Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

3 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

"All people living on Thai soil, Thais and foreign nationals alike, are requested to register for vaccination through designated channels, should they wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine," deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said on Saturday.

I am English, 66 years old, hold the Pink Card and a permanent Resident of Thailand. (No Excuse)

I have tried registering through numerous channels, Bumrungrad, who hold my health records, closed the registration, Smitivej not taking applications, Vimut closed for registration, True Vision cannot,

AIS got through but no confirmation of date and other applications..... this morning i went to 7/11 where i have been informed that they only take applications for 18 to 59 year olds.

I think someone from the CCSA should get involved and inform Khun Nopakun that registration for foreigners no matter what their status or age is not as simple as what he seems to think and he should start leading this effort instead of just talking without getting the facts.

He's just a spokesman. 

8 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

I think someone from the CCSA should get involved and inform Khun Nopakun that registration for foreigners no matter what their status or age is not as simple as what he seems to think and he should start leading this effort instead of just talking without getting the facts

Even IF you could register, when do you think that you would receive your first jab.

1 minute ago, clivebaxter said:

Not checked this for a few hours, is there a latest app, website, hospital we are meant to use, just what are the 'designated channels' now? The local hospitals still don't seem to know, so how are we meant to?

The situation varies with locality.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, timmyp said:

Thanks loads for pasting this link, TallGuy, but when I copy and paste the text you quotes, I get nothing. 

I think this is the place, though! 

https://goo.gl/maps/s2Spk3Ufr2ZPbiij8

I'm not sure, though. Read further if you're curious about how complicated this gets.

The link that kind TallGuy pasted is: 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก+-+Bangrak+Vaccination+and+Health+Center/@1

I get nothing with or without the @1 at the end.

But but but!

Although nothing comes up when I search on the English name, if I search on the Thai name, then I get two locations on Google Maps! This is great progress. But which one is correct? Two separate locations come up for ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก. Not a big deal, cuz they're nicely close to each other:
ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก

https://goo.gl/maps/s2Spk3Ufr2ZPbiij8
https://goo.gl/maps/oygCQuF2HJDrVJq19

I'm sure the authorities want to make this a fun puzzle. They want to test how badly we want the vaccine, no? I accept this challenge!

Although the hits the appear in Google Maps show different buildings along Sathon Road, the image presented for this property in Google Maps is the same. If that image is to be trusted, then the true location of the vaccination centre is the first link above. 

Judging by the photo, the building appears to be a newly-built structure on the start of Sathon soi 9, between the Ascott Sathorn Building and the UOB Building. The building doesn't have a name, but judging by what TallGuy posted, the building name is อาคารบางรัก, which I guess would be Bangrak Building (or maybe Akhan Bangrak, dunno, everyone likes to translated and transliterate differently). 

The original address from the press release shows "9 Sathon," but I guess they maybe mean Sathon 9, i.e., Sathon soi 9? Not sure.  Addresses have always been an intriguing puzzle to me here. 

If I search on the name of the building in Thai ,อาคารบางรัก, then I get this image. It shows the name of the building in Thai, but people are standing in front of it, so I can't tell what the English says: 

image.png.cd10125482123fc0c47410fbba0438cd.png

Yes, that's the building. The entrance is just by the St Louis BTS station stairway on South Sathorn Road. I walk past it regularly on my evening exercise circuit. On Thursday it had a new banner on the left hand side of the entrance which read "Vaccination Centre" in English. I guess they may be ready to open on Monday, or not. If I'm walking that way again before Monday I'll photograph it. The building looks new and uninhabited, which is rather odd, if it's scheduled to open on 7 June.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Even IF you could register, when do you think that you would receive your first jab.

does not matter when, it matters that there is supposed to be a process to register

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

does not matter when, it matters that there is supposed to be a process to register

Please direct me to location. Good idea to be in a queue for Vax that you won't get. 

Personally I will wait until private hospitals have supply. Maybe October+

Interesting read.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/2021/06/05/opinion-losing-faith-in-thai-govts-timely-inoculation-abilities/

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, Ian Wake said:

"All people living on Thai soil, Thais and foreign nationals alike, are requested to register for vaccination through designated channels, should they wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine," deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said on Saturday.

I am English, 66 years old, hold the Pink Card and a permanent Resident of Thailand. (No Excuse)

I have tried registering through numerous channels, Bumrungrad, who hold my health records, closed the registration, Smitivej not taking applications, Vimut closed for registration, True Vision cannot,

AIS got through but no confirmation of date and other applications..... this morning i went to 7/11 where i have been informed that they only take applications for 18 to 59 year olds.

I think someone from the CCSA should get involved and inform Khun Nopakun that registration for foreigners no matter what their status or age is not as simple as what he seems to think and he should start leading this effort instead of just talking without getting the facts.

You are certainly not alone.  Something is extremely wrong considering there are only two days to go now before foreigners should be able to register.  The CCSA has been pretty evasive is providing specific details on how to actually register. 

