Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

On 5/31/2021 at 10:38 AM, pantsonfire said:

Can people on tourist visa register? Is it only sinovac

Could be fatal . 

However , those of us with 800.000K in a Thai bank ...

Can be assured of a vaccine ,   ref.. WHO , standards..

They know , sure ..

Tourist visa , in this Covid pandemic / panic era ..??

Overstayers , staying on the cheap ...555

On 6/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, mtls2005 said:

Now multiply that by 50 million.

Calling BS on this excuse. There is a national database for Thais. And Immigration has records on all aliens. 

Sorry but incompetence is not an excuse.

And finding criminals - the excuse given by the authorities, in the guise of national security - is a joke?

Cool. An appointment card. From another piece of paper.

Will you have to register again for the second dose?

The original post was about non Thais not Thais as was the registration process I mentioned

The RTP which is Immigration has had a history of not sharing information with other government departments.

As my late mother often used to say “ some people are never happy unless they are complaining”

I suspect you would fit well into that category.

Just remember that for all the problems you perceive about Thailand it is not compulsory to live here.

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I haven't been there in person... But it's a MoPH run, newly opened facility that's supposedly on the 11th floor of something that I believe is called the Bangrak Medical Institute, but may also be known as the Bangrak Health Center.

979189460_BKKVaccinationCentersPhoneNumbers.jpg.2d881e0f0568d8ff17d8eaf6fbd6c753.jpg

655569622_BangrakVaccinationandHealthCenter8.jpg.d42ccd5915bdc27776a1677c5ee2e205.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg.301d4dc20b6d92cc9e197b05ca8eddf5.jpg

Yes, I found all that information too, and every single article written in Thai about the place, but it's till not clear what building it's in, or where it yes. Yes, I found the address, too. It's not clear to me where "9 South" is (note that I live in Sathon, on soi 1) 

Try searching for Bangrak Vaccination and Health Center or สถาบันการแพทย์บางรัก or ศูนย์ฉีดวัคซีนและสุขภาพบางรัก (the name of the Bangkok Health Center/Centre and the Bangrak Vaccination Health Center in Thai). Not on Google Maps

Just tried calling again, and no answer. Maybe they are so busy with people that they can't answer? 

1 hour ago, timmyp said:

Try searching for Bangrak Vaccination and Health Center or สถาบันการแพทย์บางรัก or ศูนย์ฉีดวัคซีนและสุขภาพบางรัก (the name of the Bangkok Health Center/Centre and the Bangrak Vaccination Health Center in Thai). Not on Google Maps

It is on Google Maps... I already posted the link and photos of the location on GM here in the forum, in fact, in a post just on one page earlier in this thread.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I only hope they can handle online registration better than Immigration has handled 90 day reporting!!!  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Gotta love Thailand's webhosting expertise... maybe they got their Immigration contractors to set up the new site:

Screenshot_7.jpg.3fbd545eb002b67e664e79fbf1d95a70.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg.3e79a735cab3e1cca03b4601ec4af01b.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Gotta love Thailand's webhosting expertise... maybe they got their Immigration contractors to set up the new site:

Screenshot_7.jpg.3fbd545eb002b67e664e79fbf1d95a70.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg.3e79a735cab3e1cca03b4601ec4af01b.jpg

I agree that for some reason Thai coders are notoriously bad with the fine points of setting up a site.  I don't have a clue why but it's often annoying as hell!  On my computer, Chrome doesn't show this particular warning for the site, but Safari does.  It seem to be saying that the certificate does not show that www.thailandintervac.com and thailandintervac.com are one in the same, so just an example of poor website building skills, I guess.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This website process, assuming it actually happens come June 7, will be I think the THIRD different method of supposedly registering foreign nationals for COVID vaccines offered up by the govt in about as many weeks.

The first was the ill-fated but often promised plan to update the Mor Prom mobile app to allow foreigners to register in EN with their passport numbers. That was ultimately abandoned before it ever came to fruition.

The second was the Vimut Hospital and Bangrak Vaccination Center Plan for Bangkok residents -- with Vimut Hospital opening and then closing their online registration in almost a blink of an eye two weekends back, and never being heard from since.  And Bangrak never being heard from at all.

And now we have this....  You kinda have to wonder, what else they're going to come up with between now and June 7. And whether this latest effort will be anything different than the failures that were the prior two.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's "more to come" in terms of new announcements on the registration scheme, but I think it's just inevitable that the previous false starts were necessary "trial & error" steps in this whole "work in progress".  

