Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I just registered on the Intervac site, too.  When I registered it did not allow me to choose a date.  Instead, it assigned me the date of 1 January 1970.  I kid you not.  So, somehow I'll need to figure out how to go back in time to get my shot.  No place or time was indicated, just the date, so they are making it even harder.  Ok, let me get to work on my time machine.  Good luck, all.

Don't worry too much. If you manage to go back that far in time, nobody even heard of Covid.....19. ????????????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yep. Message at http://www.thailandintervac.com/ has changed.

Maybe open to foreigners fro registration? But over 60 YO and with one or more of the seven conditions.

INCORRECT...it is 60 and over AND/OR with existing conditions.

Remember that when you read English statements on a Thai website, they are often very poorly translated and therefore easily misinterpreted. 

Why on earth a webpage page aimed SOLELY at foreigners would not be written by someone fluent in the international language (English) is beyond me, but that's how it has always been at Immigration, and the same appears to be true on this website as well.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

My suggestion; just leave the website open on your desktop and refresh the page every 30 minutes through the day, and just keep trying to register.  This is Thailand, buggy websites are just a normal part of life here!  Just like with Imm 90 day reporting, it will eventually work...at some point, maybe ????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I have just successfully registered that took about 14 minutes for confirmation.

When I pressed the "Appointment" button I was greeted with a date of...

See picture below

Appointment date HaHa.jpg

I got at instant confirmation, with the same date , I think they must be back dating vaccinations !

20 minutes ago, cnxnicho said:

I got at instant confirmation, with the same date , I think they must be back dating vaccinations !

I think it's just a coding glitch from the hasty way they updated the site.  The date field probably should have just been blank like the other fields until they actually assign your appointment, and then ALL fields would show correct data.

I wonder how long we must wait to receive that email confirmation they mention at the bottom of the page? 

I guess we need to just start checking our email and spam folders daily, or you can log into your account and check there by clicking the green bar at the bottom of the https://thailandintervac.com/ webpage.

28 minutes ago, cnxnicho said:

It's all back to square one. Got back on after 3pm and a long wait. Signed in, did the preamble, get to calendar, all greyed out. I'd love to see how they explain this away tomorrow on the daily briefing. Fluid situation? You mean, you don't have a clue what you're doing!

IT WORKED! I HAVE A VACCINE APPOINTMENT! 

on June 22 at Phaya Thai Hospital 15:00 for Sinovac. 

i tried to make an appointment early this morning and like everyone else all the dates were greyed out. 

But i just went back (5PM) and there were dates available in Late June. So I tried them for astra zeneca. That failed. No astra on those dates. Then I tried Sinovac and it worked. i have an appointment though it says wait for email confirmation. 

everyone should go back and login and update your appointment time. There are slots avilailable in June.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, papersource said:

IT WORKED! I HAVE A VACCINE APPOINTMENT! 

on June 22 at Phaya Thai Hospital 15:00 for Sinovac. 

i tried to make an appointment early this morning and like everyone else all the dates were greyed out. 

But i just went back (5PM) and there were dates available in Late June. So I tried them for astra zeneca. That failed. No astra on those dates. Then I tried Sinovac and it worked. i have an appointment though it says wait for email confirmation. 

everyone should go back and login and update your appointment time. There are slots avilailable in June.

Are you talking about something related to MorProm?

Edited by WaveHunter

33 minutes ago, papersource said:

You can book a vaccine and make an appointment at this website:

http://thailandintervac.com

I registered there at around 2pm today.  So, you are saying that initially you also had that Jan 1 2017 date but grayed out fields for the other fields, but then later today, it just changed to the full appointment you showed?

Hopefully mine and everyone else who is getting that curious Jan 1 2017 field with the other gray fields will experience the same.

Unfortunately the site just locked up for "updating" again, so I guess we'll have to wait and see ????

Edited by WaveHunter

OH MY!!!  The http://www.thailandintervac.com/ site just shut down again, with an odd message that the site is again being updated and it will open again at 5pm

That's odd becuase it was working fine for me right up until 6pm when it locked up.  I wonder if they actually mean 5pm tomorrow ???

I guess they need to update all the registrations.  Hopefully appointments will start appearing on your log in screens as @papersourceseem to be claiming, once they are back up and running.  I hope so ????

696068088_snapshot_2021-06-07at6_11_57PM.thumb.jpg.9890f986bea0d6f071ab2814e510f7b0.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

27 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

OH MY!!!  The http://www.thailandintervac.com/ site just shut down again, with an odd message that the site is again being updated and it will open again at 5pm

That's odd becuase it was working fine for me right up until 6pm when it locked up.  I wonder if they actually mean 5pm tomorrow ???

I guess they need to update all the registrations.  Hopefully appointments will start appearing on your log in screens as @papersourceseem to be claiming, once they are back up and running.  I hope so ????

696068088_snapshot_2021-06-07at6_11_57PM.thumb.jpg.9890f986bea0d6f071ab2814e510f7b0.jpg

Papersource has a booking in Bangkok. As Bangkok Pattaya Hospital clearly shows no availability at all I can't imagine how it's possible yet to get an appointment date there until they do.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Papersource has a booking in Bangkok. As Bangkok Pattaya Hospital clearly shows no availability at all I can't imagine how it's possible yet to get an appointment date there until they do.