Last Wednesday, Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn, deputy director of the Department of Disease Control released a press statement saying that foreigners in high risk groups (over 60 or with comorbidities) can book their vaccinations beginning June 7 online with only their passport number at www.thailandintervac.com

So far however, there is no information at all on that site, only a static page referring to the earlier registration for diplomats.  There should be some message on their website specifically directed to foreigners in high risk groups but there is not!  Maybe that will change on June 7 ???

I guess we have to wait until June 7 to see whether any of the registration schemes for foreigners are actually true, OR if we are being fed a lot of public relations BS just to placate us.  Whatever the situation, that should be crystal clear come June 7.

Without question, the way foreigners are being informed about registration is one of the worst public relations efforts I have ever seen in my life!  I mean we're only talking about being able to sign up for a very simple "waiting list", since that's what registration is basically.  Whatever the situation actually is, the CCSA's daily briefings in English should be providing a LOT more information about this for foreigners than they actually are!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

Latest CCSA briefing for Saturday June 5 addressed foreigner's concerns and questions regarding vaccine supply chain and vaccination schemes aimed at foreigners.  While STILL not specifically addressing the June 7th registration date, it did provide some useful information so it's worth looking at.

See it here; the discussion begins at 8:00 minutes into the video:  

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Latest CCSA briefing for Saturday June 5 addressed foreigner's concerns and questions regarding vaccine supply chain and vaccination schemes aimed at foreigners.  While STILL not specifically addressing the June 7th registration date, it did provide some useful information so it's worth looking at.

See it here; the discussion begins at 8:00 minutes into the video:  

It committed to nothing. I found no comfort there. But actually I prefer that they don't commit to stuff that they aren't ready to commit to over being told explicitly that things are happening that we find in real life boots on the ground are most certainly NOT happening. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It committed to nothing. I found no comfort there. But actually I prefer that they don't commit to stuff that they aren't ready to commit to over being told explicitly that things are happening that we find in real life boots on the ground are most certainly NOT happening. 

I think that is their intention.  They are very careful in how they choose their words, usually leaving much to the imagination of the audience and that's what I find frustrating.

Here we are now with less than 24 hours to go before foreigner registration is to start and we still do not have a clue of how to register!  Par for the course I suppose.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 3:13 PM, WaveHunter said:

did provide some useful informatio

I watched it. After 8:00.

There was no information at all. And nothing useful. Just the usual blah blah

Did I miss something?

On 6/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, WaveHunter said:

You are certainly not alone.  Something is extremely wrong considering there are only two days to go now before foreigners should be able to register.  The CCSA has been pretty evasive is providing specific details on how to actually register. 

Last Wednesday, Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn, deputy director of the Department of Disease Control released a press statement saying that foreigners in high risk groups (over 60 or with comorbidities) can book their vaccinations beginning June 7 online with only their passport number at www.thailandintervac.com

S

It's live just booked, ludicrous terms and conditions it would take about an hour to read, strange what organization question, just put a dash in it, great it worked. Go through the health screening page then select your Hospital time and date. That did NOT work, no dates were live, all blanked out! So registered yet again (takes passport/visa info) but no time or date given, as yet. You can also select the vaccine. Tried several times with the date no go.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It's live just booked, ludicrous terms and conditions it would take about an hour to read, strange what organization question, just put a dash in it, great it worked. Go through the health screening page then select your Hospital time and date. That did NOT work, no dates were live, all blanked out! So registered yet again (takes passport/visa info) but no time or date given, as yet. You can also select the vaccine. Tried several times with the date no go.

Same for me.  Choosing either Sinovac or AZ, and choosing any of the 3 hospitals, all the dates are greyed out.  Cannot choose any date. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Same for me.  Choosing either Sinovac or AZ, and choosing any of the 3 hospitals, all the dates are greyed out.  Cannot choose any date. 

so it lets you register, and they can say 200k foreigners are now registered, but with no appointments. One step forward two back ????

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

so it lets you register, and they can say 200k foreigners are now registered, but with no appointments. One step forward two back ????

AND now someone has lots of information as well as email addresses and phone numbers to sell to spammers. 

I could be wrong, but doesn't Websites for Dummies say you should make sure your website actually works before you go live?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JTXR said:

AND now someone has lots of information as well as email addresses and phone numbers to sell to spammers. 

I could be wrong, but doesn't Websites for Dummies say you should make sure your website actually works before you go live?

The people organizing all these registration methods are not up to dummy level yet ????

55 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

The people organizing all these registration methods are not up to dummy level yet ????

....just some of the posters on here! ????...you have to be some sort of conspiracy theorists to worry about scammers off a government website.

"Don't tell them your name, Pike"..................

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

I just registered on the Intervac site, too.  When I registered it did not allow me to choose a date.  Instead, it assigned me the date of 1 January 1970.  I kid you not.  So, somehow I'll need to figure out how to go back in time to get my shot.  No place or time was indicated, just the date, so they are making it even harder.  Ok, let me get to work on my time machine.  Good luck, all.

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

When I registered it did not give me a choice of vaccines or hospitals.  I answered 'yes' to the insurance question so perhaps you get different screens after that?  Also, no calendar came up to choose vaccination dates.  I was assigned 1 January 1970.  (Gee, thanks!)   In the box 'Organization', I first left it blank and got an error message so I filled in 'None' and that allowed me to continue with the application.