Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

It’s done through their official line group 

Had a look it's 2k a shot plus 300-500 for the Dr, not sure why you need a Dr, so about 5k. They say Oct. Of course foreigners might be charged more.

Edited by clivebaxter

Moderna is supposed to be administered 28 days apart.  Will Thailand follow this path or try and stretch it out like they announced with AZ(10 weeks apart recommended but recent announcement was Thailand will stretch it out to 16 weeks and squeeze out 12 does per bottle rather tHan the recommended 10).  

On 5/31/2021 at 11:58 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

I see the form above also asks  for religion? why's  that then, does the vaccine  only protect Buddhists or something!

Whenever I fill in their forms that ask religion I have some fun: sometimes I put down Pagan, other times I'm a Sun Worshipper, on other occasions I'm a Bush Baptist. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Followed the instructions and rolled up at Banglamung Hospital this morning to register .  First I was told it was only for Thai's but then I showed them "the news" statement which then produced a different reply in that a) they were not taking any registrations from "foreigners" and I would need to use the "QueQ" App on Line to register  plus b) they did not have sufficient vaccines and did not know when they would have and c) they were waiting for further news from hierarchy .

All was not wasted time as my Thai partner decided to donate blood but for myself I can only say that the news coming from those boffins at the top is "fake news"  and just as a member of the public can be prosecuted so should they !!!   The staff whom I spoke to (in English) fully agreed that it was ludicrous not to allow Private (registered) Hospitals and certain institutions to directly order vaccines to help get the population vaccinated without delay .  

Thanks for that report. I've been trying to follow the specific situation in Pattaya. That's been a nightmare but I guess eventually it's got to get better because it would be hard to get worse. But when? Bears repeating. But when?

I have a few comments on your report.

My understanding is that registration for foreigners isn't supposed to start until June 7.
Is it possible that you just went in too early? But I doubt that because you would think if that was the case they would have known about that and just told you, but they obviously didn't.

The QueQ app accepts passport IDs or not?

Edited by Jingthing

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks for that report. I've been trying to follow the specific situation in Pattaya. That's been a nightmare but I guess eventually it's got to get better because it would be hard to get worse. But when? Bears repeating. But when?

I have a few comments on your report.

My understanding is that registration for foreigners isn't supposed to start until June 7.
Is it possible that you just went in too early? But I doubt that because you would think if that was the case they would have known about that and just told you, but they obviously didn't.

The QueQ app accepts passport IDs or not?

If you go back and read the the news article that this topic refers to , it specifically says foreigners are urged to register as soon as possible to avoid queues .

Quote from the News Article :

"All people living on Thai soil, Thais and foreign nationals alike, are requested to register for vaccination through designated channels, should they wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine," deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said on Saturday.

Registering now will help the authorities with the planning of the vaccine rollout and will help to reduce congestion and long queues on vaccination day, Mr Natapanu said.

Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register.

Unquote

I have just reluctantly download the QueQ App and about to investigate the "stated registration process " using it .  It seems to require a lot of personal information / access and I am not one for having "big brother" being able to access personal data , then if QueQ is found to be as useless as the news , it will be deleted forthwith !    

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

If you go back and read the the news article that this topic refers to , it specifically says foreigners are urged to register as soon as possible to avoid queues .

"All people living on Thai soil, Thais and foreign nationals alike, are requested to register for vaccination through designated channels, should they wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine," deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said on Saturday.

Registering now will help the authorities with the planning of the vaccine rollout and will help to reduce congestion and long queues on vaccination day, Mr Natapanu said.

Unquote

I have just reluctantly download the QueQ App and about to investigate the "stated registration process " using it .  It seems to require a lot of personal information / access and I am not one for having "big brother" being able to access personal data , then if QueQ is found to be as useless as the news , it will be deleted forthwith !    

I'm totally confused yet again.

It's impossible to really know which news announcements supersede previous ones and which don't. 

A fairly recent one stated registration has been shifted to each province.

Isn't QueQ a national rather than a Chonburi province thing?

As you didn't answer whether QueQ accepts passports as ID am I right to assume you don't know?

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

No surprise there.  The EU has been debating this for a while, and if the Netherlands have made it official, I have a feeling all other countries will as well. 

That's probably the main reason I plan to go the private hospital route for my vaccination.

The Private Hospital Association of Thailand is in the process of ordering Moderna for private hospitals to administer (for pay), possibly as early as August, according to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital. 

I registered with them the other day, and you should too if you are in the Pattaya area.  Just send an email to them at [email protected] and request that they send you a registration form.

If outside of Pattaya, just check with private hospitals in your region.

I registered with them 2 months ago. Checked back a few days ago. October, they said. If you enjoy being kicked in the nuts, try getting a jab in Pattaya when you aren't front line, just over 60 with an underlying condition. Unbelievable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Unquote

"Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register."

Are they kidding? City hospital and Banglamung, 2 of the nastiest receptions I've ever encountered. Look at you like you're something the cat dragged in. A foreigner! In Thailand! And he wants a jab? Horror! This is the biggest bum steer I've ever heard of.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, MRToMRT said:

"Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register."

Thats a bit different from "the hospital that keeps your medical records".  This is all so confusing living in Bangkok. 

Any hospital I ask says we don't know. Even Vimut which they told us to go to (a private hospital btw) is not registering people anymore.

Hope they release more information, and its achievable for Bangkok retirees, in the coming days.

I was able to register online with Vimut Hospital on May 24th. They were using the Google Forms application. However no confirmation of my registration has been sent. No email or SMS message confirming my registration. I seen yesterday that they closed the registration process. Needless to say, I have serious doubts...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm totally confused yet again.

It's impossible to really know which news announcements supersede previous ones and which don't. 