Hopefully they will make it fly on Jun 7.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I agree that for some reason Thai coders are notoriously bad with the fine points of setting up a site.  I don't have a clue why but it's often annoying as hell!  On my computer, Chrome doesn't show this particular warning for the site, but Safari does.  It seem to be saying that the certificate does not show that www.thailandintervac.com and thailandintervac.com are one in the same, so just an example of poor website building skills, I guess.

When I click thru to the site right now, I get the text message saying it's only for Embassy staff, families and NGOs (which I can understand because it's not June 7 yet)...

But even if I was one of those "special" groups, at least in my Firefox, I don't see any links there right now for even those groups to actually register.  I tried it with my ad blocks both on and off, and got the same going nowhere page.

It's strange, weird....but typical...

Screenshot_9.jpg.d19d4a54e4256d1a52d595da708dcc83.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I click thru to the site right now, I get the text message saying it's only for Embassy staff, families and NGOs (which I can understand because it's not June 7 yet...

But even if I was one of those "special" groups, at least in my Firefox, I don't see any links there right now for even those groups to actually register.  I tried it with my ad blocks both on and off, and got the same going nowhere page.

It's strange, weird....but typical...

Screenshot_9.jpg.d19d4a54e4256d1a52d595da708dcc83.jpg

Yeah, it made me scratch my head for the same reason ????  Perhaps they are reworking the page to reflect the new announcement made yesterday about foreigners.

On 5/31/2021 at 10:44 AM, WineOh said:

I will go to my local hospital on June 7.

I will also enquire with what brand of jab they intend to stick me with.

If the words 'sinovac' are uttered by anyone at the hospital I shall be walking straight back out the door.

My arm, my choice.

Sinovac  is getting excellent  reviews from world time data.

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I asked this week  at PBH but got no coherent answer from  a.senior doctor but it's early  days yet and there  is every reason to be cheerful  and optimistic.

Maybe get better informed by a young pretty nurse. 555555

I see the government has a news release about the new website here:

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210603114910929

Ahh... here's why the main page address you had wasn't showing any links for diplomat staff -- different web address!

"He said all diplomatic staff, consular representatives and staff from international organizations in Thailand should register by June 6 via www.ThailandIntervac.com/diplomats. The inoculations will take place at the MedPark and Vimut hospitals."

And then for us soiled masses:

"Dr. Sophon said other non-Thai citizens can get their jabs starting June 7, adding that priority should be given to the over 60s and those who have any of seven underlying diseases. Foreigners who want to get vaccinated are also required to register via www.ThailandIntervac.com. Those who have booked via the Mor Prom Application will receive the AstraZeneca vaccine."

The /diplomats subaddress does bring up what appears to be a working site right now.  And bizarrely, it says the diplomats will be getting SINOVAC!!!  ????

Screenshot_12.jpg.d7724ce8286ddd9f0e68b9306154b0a6.jpg

39 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I asked this week  at PBH but got no coherent answer from  a.senior doctor but it's early  days yet and there  is every reason to be cheerful  and optimistic.

If, by PBH, you mean Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, they are actually a private hospital so would not be part of the public rollout. 

I also spoke with them about just being able to register for the public rollout through them, since I have records on file there.

Surprisingly, they seemed totally clueless on this, both my doctor and the hospital administrator I spoke with in person.  So, it seems that they are not really an option at this point for registration.

Your best bet is to register online on or after June 7 at www.ThailandIntervac.com.  It's discussed in previous posts in this thread.

If you prefer to go the private hospital route, Pattaya Memorial Hospital is your local choice since they will be one of the 200 private hospitals receiving the Moderna vaccine through the Thai Private Hospital Association's order with the GPO (once price negotiations are completed, the order is placed, shipped and tested) as early as August, but more likely in September or October.  THis opption has been discussed in this thread also.

BTW, although I'm not 100% certain, it appears that BHP is not one of the 200 private hospitals that will receive the initial Moderna vaccines.  Of course everything about the public and private rollouts is changing day to day.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Very strange...... I went back and listened to the EN language COVID news updates given by the government today and yesterday, and there was NO MENTION whatsoever off this new vaccination registration website listed above... 

And yet there was a national government news release about it issued today... following the first mention of it on Wednesday during an online briefing for Thai journalists on the government's vaccine rollout plans...  So why it wasn't mentioned during today's EN language government news briefing, I'm at a loss!!!