Well my point was simply that the appointment process on the site seems to work, and that curious Jan 1 2017 thing is meaningless, and that we should track our accounts becuase who knows if their email notifications are going to be effective.

I didn't know he/she was in Bangkok, but even so, getting such an early appointment is a good thing, and I'm hoping that as soon as Pattaya is ready, we will also get timely appointments.

Bottom line, things are looking MUCH better than they did only 24 hours ago, wouldn't you say?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, papersource said:

You can book a vaccine and make an appointment at this website:

http://thailandintervac.com

no you can't !  It just says :-

Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 5:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.

nothing to click on , no "green" bar -  more fake news 

Available group: People aged 60 + years old, people living with any underlying diseases following;

• Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
  • Coronary artery disease (CAD)
  • Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
  • Stroke
  • Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)

12 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

no you can't !  It just says :-

Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 5:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.

nothing to click on , no "green" bar -  more fake news 

Relax, it's not fake news.  The site was just overwhelmed today with registrations so they apparently had to shut it down temporarily. 

It was working quite well through most of today, and some people who registered were even issued appointments within hours of registration, like this one:

1907725283_snapshot_2021-06-07at6_44_52PM.jpg.4a78164e23e6abf1858fabf2f15d2da4.jpg

Just be patient and by tomorrow it will probably be back online for anyone 60 or over, or with specified medical issues to register. 

Edited by WaveHunter

On 5/31/2021 at 10:36 AM, webfact said:

Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register.

Has anyone under 60 without chronic conditions successfully registered at their local gov hospital in Bangkok?

Trying to gauge if it actually makes sense to take the risk to go there in person, as my local hospital is near several clusters. All the online registration options are closed or for 60+ or chronic conditions only (and don't work very well). 

Many thanks

3 hours ago, fcbkk said:

Has anyone under 60 without chronic conditions successfully registered at their local gov hospital in Bangkok?

Trying to gauge if it actually makes sense to take the risk to go there in person, as my local hospital is near several clusters. All the online registration options are closed or for 60+ or chronic conditions only (and don't work very well). 

Many thanks

Yes I did.

At a hospital I never went to before.

My appointment is end of July but they say they will call me when there's spare doses in the next batch.

This is for AZ.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Relax, it's not fake news.  The site was just overwhelmed today with registrations so they apparently had to shut it down temporarily. 

It was working quite well through most of today, and some people who registered were even issued appointments within hours of registration, like this one:

1907725283_snapshot_2021-06-07at6_44_52PM.jpg.4a78164e23e6abf1858fabf2f15d2da4.jpg

Just be patient and by tomorrow it will probably be back online for anyone 60 or over, or with specified medical issues to register. 

Is there a way for people to logon there if they already have an account and got one of those wait for confirmation screen messages?

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is there a way for people to logon there if they already have an account and got one of those wait for confirmation screen messages?

Same issue here!  There was a link to do that yesterday; now it is gone!

I thought maybe yesterday's registrations might have been corrupted so I started re-registering, and when I put my email address and password in again I got this message...so at least I know my registration is indeed in their system. 

I swear, a grade school child could build a better website than this!

1553402267_snapshot_2021-06-08at12_45_01PM.jpg.c975644e5f787f13ffe5903ce4269630.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Same issue here!  There was a link to do that yesterday; now it is gone!

I thought maybe yesterday's registrations might have been corrupted so I started re-registering, and when I put my email address and password in again I got this message...so at least I know my registration is indeed in their system. 

I swear, a grade school child could build a better website than this!

1553402267_snapshot_2021-06-08at12_45_01PM.jpg.c975644e5f787f13ffe5903ce4269630.jpg

Definitely not inspiring confidence.

....As rich Thais fly to the USA to get a jab in Walmart, CVS or Costco stores with no BS paperwork, registrations, ID, or nothing.

And it's all cheaper than qarantine alone costs here.

I love this land, but I loathe the bronze-age archoles who preside over it.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, WaveHunter said:

Why on earth a webpage page aimed SOLELY at foreigners would not be written by someone fluent in the international language (English) is beyond me, but that's how it has always been at Immigration, and the same appears to be true on this website as well.

Because the Government alone get to harass and wrangle Thailands visitors and guests, and as everybody should know, Government jobs are seldom merit-based, and often nepotic, and that's almost everywhere, it's just taken to the nth degree here.

Also here, the base pay before bribes is <deleted>, a Military flag rank officer makes in the region of $2000 USD a month. Imagine what a junior government media person takes home! Thais fluent in English usually have spent considerable time overseas, and would be having none of it. They have far better prospects in the private sector or working for themselves.

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Definitely not inspiring confidence.

Nothing the public sector does inspires confidence, compared to how the private (commercial) sector does things, not just here in Thailand but anywhere in the world.  If you want something done right, be prepared to pay for it cuz there is no such thing as a free lunch.  My bet is on the private hospitals where "money talks and nobody walks".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes I did.

At a hospital I never went to before.

My appointment is end of July but they say they will call me when there's spare doses in the next batch.

This is for AZ.

Thank you and congrats, hope all goes well! Were you offered a choice re AZ?

Then i'll try tomorrow i guess, likewise i have not been there before, hope the experience is similarly positive.