A fairly recent one stated registration has been shifted to each province.

Isn't QueQ a national rather than a Chonburi province thing?

As you didn't answer whether QueQ accepts passports as ID am I right to assume you don't know?

yes, I don't know !!   Now I see an article registering for vaccination at 7 eleven - yet to read !!!  haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

I was able to register online with Vimut Hospital on May 24th. They were using the Google Forms application. However no confirmation of my registration has been sent. No email or SMS message confirming my registration. I seen yesterday that they closed the registration process. Needless to say, I have serious doubts...

Same here. Let's see if they will eventually send out appointments to those of us who managed to register before they closed registrations.

I enquired at Siriroj Hospital ( formerly International and now owned by the Bangkok Group) in Phuket - you know , the Sandbox Island hurrying to achieve herd immunity  , and they , quite  kindly , said they are not taking registrations for foreigners and to enquire again next month when they knew they could get vax.

I'm now of the view that a lot of these announcements are  simply meant to 'sooth' and mean nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Same here. Let's see if they will eventually send out appointments to those of us who managed to register before they closed registrations.

I'm debating whether or not to register at more than one location ????

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Re Vimut, they quickly bailed out of the "we'll send you an SMS with your registration appointment date in 4-5 days" original message.... and then later posted a different update saying basically, "we'll get back to you whenever we know more about the timing and amount of our vaccine supply from the government."  No such update has as yet been forthcoming.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:01 PM, Purdey said:

Mysteriously, two friends have tried to register and one was told online by Vimut that registrations were full and no more were being accepted. The second person went to see Bangrak Vaccination and Health Centre, Sathorn, and it was all locked up. 

I called Bumrungrad and informed them I have an underlying disease, Diabetes, and am older than 60. I got an appointment for 30 July. No idea which vaccine.

I can't find the the Bangrak Vaccination and Health Centre on Google Maps, and nobody there answers the phone. I tried searching in Thai, and there is hardly  any information there either, just some articles about the opening of the centre. None of the articles state the name of the building that the new centre is located in (only that it's on the 11th floor). The Thai name doesn't show up on Google Maps, either. 

I live on Sathon, and it's not clear to me what building it's even in. The address is 9 Sathon, so I know the area that it would be in, but that doesn't tell me which building. This is totally absurd. 

Clearly, the Thai gov doesn't want anyone to find this place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, timmyp said:

I can't find the the Bangrak Vaccination and Health Centre on Google Maps, and nobody there answers the phone. I tried searching in Thai, and there is hardly  any information there either, just some articles about the opening of the centre. None of the articles state the name of the building that the new centre is located in (only that it's on the 11th floor). The Thai name doesn't show up on Google Maps, either. 

I live on Sathon, and it's not clear to me what building it's even in. The address is 9 Sathon, so I know the area that it would be in, but that doesn't tell me which building. This is totally absurd. 

Clearly, the Thai gov doesn't want anyone to find this place. 

I haven't been there in person... But it's a MoPH run, newly opened facility that's supposedly on the 11th floor of something that I believe is called the Bangrak Medical Institute, but may also be known as the Bangrak Health Center.

979189460_BKKVaccinationCentersPhoneNumbers.jpg.2d881e0f0568d8ff17d8eaf6fbd6c753.jpg

655569622_BangrakVaccinationandHealthCenter8.jpg.d42ccd5915bdc27776a1677c5ee2e205.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg.301d4dc20b6d92cc9e197b05ca8eddf5.jpg

Looks like it should be right adjacent to St. Louis Hospital... but not accessible directly from Sathorn Rd itself, but set back and more likely from one of the two side sois there, Sathorn Soi 13 or St. Louis Soi 3.

Screenshot_7.jpg.ed6ba654ed5b43beff45ae41d0ac6b31.jpg

ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก - Bangrak Vaccination and Health Center อาคารบางรัก) 9 Sathon Tai, Yan Nawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ศูนย์วัคซีนและตรวจสุขภาพบางรัก+-+Bangrak+Vaccination+and+Health+Center/@13.7184272,100.5287531,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x30e29954da3c47b9:0xe091895191c131ab!8m2!3d13.7200532!4d100.5261138

Also, by way of background:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/oic/news.php?news=18641&deptcode=oic

Looking something like this (without the superimposed Thai cartoon character!):

1841391798_BangrakVaccinationHealthCenter3.jpg.4f5016d01cab4d2f48405ce2f3dbb498.jpg

17 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Unquote

The whole situation has become about as confusing, contradictory, and downright bizarre as anything I've ever seen here in Thailand!

With only five days to go to the proposed opening of registration for foreigners and still absolutely no plan being made public on how this will occur, I am abandoning any plan to register for public vaccination, and will rely on private hospitals for it.

Even if the public registration does indeed start on June 7 (which I now highly doubt will happen on time), the utter chaos of those first days combined with the absence of any sort of social distancing with so many people queing up for hours on end sounds like a nightmare in the making!

Contrary to what you stated, the Private Hospital Association of Thailand has now been granted permission by the government to procure WESTERN vaccines through the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, on behalf of its' 200 member private hospitals.  A 5 million dose order is in progress right now.

I have spoken to the administrator at Pattaya Memorial Hospital (a private hospital) and been able to register for it.  Anticipated first jabs may be as early as August, but I was told that September or October was a more likely date.

As with most things, commercial enterprises (which is what private hospitals really are) often do a much more efficient job than the public sector possibly can.  The old adage, "You get what you pay for"  comes to mind.

I mean no disrespect towards the public rollout schemes, and recognize it is a integral part of the country's vaccination strategy, but if I can pay for a more orderly, effective, and safe means to become vaccinated, it's money well spent.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1