I noticed that too.

Bottom line is that we won't know what's real or not real until that sweet sweet vaccine juice is being shot into our arms.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I believe the 7-11 route in only for Thai nationals in Bangkok province.

might have guessed !  I've given up reading or considering anything about registering as it's all fake news ! Wherever one tries to register they either say " sorry but only Thai's here " or "we are not taking registrations from falangs at the moment " or "we are waiting for further news for registering falangs" or " please come back in July " or " we do not have sufficient vaccines at present " !!!! excuses go on and on !!!     

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

might have guessed !  I've given up reading or considering anything about registering as it's all fake news ! Wherever one tries to register they either say " sorry but only Thai's here " or "we are not taking registrations from falangs at the moment " or "we are waiting for further news for registering falangs" or " please come back in July " or " we do not have sufficient vaccines at present " !!!! excuses go on and on !!!     

At least someone said sorry, ha ha 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rulie said:

We are in stage 3 testing out of 5

1/ According to your J&J handout, passing Phase 3 trials is equated with Step 4. All WHO-approved vaccines have concluded Phase 3 successfully.

2/ There's no mention of "final testing" in that handout. It says in Step 5: Even after the vaccine is approved and licensed, regulatory agencies stay involved, continuing to monitor production; inspecting manufacturing facilities; and testing vaccines for potency, safety and purity.

3/ For any vaccine, adverse events are constantly monitored, so in that sense all vaccines, not just Covid vaccines, don't pass "final testing" and shift attention to something else.

Perhaps the FDA factsheet explains it better: Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It is on Google Maps... I already posted the link and photos of the location on GM here in the forum, in fact, in a post just on one page earlier in this thread.

Thanks loads for pasting this link, TallGuy, but when I copy and paste the text you quotes, I get nothing. 

I think this is the place, though! 

https://goo.gl/maps/s2Spk3Ufr2ZPbiij8

I'm not sure, though. Read further if you're curious about how complicated this gets.

The link that kind TallGuy pasted is: 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก+-+Bangrak+Vaccination+and+Health+Center/@1

I get nothing with or without the @1 at the end.

But but but!

Although nothing comes up when I search on the English name, if I search on the Thai name, then I get two locations on Google Maps! This is great progress. But which one is correct? Two separate locations come up for ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก. Not a big deal, cuz they're nicely close to each other:
ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก

https://goo.gl/maps/s2Spk3Ufr2ZPbiij8
https://goo.gl/maps/oygCQuF2HJDrVJq19

I'm sure the authorities want to make this a fun puzzle. They want to test how badly we want the vaccine, no? I accept this challenge!

Although the hits the appear in Google Maps show different buildings along Sathon Road, the image presented for this property in Google Maps is the same. If that image is to be trusted, then the true location of the vaccination centre is the first link above. 

Judging by the photo, the building appears to be a newly-built structure on the start of Sathon soi 9, between the Ascott Sathorn Building and the UOB Building. The building doesn't have a name, but judging by what TallGuy posted, the building name is อาคารบางรัก, which I guess would be Bangrak Building (or maybe Akhan Bangrak, dunno, everyone likes to translated and transliterate differently). 

The original address from the press release shows "9 Sathon," but I guess they maybe mean Sathon 9, i.e., Sathon soi 9? Not sure.  Addresses have always been an intriguing puzzle to me here. 

If I search on the name of the building in Thai ,อาคารบางรัก, then I get this image. It shows the name of the building in Thai, but people are standing in front of it, so I can't tell what the English says: 

image.png.cd10125482123fc0c47410fbba0438cd.png

Just managed to register myself for the vaccine, via online, no problems at all. Was very easy and straight forward. Just received a confirmation email that my registration was successful stating that they will contact me when I am due, atm no queue number or whatsoever. Just did a quick check at the website with my passport number, there was no results. So just wait and drink tea.

Warmest

20 minutes ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

Just managed to register myself for the vaccine, via online, no problems at all. Was very easy and straight forward. Just received a confirmation email that my registration was successful stating that they will contact me when I am due, atm no queue number or whatsoever. Just did a quick check at the website with my passport number, there was no results. So just wait and drink tea.

Warmest

Which online tool?

Which locality?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

Warmest

wait , and wait , and wait ----- and wait !!! good luck 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

Warmest

You don't mention where you registered. Online? What does that mean?

• Like 2