Traffic fines: Here's what you must pay - including 500 baht for "undertaking"

webfact

8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It wasn't/isn't a line of thought. It is fact and was shown to be so on this forum. 

that is not a convincing argument

8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Under the Article 44 order, the Department of Land Transport will get 5 per cent of each traffic fine and pass on the rest of the fine money to traffic police

Section 44 (500B)

A driver who wishes to overtake or pass another vehicle in the roadway with no traffic lane mark shall use sound signals loud enough to let the driver who is driving the vehicle in front know of his intention and, after the driver of the vehicle in front gives a responding signal pursuant to Section 37 c. or Section 38 c. (left blinker or corresponding hand signal), may proceed to overtake.[When overtaking, the driver shall overtake from the right side, keep safe distance, and return to the left-hand side lane promptly.]

unless you are referring to something that is not called <Land Traffic Act, B.E. 2522 (1979).

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

It would be nice if the police at least once stop all idiots who drive in the dark without lights.

The thing is that the police drive no different to the idiots that they're trying to police. So how can they be the judge?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KKr said:

Section 44 (500B)

A driver who wishes to overtake or pass another vehicle in the roadway with no traffic lane mark shall use sound signals loud enough to let the driver who is driving the vehicle in front know of his intention and, after the driver of the vehicle in front gives a responding signal pursuant to Section 37 c. or Section 38 c. (left blinker or corresponding hand signal), may proceed to overtake.[When overtaking, the driver shall overtake from the right side, keep safe distance, and return to the left-hand side lane promptly.]

unless you are referring to something that is not called <Land Traffic Act, B.E. 2522 (1979).

Keep Google-ing you'll get there eventually.

20 hours ago, tingtong said:

Going by the list, 

Looks like DUI ( drunk driver) is not a penalty cause...?

Not much I see about fines for  speeding listed either, but potentially a no license plate can be a saving in a longer journey since there is an increasing number of speed cameras ( likely 50% not working though)...

Fine for hitting a policeman and dragging and killing him?

No fine if your granddad is very rich and can fly you out of the country on a private jet then pay the corrupt officials not to look for you 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lagavulin1 said:

Does driving in the wrong direction count as undertaking do you think? 

P. 

Probably not but I still wish it was legal to put a heavy piece of steel on the front of my truck and take out these idiots riding the wrong way on their motorcycles 

On 6/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, shady86 said:

No fines for idiots blocking the right lane driving as if the road belongs to them?

25000 for not wearing a face mask is much better than stopping a bike for no helmet for lousy 200 lunch.

Now we can drink Johnny Walker for lunch, no problem with the man going slow blocking the right. 

He only going slow so his top heavy ute no turn over, very safe driving, and he forgot his red bull drink and his smokes. 

I actually watch a policeman issuing tickets down the street from King Power in BKK on Monday. First he stopped a scooter going the wrong way down the Soi. When I saw it I stopped to see if money was exchanged or just a verbal warning and it wasn't, just a ticket issued. Surprised at seeing that I stopped and watched as he got another scooter, but wasnt clear for what, but again saw him issue a ticket in the midst of a debate from the scooter driver. Then he walked across the street and got a car that was parked half in the street blocking the road and wrote another ticket. I think that's actually the only time in all my visits in thailand in the last 15 years I ever saw an actual ticket written. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

So when that vehicle pulls up behind you and starts flashing his lights.. Get out of the way, even if you are driving the speed limit (or think you are). 

If the road is clear on your inside, you should have pulled over out of the way. It is not your job to police other drivers and hold them up. It is safer to let them get by. 

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Keep Google-ing you'll get there 

seems you are oblivious to facts when you are challenged on your hilarious attempt at Thai Bashing.

whatever,

one more wind-up and conspiracy spinning artist on the ???????????? list.

Edited by KKr
  • Sad 1

On 6/4/2021 at 10:04 AM, dave moir said:

Undertaking is something you can't avoid a lot of the time as many people like to hog the outside lane even though there is nothing in the inside lane! 

There should be a huge fine for hogging the outside lane!????

velly true !!!!!

On 6/4/2021 at 8:25 AM, ChrisKC said:

It is a shame that most on this forum believe, because it is true and has been true for many years, that the people, including some farang, are not listening; they do not care one jot about the law and are seemingly content with this status quo and in real terms so are the police.

if I am in charge, there will be a change and future announcements will include:

The traffic laws are going to be rigorously enforced. If you break these laws, you will be fined and that will be enforced too.

And what's more, we are coming for you to collect the fines you already owe us.

Expect some home visits if you ignore the laws.

what laws !!!!

On 6/4/2021 at 6:16 AM, smi11ie said:

Why do the government make these pointless updates?  Total waste of time.  200% sure nothing will change.  Thailand will still top Asia's road death charts for years to come.  

well said and put !!!

25 minutes ago, KKr said:

seems you are oblivious to facts when you are challenged on your hilarious attempt at Thai Bashing.

Thai bashing?????? Are you on something? I will accept your apology after you read the link.

Under the Article 44 order, the Department of Land Transport will get 5 per cent of each traffic fine and pass on the rest of the fine money to traffic police.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30309980

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Thai bashing?????? Are you on something? I will accept your apology after you read the link.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30309980

Published : March 22, 2017

was it checked whether this is a time-limited order ?

is that still in force . 

quoting hearsay without a reference comes across  as a posting that someone has not thought about; telling other forum members to go google themselves (pun intended) is not a reliable source of information.

byebye

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

if no helmet then it is ok to undertake......

Let's see 2 people on a motorcycle no helmet the operator playing on his phone both hands swerving all over the road this idiot went by as me and my wife was pulling out of our driveway this morning the way he was swerving I was afraid to try and pass him. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 1:59 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Undertaking is one of the quickest ways to a date with the undertaker...

Not in countries where people are trained to drive correctly and use their mirrors.

Its legal in Australia if the lanes are marked.

What do you do if the person in front is stopped and waiting to turn right ?

• Like 2