ambiguity will simply continue until other options are available, and people can discuss/complain all day with no real recourse. Best i can recommend is sticking to the wear-masks/social-distance/immune-enhancement/stay-happy strategies as all along until some really concrete policy & info arises. Stay strong & smart folks.

• Like 1

I have tried to register at Bumrungrad, they say whatever supply they will receive is booked already, Smitivej say they are not registered to supply it, Vimut say they stopped registering on Saturday, they tell us to walk in but what is the point,... I THINK....i got registered through the AIS mobile app (just insert your phone number and receive an OTP) but information is sketchy and i am not 100% sure i am registered and did not receive any appointment time....i would also comment that the information as to any locations to register is not really publicized very well. I got the information that AIS, true, 7/11 are registering from here this morning.

Even the English language CCSA announcements is (today) informing people of locations to register which have already suspended further registrations.

I appreciate the enormity of the operation but surly clear and updated information should be disseminated to everyone.

I will register but don't stick me with Sinovac. My foamily in America have all been vaccinated with either J&J or Moderna. The Moderna had very mild side effects as I am told. With all these COVID-19 vaccines I feel like a monkey or rat in a test laboratory, the word.

14 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Emailed my request to Pattaya Memorial who have my medical records as they instructed and despite chasing the only response is they don't have the vaccines yet. Now it seems I have to walk in and apply at a Government Hospital presumably Banglamung and be there the whole day to register with a fair risk of getting infected!

Personally I am going to bide my time....I live in a house so can isolate quite well. I check a few of the hospital websites every few days to see if they are making any vaccination offers... not so far. I would prefer to go private, but only because my experience of Gov. places is of overcrowding and long wait times... which seem more random. A bit on the high risk. 

Hilarious !! ExPAts have been asking for a vaccine for Months.

Trips to Private Hospitals all come up Empty ( we are NOT allowed

to Register or Vaccinate by the Government ).

This , coupled with the news about Sinovac and AstraZeneca leaves

too much doubt about the competency of this sudden push to

vaccinate every one in a hurry. Is the expiration date on the Sinovac

coming due ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Can people on tourist visa register? Is it only sinovac

Yes you can reguister but our experience here in Koh Samui is that registering or even getting an appointment does not help.  Unless you have connections foreigners are being cancelled or turned away when they are due to actually get their jab.

• Like 1

Went with a friend to check out the location of the Bangkok Hospital (or vaccination center) on Soi 9 Sathorn.  It was locked up. Friend asked the guard if this was the place for vaccinations for foreigners. No, this is for Chinese only he said. But the government said this was for all foreigners, my friend protested. The government misspoke, was the reply.

19 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I see the form above also asks  for religion? why's  that then, does the vaccine  only protect Buddhists or something!

In case you die they know what to do, if it's a problem for you write none.

16 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

In most countries you get the vaccination for free here foreigners won’t get the vaccination for free if they choose any vaccine that isn’t made in China I think why are they asking all those questions by religion etc. etc. amazing Thailand TIT

Astra-Zeneca is made in China?

WOW!...... I learn something new every day.

2 hours ago, Kenneth White said:

I will register but don't stick me with Sinovac. My foamily in America have all been vaccinated with either J&J or Moderna. The Moderna had very mild side effects as I am told. With all these COVID-19 vaccines I feel like a monkey or rat in a test laboratory, the word.

That would be J&J that was banned in several countries?

I went to Market Village, Hua Hin yesterday afternoon to register for the vaccine. At 5PM there was no waiting line and it took 5 minutes to fill out the form. I got an appointment for vaccination on 7 July. They said they had registered about 60 people. Be sure to take a photo copy of the first page of your passport. You can also do this at Bluport. If interested you should probably go quickly?

22 hours ago, WineOh said:

I will go to my local hospital on June 7.

I will also enquire with what brand of jab they intend to stick me with.

If the words 'sinovac' are uttered by anyone at the hospital I shall be walking straight back out the door.

My arm, my choice.

You are spot on, exactly how I think about it and I am sure most thinking people would rather pass on Sinovac.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just register all foreigners automatically.

Why does this have to be complicated?

With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 they know who we are, our email and phone number, our gender, how old we are and where we live.

But no, we've got to go queue somewhere and fill out more paperwork. Now there will be a gazillion separate smokestacks of data scattered about the country.

The focus on registrations is INSANE. Focus on getting the vaccine(s).

If you have lived in Thailand for any length of time you would know that there is no liaison co operation etc between government departments.

For example the RTP regularly block any changes proposed by the DLT who administer the driving licences.

So any chance of expecting them to transfer information which is probably only recorded locally has got no hope.

As far as registering which myself and several expats friends did at the local hospital recently, there was no queuing, no forms to complete and a simple process.

I was even given an appointment card showing my name time and date for the vaccine.

22 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

I got an appointment for vaccination on 7 July.

Is it 7 July?

Not 7 June? 7 June is said to be V Day by the "government".

You selected this date? Or was it the default option? Is there a sepcific time? Or will everyone just converge and queue?

By 7 July the next big Sinovac shipment ( 3 MM ) should be here, so maybe that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

As far as registering which myself and several expats friends did at the local hospital recently, there was no queuing, no forms to complete and a simple process.

Now multiply that by 50 million.

2 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

So any chance of expecting them to transfer information which is probably only recorded locally has got no hope.

Calling BS on this excuse. There is a national database for Thais. And Immigration has records on all aliens. 

Sorry but incompetence is not an excuse.

And finding criminals - the excuse given by the authorities, in the guise of national security - is a joke?

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I was even given an appointment card showing my name time and date for the vaccine.

Cool. An appointment card. From another piece of paper.

Will you have to register again for the second dose?

They say register now but the hospitals in the part of Bangkok where l live say they know nothing about it and are unable to register any foreigners.  We have to wait ?

It seems they never talk to each other.

59 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is it 7 July?

Not 7 June? 7 June is said to be V Day by the "government".

You selected this date? Or was it the default option? Is there a sepcific time? Or will everyone just converge and queue?

By 7 July the next big Sinovac shipment ( 3 MM ) should be here, so maybe that makes sense.

When you register they give you a date and a time. Actually I checked my slip and it is 9 July at 11AM. Very specific for Hua Hin hospital

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:

When you register they give you a date and a time. Actually I checked my slip and it is 9 July at 11AM. Very specific for Hua Hin hospital

Sounds like they are moving appointments until after July 7

11 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

At least you will be welcome in China, as the only vaccines they recognise for international travellers are their own Made in China! 

After 21 days state quarantine.