PM to lead discussions on reopening tourism provinces

snoop1130

On 6/3/2021 at 10:30 PM, smedly said:

covid 101, people from countries that have an advanced vaccine program with effective vaccines will only be visiting other countries that have an advanced vaccine program with effective vaccines, that leaves Thailand out of the game

That’s the nail on the head right there.

establish social programs to keep your population from starving and keep their businesses afloat, vaccinate, vaccinate and vaccinate. THEN come up with fancy plans.

everything they are doing now to open is built on a foundation of sand.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, hotchilli said:

In his opinion maybe... his target is somewhat lower than what it should be.

Allow in only those tourists with two vaccinations into a province where 60%-70% of locals have had only one jab and the rest nothing?

Not sure other nations will be happy about that.

Other nations won’t differentiate between Phuket and the rest of Thailand anyway. After two weeks, visitors can leave Phuket and go to Bangkok and then back to their home country. So I’m pretty sure it’s the 1% vaccination rate for the whole of Thailand that will apply, no matter how many they may vaccinate in Phuket.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, superal said:

The P.M. has to open the country to double jabbed tourists with the appropriate mandatory covid insurance .  Why ?   because a large % of the country are suffering by way of loss of earnings , losing their businesses , losing their properties and going hungary . There is no furlough scheme , safety net or financial government help happening .  

Unless there is something beneficial and positive announced soon to help the depressed Thai folk , I fear that things could turn a lot worse in Thailand and that is besides the pandemic . The military government seem hell bent at becoming more and more unpopular by defending their economy being paramount .

If the government introduced a furlough scheme, safety net or gave financial government help, then they wouldn’t HAVE to open. It is their decision not to have those things in place.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Among the 10 provinces planned to welcome vaccinated tourists from October 1 are Pattaya, Phang Nga, Koh Samui, Krabi, and Bangkok the rest are listed in this infographic I found for you

image.png.85132a5a32d786319a2d2fd3925b788c.png

Thanks Ryan, well that's me stuffed for now, trapped in the UK trying to get back to my fiancé in Nong Khai province

• Sad 2

On 6/4/2021 at 4:19 AM, RichardColeman said:

OK, so that's say 43,000 tourists a month. Can they please show the evidence of that actually happening ? Can they show the 43,000 bums of flights booked ? Hotels booked by those same 43,000 bums ? No, thought not !

We all wish them well, but we all know reality from Jackanory 

I dont wish them well at all.

The taxi rip offs, hookers, scam artists, thieves, corrupt officials, bent coppers, lack of care for peoples safety and welfare 

Nah, i dont wish them well.

Kinda glad they're all skint with plenty of time to reflect on their attitude towards tourists and expats.

• Like 1

I flew in tonight on a 787-9 Dreamliner operated by one of the Middle East carriers and besides myself there was a grand total of 5, yes 5, other passengers. We were outnumbered 2 to 1 by cabin crew. It was like being Jeff Bezos or somebody, having your own private $300 million aircraft. 

And the arrivals hall at Swampy was the same story. Fully staffed for us 6 passengers and another flight with not many more on it. It was like there's been some kind of apocalypse.

The tourist industry in Thailand is going to have a long hard climb back....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1